• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sweet Little Tricksie

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been discovered but when you Dsmash your opponent than immediately footstool jump them, they trip and have what looks like a seizure on the ground. I know its not the most epic trick but it MAY have some sort of use and it looks funny as hell.

Enjoy.

.CMW.

Adapt

Smash Lord
before anyone goes to test it, I already tried restunning them after the footstool and they can get out of it too easily

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Sadly, we don't have needles or a laser to lock them after a footstool, otherwise this would be much more effective than other footstool combos.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
Well I was fiddling a little bit with this and I see a tiny bit of potential, in a situational form. I was playing a few rounds with my friend and I Dsmashed him, grabbed a piece of my armor lying on the ground, Footstooled,threw the armor at him, and finished it with a Dair. Now since Dair is trash either he didn't DI correctly during part of this "combo" or it has a use now, I'm still working on a few things. I wouldn't expect too much though.

.CMW.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It works off the edge too. They are stunned as they fall, so it would work for character with horrid vertical recovery who only have their ^B left.

Adapt

Smash Lord
It's better (and more fun) to down-B spike them if you manage to stun them off the edge.
or stage-spike if it's really close.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
It's better (and more fun) to down-B spike them if you manage to stun them off the edge.
or stage-spike if it's really close.
If you catch someone jump up the ledge at lower %, they will often be positioned too high for a stake-spiked b-air (especially if they DI up, which anyone with knowledge of the situation should) and too low to down-B spike (mostly b/c they are low % and won't pop high enough out of the dsmash to reach your foot out of the down-B).

This would be a perfect time to footstool someone; he has just wasted his jump trying to come up the ledge, only to get dsmashed, so if you footstool, land, and time the hug properly, that could kill him if he can't land his recovery on the stage.

I don't think this is something that you would be looking to pull off with any regularity, but it sounds like a good situational trick to keep in the back of your mind.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this is something that you would be looking to pull off with any regularity, but it sounds like a good situational trick to keep in the back of your mind.
I was actually dinking around with this when I was testing edgeguard methods a while back. I found it was even more consistent if you drop off the ledge, flipjump->flipstool them since it can be a pain to accurately footstool someone that's off the edge with a normal jump. This helps for characters like DK, Bowser, Ness, Lucas, Snake, etc. people that you want to force to come from below or that have bad vertical recovery.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I was actually dinking around with this when I was testing edgeguard methods a while back. I found it was even more consistent if you drop off the ledge, flipjump->flipstool them since it can be a pain to accurately footstool someone that's off the edge with a normal jump. This helps for characters like DK, Bowser, Ness, Lucas, Snake, etc. people that you want to force to come from below or that have bad vertical recovery.
Doesn't flipstooling send you higher, though? I imagine it would make it harder to punish those recoveries if you went too high.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't flipstooling send you higher, though? I imagine it would make it harder to punish those recoveries if you went too high.
a flipstool sends you about the same height as a normal foolstool, maybe even a little less.

Now that I think about it, it wouldn't make sense against DK or Bowser, since they're already such large targets for the flipspike. However, smaller characters can be a pain in the *** to flipspike, since there's a large range for DI out of the stun, and a small hurtbox to hit.

In general, this is only a marginally useful technique, since there are much much better options in general (such as F-Air or N-Air). However, maybe you'll catch someone off guard with it and they end up making a mistake in their recovery. Definitely not something to rely on or expect to work in any consistent fashion.

Top Bottom