• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll believe it when I see it.
It just means that at the moment, no plans exist. It may or may not happen. There's nothing to honestly be skeptic about. With how many popular Pokemon there are, they probably want to assess who to add first anyway for DLC before making some. If it's not free DLC, and they choose unpopular choices, they lose money.

Doesn't ring any bells to what I know
Alright. Thanks, though. :)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So if we get 4 Pokken Pokemon, I hope it's 4 characters that actually surprise me.

There's 2 surprising Pokemon on this roster. Pika Libre and Chandelure. The rest are popular and common choices for a Pokemon crossover game.

Chrono.

It's Namco.

Their DLCs have DLC.

Pokken is probably getting updated along the way but they likely just want to wait for the game to come out.

Khoru

Smash Champion
So if we get 4 Pokken Pokemon, I hope it's 4 characters that actually surprise me.

There's 2 surprising Pokemon on this roster. Pika Libre and Chandelure. The rest are popular and common choices for a Pokemon crossover game.
yes braixen was a safe choice that many people made
the only mid-evo starter that has actual popularity is grovyle, and that's solely because of mystery dungeon

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Some of these alts don't work.
Daisy doesn't work as an alt of Peach because certain elements of Peach's moveset, such as Toad, the float, and Turnips, are very specifically things that belong to Peach and only Peach. Daisy also isn't in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Metal Sonic as a Sonic alt also wouldn't work. Whenever Metal Sonic is a skin for Sonic he still has some different animations. Wouldn't work in Smash.

Linkle hasn't even used a sword and shield yet...why is she an alt of Link here?

Not commenting on the character choices, since there's nothing really wrong with them...although I like the addition of a Fatal Frame rep, Miku would be the default, not Yuuri.

+ Ashley, Elma, Captain Toad, and Lloyd.
Well to be fair they could change up some animations, change the hearts to flowers and whatnot.

And I can see your point with Metal Sonic, I imagine that it'd be purely aesthetic however, with changes that don't effect gameplay.

I can imagine Linkle becoming a gender option in future Zelda titles, so I added her as an alt.

I feel like it's between the two in terms of the default outfit, I chose Yuuri however because she's from the most recent game.

I'd go with Ashely over Waluigi any day.
I noticed that Yuuri is with the first party characters. I'm pretty sure that Fatal Frame is still a third party IP and that Nintendo only co-owns Fatal Frame IV & V, the Fatal Frame II Wii port, and Spirit Camera (Fatal Frame I-III are on PSN without any involvement with Nintendo).
I believe it's still primarily a Nintendo franchise however if I'm not mistaken.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing about Linkle is she doesn't play like Link at this time. She could become an alt in the future when she hits a mainline Zelda title, but for now, she's a crossbow user and wouldn't make sense as a Link alt. His Crossbow would clearly use different animations from the regular bow. That's a lot more than what an alt normally gets.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
yes braixen was a safe choice that many people made
the only mid-evo starter that has actual popularity is grovyle, and that's solely because of mystery dungeon
This, I never would have guessed Braixen would have made it in. Maybe it was the anime, but even then no one really saw Braixen coming. Its a good thing Braixen was one of my favorite Pokemon before Pokken happened :chuckle:

Slurpuff icon.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
This is gonna be Wolf in Smash 4 all over again.

View attachment 97693
Not even close. DLC does have to end at some point. For something big like Pokemon, saying there is no plans for DLC....yeah.

Also, I'm jealous of people getting Fates today or tomorrow. Because my 3DS broke and I had to get a new one, I have to wait for a while before I can get it. Rawr.....I want it so badly.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm sure everyone saw Shadow Mewtwo coming...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This, I never would have guessed Braixen would have made it in. Maybe it was the anime, but even then no one really saw Braixen coming. Its a good thing Braixen was one of my favorite Pokemon before Pokken happened :chuckle:

View attachment 97694
It was likely anime-based. Braixen doesn't lack popularity either. I can't honestly think of any odd choice besides Pikachu Libre at best, and she did not go over all too well with people.

Shadow Mewtwo could count too, being he was made up for this game. Everybody else are fairly easy to see or are rather popular.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ah, Reshiram and Yveltal were made into Assists, that's pretty cool (though RIP Yveltal, you were one of my choices to be playable). Hopefully they're very useful because I'd like to work them into my style.

Also, if that's the final roster, I'm OK with it, though I will admit that the lack of certain Pokémon like Greninja surprises me (especially since he's been almost everywhere after Ash-Greninja was revealed).

Fates Spoilers
I find it funny that people are comparing the Nohr siblings with step-siblings
When the Hoshido siblings are literally that(Corrin's mother married Sumeragi, the father of the Hoshido siblings)
This makes the whole point of the choice pointless
Because who would you choose?
Your adoptive family you grew up with or a new adoptive family?
That's one of the reasons why I'm very disappointed in how fanservice was handled in Fates, they sacrificed an important thematic in the game so that you can make waifu/husbandos of your siblings. What makes it even worse is that if you don't get the S support, you won't learn the truth in the story in either Birthright or Conquest (not sure on Revelations, though I've heard it doesn't come up there either), so it's basically a thrown in line to justify adding eight more characters to marry rather then an important plot point for the characters and story to grow from.

Also, do we have footage of Braixen, Mewtwo and Garchomp's super moves? We haven't seen those yet
Here you go:

Chrono.

