• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET Prologue

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
EDIT: The official SWEET Prologue trailer has been added below!

Spart
ans/Wolverines Exhibit Entertaining Tourneys A.K.A. SWEET Prologue, is a premiere Melee tournament series in Michigan that is an Apex Qualifier Tournament this year. Hosted by MIOM | Juggleguy and the Michigan Smash community, the tournament boasts a $1000 dollar pot bonus courtesy of Twitch and Apex. If that isn't enough to get you excited, the winner of Melee Singles will get a free flight to Apex 2015 so there is a LOT on the line for those coming to compete.

However Melee Singles isn't the only exciting event of the day. Project M 3.5 will have a singles bracket and Doubles for Melee will be there as well. If you want to be able to watch some of the action check out the VGBC Stream which will be showing off Melee throughout the event.

The streaming schedule is as follows:

Stream Schedule (EST)

Saturday, January 3

11am Melee Singles Pools
4pm Melee Singles Top 96

Sunday, January 4
10am Melee Doubles Bracket
1pm Melee Singles Top 32
4pm Melee Singles Top 8​

There is going to be some serious competition at the event, so don't miss out on this chance to watch some high level Melee play!

SmashCapps has family up in Michigan that he really wishes he could go stay with and visit before going to the event, but watching the stream will have to do. Maybe you can help him fight off the loneliness by following him on twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
PROJECT M HYYYYYYYYYYYPE
Edit: no stram BibleThump

Oh well, I get to enjoy Melee.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I gotta ask what the heck is the point of the secondary VGBC stream, isn't situations like this with PM exactly what it was created for?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Surprised he's doing PM after BH4. Will it be streamed at all?
From what I saw of the stream schedule and talks in the thread here for the event, I do not think so.
PROJECT M HYYYYYYYYYYYPE
Edit: no stram BibleThump

Oh well, I get to enjoy Melee.
There's a typo in the stream schedule. Which day is PM, Saturday or Sunday?
I gotta ask what the heck is the point of the secondary VGBC stream, isn't situations like this with PM exactly what it was created for?
I went to another Apex qualifier (NWM Regional in WA state) and from what I've heard (including straight from the steamer), it seems that all the Apex qualifier tournies aren't allowing PM to be featured on stream. This is likely since it's only a going to be a side event at this year's Apex, as most of you prob know already. Blows, but no PM on stream is better than no PM at the event at all right?

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I went to another Apex qualifier (NWM Regional in WA state) and from what I've heard (including straight from the steamer), it seems that all the Apex qualifier tournies aren't allowing PM to be featured on stream. This is likely since it's only a going to be a side event at this year's Apex, as most of you prob know already. Blows, but no PM on stream is better than no PM at the event at all right?
Aye, aye!

Bazkip

Smash Master
PM isn't allowed on the main stream of Apex Qualifiers, but there's nothing stopping it from being on a secondary stream. That's why I'm questioning why VGBC isn't streaming on it's secondary channel. This shouldn't be happening.

Also there's no PM at Apex period.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Darn, I live in Ann Arbor and would have loved to go watch, but registration is closed. Wish I would have known about this sooner.

Top Bottom