• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd probably say Isaac over K. Rool first. That's bias, though. I'm a big Golden Sun fan. Both are great choices. Andy would be last, but is easily viable for unique abilities. They all are cool, though.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Here I am still waiting for a Metroid and Zelda character to be Smashified...even just for an art render I can't catch a break...

I literally keep feeding Ridley to Smashified with almost every hint they drop

'Character wears boots!'

'I am now picturing Ridley wearing boots....wink wink'

Codename 'Odyssey' seems promising though...
My favorite "Smashified!"'s probably
Can't wait to see more of them, though.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Big Boss (I C wut u did thar) best gen 5 starter
:181:-one of my favourite electric types (but not Galvantula but I'll let it slide)
:059:-Who doesn't like Arcanine?
Scrafty-pretty cool, one of the better fighting types in Gen 5 (doesn't say much but still)
Flygon-love Flygon (but is not Haxorus)
:055:-....sure
Hey, Golduck gets access to so many Psychic moves despite not being a Psychic type which pisses me off still.

It helps out the type advantage and Scrafty is incredible

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So apparently, Star Fox Zero had the worst sales debut of any Star Fox game in Japan. And honestly, even considering the low sales of the Wii U in general, it's still low, considering Adventures and Assault still dwarf it despite the GameCube not selling too well either.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
K. Rool > Isaac > Andy

K. Rool is still one of my most wanted. Not that I was ever against Isaac (who I'm also interested in) or Andy (though I haven't played any of the Advance Wars games yet) by any means.
You should give AW a shot or just watch youtube gameplay of the game and see if it's right for you. If you're in to FE it has a similar interface to that game but AW has a much different gameplay system with planning how to outdo your opponent with a variety of different units.

IDK why but there's some people who play Advance Wars and then Fire Emblem seem to transition well like myself yet some people who play Fire Emblem then Advance Wars are culture shocked for some reason. That's not indicative of everyone but I see that with some people.
So apparently, Star Fox Zero had the worst sales debut of any Star Fox game in Japan. And honestly, even considering the low sales of the Wii U in general, it's still low, considering Adventures and Assault still dwarf it despite the GameCube not selling too well either.
Ouch! That's not good news for Star Fox fans as well as the future of Star Fox. Would be a shame if the series went dark again after being dead for the decade before it was revived. Who knows if this could effect Wolf's chances of coming back to Smash Bros as well.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Quick question guys. If you can choose 1 out of the 3 characters from my sig to become playable in the next Smash Bros who would it be?
Isaac.

Don't know the first thing about Golden Sun, but he strikes me as the most interesting moveset wise, since he uses magic and stuff.

I also feel K. Rool has a generic and unappealing design personally. Andy's isn't unappealing, but still generic. Of the three, Isaac stands out the most at first glance (even if he has blonde spiky hair).

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hey, Golduck gets access to so many Psychic moves despite not being a Psychic type which pisses me off still.

It helps out the type advantage and Scrafty is incredible
I guess...I'm usually pretty indecisive when it comes to water types...because there's so many

In Gen 5 I usually go for Jellicent because a water/ghost type is pretty awesome despite it being Gen 5's version of Tentacreul...

Quick question guys. If you can choose 1 out of the 3 characters from my sig to become playable in the next Smash Bros who would it be?
Honestly, I don't really care for either of them, but Isaac would probably be the most appealing based on his abilities...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
K. Rool by far.

Over all:
K. Rool>Isaac>Andy

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Isaac.

Don't know the first thing about Golden Sun, but he strikes me as the most interesting moveset wise, since he uses magic and stuff.

I also feel K. Rool has a generic and unappealing design personally. Andy's isn't unappealing, but still generic. Of the three, Isaac stands out the most at first glance (even if he has blonde spiky hair).
Yeah. It's almost like Golden Sun was made with Smash Bros in mind with all the abilities that can be used in the game. I had an idea where Isaac would use a Dijin system in his moveset being able to switch between Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water attacks for his specials and whatnot.

Andy has a lot of moveset potential he can draw from AW. I had an idea where he would establish a base during gameplay and then he would be able to summon Tanks, Artillery, and Rockets in addition to Infantry/Mech units. I feel that Andy being included in Smash Bros would make him sort of like :4falcon:in a sense that he's remembered more so for his Smash Bros appearance than he is his Advance Wars appearance and that Sakurai could take creative liberties with his moveset just like he did with Falcon.

K. Rool it's safe to say that virtually everyone wants. Out of the 3 characters he has the best chance of becoming playable.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, damn. Hopefully this doesn't deter Nintendo from still continuing making games for the franchise.

It's been dormant for a very long time, it really shouldn't be going dormant again already.

King K. Rool by a longshot.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I still pray for a Castlevania miracle. I like being disappointed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm disappointed he didn't like it, but other than the controls, I actually agree with him.

I'm in this weird minority group with this game. For a lot of people, the nostalgic elements and presentation are what keep people invested, but the controls kill the experience. I'm the opposite. I think the controls are sublime and I love playing the game for a quick, arcade-y experience, but I'm so disappointed in how the lore and characters are reset to "zero" and the game feels so uninspired in everything but the controls and maybe the soundtrack. And how it just lacks content.

K. Rool it's safe to say that virtually everyone wants. Out of the 3 characters he has the best chance of becoming playable.
I wouldn't go that far, and I don't particularly want him myself, but I won't throw a tantrum if he gets in or anything.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
K.Rool all the way. He is my most wanted after all (Isaac is a pretty good choice too thought).