Meanwhile everyone and their moms are guessing Greninja and Jigglypuff or that all Smash Pokemon are getting in just because.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Not even close. DLC does have to end at some point. For something big like Pokemon, saying there is no plans for DLC....yeah.

Also, I'm jealous of people getting Fates today or tomorrow. Because my 3DS broke and I had to get a new one, I have to wait for a while before I can get it. Rawr.....I want it so badly.
Should have added more sarcasm into my post, but yes I realize that the two situations are unalike :p

It was likely anime-based. Braixen doesn't lack popularity either. I can't honestly think of any odd choice besides Pikachu Libre at best, and she did not go over all too well with people.

Shadow Mewtwo could count too, being he was made up for this game. Everybody else are fairly easy to see or are rather popular.
I saw complaints about Braixen when Pokemon X/Y came out (Mostly due to the legs) but aside from that, I dont remember much talk about Braixen at all.

Slurpuff icon.png

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I saw complaints about Braixen when Pokemon X/Y came out (Mostly due to the legs) but aside from that, I dont remember much talk about Braixen at all.

View attachment 97695
I kept hearing it was one of the more popular Middle Evolutions. Eh. Anyway, regardless, Chandelure is still one of the most popular, so him being in shouldn't be really surprising at all.

D

Deleted member

the attack helicopter joke isn't rooted in transphobia

also the holocaust wasn't rooted in antisemitism
Now that's edgy. Also, good ol' godwin's law at it's finest.

Oh my gosh.

Street Fighter V is so fun to play.

Guys, I'm gushing. I haven't gushed about a game in ages.

It's just THAT fun. Especially with friends.
I actually agree. I mean, all I'm doing is just waiting for the other content to be released. Because I got to play the demo, and I did have a ton of fun. Even though it was the first time in years I had no idea what I was doing in a fighter because I didn't know the super combinations and I suck with arcade sticks. :p

Neh, late replies on my part.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Meanwhile everyone and their moms are guessing Greninja and Jigglypuff or that all Smash Pokemon are getting in just because.
i mean it will be pretty weird if (when) greninja doesn't get in
then again it's also weird that extremely few fighting types of the sort you'd see in tekken are in the game
where's ursaring
Now that's edgy. Also, good ol' godwin's law at it's finest.
i'm sorry, are you actually calling a *chan joke not edgy
l
m
a
o

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it helps, when I think for family, I think for my real mother who just sacrificed herself to save my life from assassins, if that helps a bit. Cause really, there's nothing wrong about not doing it for your "siblings", but for your mother who died to save you, so in a way, if you're doing it for your mother's sacrifice, you're still technically choosing your family.
More spoilers for Fates
Then you find out the assassin was your step-dad who everyone thought to be dead and King of Hoshido
So, while it was a sad and heartwarming scene, Nohr has boobs and no Dad Assassins

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well I tried adding back Lucina and DP... But when I did the roster layout didn't look so good... :/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
i'm sorry, are you actually calling a *chan joke not edgy
l
m
a
o
Megalon never denied that.

Just that your response was also edgey.

Like 4chan is Shadow and you're Dark Pit.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't have the link but they said they have no plans for DLC
Pretty sure someone here can find it

Yep
You cut her for the sake of it

The game was programmed with DLC in mind
The easily expandable CSS proves that
Also, Sakurai said that in 2013, way before they started Mewtwo development
Fair point but we also know from Gematsu that DLC had been planned way before they said it was. They may not have thought of who to do, but they planned it.

Namco always has DLC in mind, and if pokken is perceived well, then you know Nintendo is going to push it for all it's worth.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
now you're just coming off as saying that that meme isn't made out of a place of prejudice which is ****ing hilarious
i'll just go
y'all can keep your south park libertarianism
I didn't comment on the damn meme.

So, back off honestly. If you have a point to make, this kind of stuff only makes people ignore your point.

Just be calm about it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is not a deconfirmation, they simply "have no plans" because they want to release the game first.

Sakurai LITERALLY said the EXACT same thing at one point regarding Smash.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-we-have-no-smash-bros-premium-dlc-plans-b/1100-6423752/

"Mewtwo will be made available to purchase as add-on content in the future, and is also available as part of the Super Smash Bros. Club Nintendo promotion, which offers consumers different ways to obtain this content. There are no other plans regarding paid add-on content at this stage."
Developers say this all of the time because they don't want to come across as Capcom 2.0 with rushing into and forcing DLC. Also to make it more surprising if they do decide to make DLC.

"No plans right now" =/= "I will never start planning". People really need to remember this.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
now you're just coming off as saying that that meme isn't made out of a place of prejudice which is ****ing hilarious
i'll just go
y'all can keep your south park libertarianism
No one is saying it isn't prejudiced. It is.

We're saying that comparing it to something which is commonly used by people when they have no other arguments is degrading your own argument.

All I'm asking is that you consider finding an argument that hasn't been abused to the point that it no longer holds water. Point out actual examples of oppression to show that your offense isn't unfounded. Explain why it's oppression so the poorly educated can learn why they shouldn't say things like that. But don't deflect onto an unrelated tragedy. Especially not this one.

Ivander

Smash Legend
More spoilers for Fates
Then you find out the assassin was your step-dad who everyone thought to be dead and King of Hoshido
So, while it was a sad and heartwarming scene, Nohr has boobs and no Dad Assassins
0_- Your Nohr Dad tries to kill you at every opportunity. Heck, the first thing he does after you come back is give you a test that he expects you to not come back from. Are boobs really worth trying to survive everyday from your own allies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom