• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sweet spot competetion

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I was playing Brawl earlier in the evening with some friends. We were doing free for all 4 player matches, no items and random stage picks. All of the bs stages were taken out.
Anyway, I main Falcon and my friend mained Luigi in Melee and probably seconds him in Brawl. We started having a discussion over our sweet spots. His up-b and my knee. We disagreed on who's sweet spot was harder to hit with. So, we decided to have a little competition. We just kept on playing matches, 1v1v1v1, no items, and we started tallying the number of sweet spots hits we would land.
I'm just wondering who you guys though came out on top, and who you thought should have come out on top.
I'll post the results when I get a couple of guesses.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I would say you'll get more but that's only because Luigi's has such horrible ending lag with the whole slow fall/head stick in ground. You'll be able to get more off simply because you'll be able to attempt more.

Now if you took a PERCENTAGE of who hit more often, that would be pretty interesting.

PeN5iVe

Smash Rookie
the knee also dosent move you, makeing it alot easier to land in the air.

however since the competition is luigi vs falcon, the fact that luigi is a smaller target has to be taken into considderation... but i have already made my guess, and will stick to my word.

now, TC, most people consider the phrase "a couple" as a synonym for two, so i believe it is time for you to stick to yours.

</mature>

tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me!!!!!

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Ok... yeah. I won.
The points would go back and forth for a while, and I had an early lead because for the first match someone was playing Bowser. The final score ended up being like 46 to 39, over like 10 or 12 matches.

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
To me it just seems like the knee has been delayed in brawl.

Like, I mini hop into a KNEE, Since the timing is delayed for it in brawl you have to wait a little bit longer to connect with the KNEE. If i Mini hop and immediately go for a KNEE i'll get the sweet spot.

I believe the same thing goes with Falcons DAIR. So once you get that down the KNEE & DAIR are easy to hit with.

Luigi's UP B seems tougher to pull off.

Top Bottom