• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWD in brawl/My goodbuy for samus.

Mars-

Smash Champion
So who will be trying to see if there is SWDing in brawl? I know I might try it for a while.

But anyway, as you probably read, I'm quitting samus. I really used to enjoy samus, but now I don't. I liked watching wes pull off all of these tricks and actually win, and for a while I was having no problem with that either. I still remember my first couple of smashfests, when everybody would be watching my matches, and I was known as the SWDing kid, because I could SWD like 80% of the time. It really made me feel good being this amazing samus player that everyone would ohhh and ahhh at. And not only that but I enjoyed the pride of being able to do stuff other people couldn't do.

But then every other new smasher in the chicago area started playing samus. They all play like Hugs, which I'm sure HugS won't deny this, but is an easier way to get good with samus. People slowly but surely started passing me up, and I wasn't looked at as any good anymore.

I was always amazed, and still am, at how Wes could SWD, beam cancel, and all that jazz, and still be playing well. People should give him more credit then he get because of this.

But anyway, I guess this is it. I like playing characters that can do fun and maybe usless tricks, and still be fighting at the same time. Samus fit that Nicely. But now it's either, drop the tricks, or never get anywhere. Because of this, I'm going to pick up a new trickster, which is link.

I will still be around trying to help people out, but I will be more focused on getting good with link. Now as I said, I will be trying to see if there is SWDing in brawl. If there is, I might switch back to samus on December 2nd. If not, well I guess you can figure it out.

Anyway, I would like the thank the helpful samus section, mostly people known as:
Wes (Hard as hell to talk to you on AIM when you answer back 5 minutes after I ask you a question)
HugS (Always there)
Watty (Ha, Always there as well)
Aftermath (Not around much more, but still was very helpful when he was)
Co_and_Me (I know, RIP)
Phanna (If he doesn't post in your thread, well thats bad)
Joker (lol, back when samus section was the SWD section)

and all the other helpful samus players that should know who they are. This list should be used to so people can know who to talk to for help.

Anyway, I'm done writing, see ya guys in brawl.

Hostility

Smash Ace
You're not going to be good if all you do is flashy tech stuff and little beam tricks. if you wanna play a good flashy technical character, play fox, but if the best samuses are playing slow and defensive like hugs are, that's a pretty good indication that that is how that character is supposed to be played.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I will be making an effort to find every Samus trick in the book in Brawl. I know there will be; they can't get rid of them all. Also, I'm sorry to see you go. I hope Link is able to satisfy your need for flash.

You're not going to be good if all you do is flashy tech stuff and little beam tricks. if you wanna play a good flashy technical character, play fox, but if the best samuses are playing slow and defensive like hugs are, that's a pretty good indication that that is how that character is supposed to be played.
Not necessarily. Samus isn't by nature campy, but like all characters, she does really well on the defensive. Wes proved, however, that it's possible to be good and be more aggressive and flashy. Honestly, I like seeing Sami that can have a patient flashiness, breaking out with bomb-canceled grapples that actually work more than 10% of the time.

It's hard, because flashiness is incredibly hard to be good at with Samus, and most players fail because they focus too much on the flash and not their opponent. They forget that the flash is a means to an end, not the end itself.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
<3 flashy players. I will be flashy till I die XD.

Joker

Smash Ace
OMG i was mentioned!
**Cries**
Funny thing is...you may think you wont play her if she doesnt have the SWD in Brawl.
But C'mon you know just as well as i do , you'll main her , she looks tooo nice to not play, and that Final Smash?....Lol
S4L
Im sure you know what that stands for :p
Even if shes nerfed horribly im still gonna main her , thats just the way we roll man ;)

rayecho

Smash Ace
my thought is that you should drop link for fox if your trying to get good at the game. fox is a much more flashy character than link and you can also win matches. picking up link will probably set you further back from your goal anyways.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
I will be making an effort to find every Samus trick in the book in Brawl. I know there will be; they can't get rid of them all. Also, I'm sorry to see you go. I hope Link is able to satisfy your need for flash.

Not necessarily. Samus isn't by nature campy, but like all characters, she does really well on the defensive. Wes proved, however, that it's possible to be good and be more aggressive and flashy. Honestly, I like seeing Sami that can have a patient flashiness, breaking out with bomb-canceled grapples that actually work more than 10% of the time.

It's hard, because flashiness is incredibly hard to be good at with Samus, and most players fail because they focus too much on the flash and not their opponent. They forget that the flash is a means to an end, not the end itself.

Well said. I hope that there will still be some tricks, even if there hard to pull off and you don't really profit, there just so much fun.

Mars-

Smash Champion
OMG i was mentioned!
**Cries**
Funny thing is...you may think you wont play her if she doesnt have the SWD in Brawl.
But C'mon you know just as well as i do , you'll main her , she looks tooo nice to not play, and that Final Smash?....Lol
S4L
Im sure you know what that stands for :p
Even if shes nerfed horribly im still gonna main her , thats just the way we roll man ;)
Sooner then you think, I changed my mind, I'm staying samus. Link just sucks.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
*turns flame shield on*
I do not think the SWD will be in Brawl because it is a glitch. I like SWDing, but I think that the developers will try to take it out because it is a flaw in the program of the game.
but, I could also be completely wrong.

Top Bottom