Burruni

Smash Hero
Consdiering that Japan normally contributes up to about a tenth of the sales of any SF game, it may still be a "success" but by no means a boon.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still pray for a Castlevania miracle. I like being disappointed.
If only Konami stopped being Konami. We would most likely have Snake in as well as maybe another Konami series like Castlevania as you mentioned.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My loyalty belongs to the one and only king.

King K. Rool for life momma cluckers!

Burruni

Smash Hero
If only Konami stopped being Konami. We would most likely have Snake in as well as maybe another Konami series like Castlevania as you mentioned.
Just to note.
Kojima went on record to say he and Konami were never approached for Snake in Smash 4.
And considering Sakurai had a "tenative" version of the roster finalized before the game started, we're looking at the choice made in 2012 or 2013.
Konami still had some merit then.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why Can't I choose all 3?

Isaac has pretty neat potential as a mage esque character. Plus GS should get some more smash love.

Andy or any advance Wars rep would be sweet. I still like infantry as a unexpected rep for the franchise, but Andy could still be awesome as well.

K rool is just a great addition and adds much needed love to K rool.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
so when is nintenzone social 4:The goblat of Swamp coming?yes i made a harry potter reference just so i wouldnt have another marvel themed post

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
so when is nintenzone social 4:The goblat of Swamp coming?yes i made a harry potter reference just so i wouldnt have another marvel themed post
We should have this thread titled after other members as well now and then. Makes for funnier thread titles.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I never got my 'A Link to the Swamp'....so step in line...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm disappointed he didn't like it, but other than the controls, I actually agree with him.

I'm in this weird minority group with this game. For a lot of people, the nostalgic elements and presentation are what keep people invested, but the controls kill the experience. I'm the opposite. I think the controls are sublime and I love playing the game for a quick, arcade-y experience, but I'm so disappointed in how the lore and characters are reset to "zero" and the game feels so uninspired in everything but the controls and maybe the soundtrack. And how it just lacks content.
All I can say is screw that review.

Anyway, my only real complaint about Star Fox Zero is that it only has 20 stages, and you really don't get to use the Gyrowing (only used at Area 3 and Zoness) and Landmaster (only used at Titania and Fichina) much.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pineapple tastes odd to me. Although I like coconuts.

Say, did you drink coconut water directly from the coconut or was it packaged?

:231:
Packaged. It had all natural ingredients though. Maybe I hate stevia? I dunno if that's it. I actually am already not that big on coconut but always assumed it was just the texture, which the water lacks

I usually like pineapples. Especially in Hawaii where they were the best pineapples I've ever had

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Got rekt in the Disco Central, feels bad man.

At least I didn't get pranked.
Oh, that reminds me...

Is it a good idea to upgrade to premium? I mean, I was thinking about it before, but I'm not sure if I should or not... Plus I don't really know how PayPal works too well...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I decided to get FE Fates (Conquest), better late than never.
I was eyeing SF Zero and TP HD, but my consoles are all in storage...
Nothing better than playing through a good few chapters and then getting a "buy the rest of this alternate story path!"

Stopped there and started a new game to go down the "proper" route, the game is kinda alright so far.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, that reminds me...

Is it a good idea to upgrade to premium? I mean, I was thinking about it before, but I'm not sure if I should or not... Plus I don't really know how PayPal works too well...
Unless you want the ability to change your name freely and have more space for your signature, I would go for it. And your own name gets to be blue like the rest of us.

Though I can't blame you if navigating PayPal is difficult. I had trouble the first time I used it only to get better for future eBay purchases.

Last edited:
FF8's field theme sounds so weird when you here the original version compared to PC. Such a drastic change >_>
Unless you want the ability to change your name freely and have more space for your signature, I would go for it. And your own name gets to be blue like the rest of us.

Though I can't blame you if navigating PayPal is difficult. I had trouble the first time I used it only to get better for future eBay purchases.
All those things and I don't care for one of them. . .

But damn do I care about changing your title. That was the best part about being gifted premium that my title could fit my avi.

EX I would absolutely have "Lion Heart" or "Force your way" right now. At least I made sure to make my title something that fits everything before switching. :laugh:

Personally I just don't like spending money for something that is pretty much free otherwise. Money doesn't just appear out of thin air!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
King's Quest theory time!

At the end of "King's Quest" Chapter 3, the princess you don't marry ends up partially frozen from an ice spell

Icebella.jpg

Does that remind anyone of anything from a previous king's quest game?

Top Tier King's Quest theory!

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

Well... the main problem is I'm not 18 or over... and the whole social security number stuff... Bah, I dunno, I'll figure something out. Does PayPal happen to have gift cards for it or something? I'm just trying to figure out a workaround. I COULD always wait until I AM 18, but I dunno... As long as I don't do anything illegal, you know?

Last edited:
I change usernames as much as I change underwear, so premium is a good deal for me.
. . .You last changed your username months ago. Please don't wait that long before changing your underwear again. >_>

(Also hi, what's up?)

At the end of "King's Quest" Chapter 3, *REDACTED*
[/spoiler]

Top Tier King's Quest theory!
Spoilers >_>

Good thing I JUST beat episode 3 about 3 hours ago.

Chose Vee :p

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well... the main problem is I'm not 18 or over... and the whole social security number stuff... Bah, I dunno, I'll figure something out. Does PayPal happen to have gift cards for it or something? I'm just trying to figure out a workaround.
Not that I know of, just the ability to purchase gift cards for most stores and retailers. I doubt that's going to work for buying Premium from Smashboards.

Your best bet is probably having someone give you a premium account, preferably as a prank. I'm too tight to really prank someone other than my doll with a Freemium account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom