• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's actually happening, holy crap.

I have literally nothing else to say other than that... I have expectations but I don't want to harp on them.

so we can imedieatly discount the rumor to quote nintendo
"no nx or moblie news"
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-12-2015/
Good. As much as I'd love to hear more about those things, I want to know what to expect on the platforms I OWN. Well I own a mobile phone but you get what I mean.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Now we wait for people to overhype the direct, be disappointed with it and complain about it.
Still it's about damn time.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay, I'm not gonna be stupid this time. I won't bet against a character reveal... but 6 characters? Really? Cone on. I will take that bet. There is no way in hell 6 chars will be revealed and 3 will be available. Guarantee.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This might be a bad time to post the next episode of SourceCast...but it's here!

We will be joined by Ash Paulsen of GameXplain to discuss the upcoming Nintendo Direct in the next episode of SourceCast. Be sure to send us those questions before the 14th!

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Okay, I'm not gonna be stupid this time. I won't bet against a character reveal... but 6 characters? Really? Cone on. I will take that bet. There is no way in hell 6 chars will be revealed and 3 will be available. Guarantee.
you wont lose this bet(they said that moblie mii thing would be discuassed and as said earlier no moblie or nx news)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
More Mega ideas, but Gen II this time
Ledian
All spots become stars, some stars added extra and Ledian gets the star-shaped shades from Gurren Lagann, Ledian's wings also detach and become swords and shields
Huge Power, becomes Bug/Fighting
Crobat
Wings grow larger, with a sharper look, fangs are much larger and sharper, another ear is added in between it's ears and it's legs become sharp hooks
Vampiric Drain: contact moves sap a small amount of health, becomes Poison/Dark
Jumpluff
Becomes a snowflake shape, but with cotton balls, extra cotton balls are hiding Jumpluff's face, though it's feet are still visible
Fur Coat, remains Grass/Flying
Quagsire
Becomes fat, a bit more dopey, and has very muscular arms as irony
Unaware, remains Water Ground
Octillery
becomes a turret machine gun, with lots of cannons on every suction cup
Energy Source: Occasionally raises a random attack stat, becomes Water/Steel
Skarmory
Armour resembles that of a knight but very spiky, face hidden, extra claws and extra set of wings
Iron Barbs remains Steel/Flying
Donphan
Gains a lot of steel plating as armout, trunk is longer and resembles a mace, tusks become metallic and spiky
Intimidate, becomes Ground/Steel
Blissey
Gains a red cross on the egg, thinner, wings become a shield, longer hair and gains a spear with an egg on it
Guard Stance: higher accuracy moves do less damage, becomes Normal/Fairy
Thoughts?
@Swampasaur u likey?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
6 characters is likely.

But 3 available right away? No way!

D

Deleted member

NINTENDO DIRECTO? IM NOT INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO FIND OUT WHEN IT STARTS. SOMEONE TELL ME PLS

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This might be a bad time to post the next episode of SourceCast...but it's here!

We will be joined by Ash Paulsen of GameXplain to discuss the upcoming Nintendo Direct in the next episode of SourceCast. Be sure to send us those questions before the 14th!
GameXplain discussing with you?

This could lead to a major SG advertisement on GameXplain's end, which could be pretty awesome.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I want to proclaim my excitement about a Nintendo Direct being announced, but can't think of a new and interesting way to do so, so... Yay!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

You guys are moving on up in the world.
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU. *sniff*

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I bet there won't be a character reveal... Anyone want to take me on again? ;)
I'll take you on - but to make things interesting, I'm going to take the most extreme opposite stance I can:

For the purposes of this bet (not necessarily what I believe), I'll wager that the 4chan leak is correct - 6 characters revealed, 3 available after the direct. I'm going all in.

I'll wager you a Super Mario Maker level - the winner creates the most frustrating level they can for the loser, and the loser must upload a video to their Youtube channel (since we both have one) of suffering through it to completion.

If we're both wrong (and that's what I'm counting on with my outrageous bet), we both create frustrating levels for each other.

For the record, here's my actual gut feeling on character reveals: 3 shown, 2 available after direct, the third will be available December or January. They hint that this is not the end but don't give a firm cap.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really hope this Nintendo Direct is filled to the brim with news.

And I'm looking forward to Kimishima hosting. Hopefully, he's not as grumpy as his pictures make him appear. :p

And the direct is at 3:30 AM on 13th Nov, my time. Well, I'm willing to stay up. :reverse:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wanna know something funny
When I was a wee lad, one day I woke up and I had a Gi that looked exactly like :4ryu:'s
I legit had no idea how it got there, Mom and Faith had no idea either
So I got gifted by a Hobo way back when
Cool :4ryu:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
GameXplain discussing with you?

This could lead to a major SG advertisement on GameXplain's end, which could be pretty awesome.
We've been talking for awhile :). We are both big fans of each other and are very excited to work together (probably more so me than Ash!)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm catching up (on Saturday, expect more likes) but i had to comment- DIRECT HYYYYYPE

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Wow, I'm glad SourceGaming has become so much of a big name. :)

:231:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And of course when I go to sleep a Direct is announced.

Also Ash from GameXplain is a guest for the podcast? Cool, can't wait to see it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really hope this Nintendo Direct is filled to the brim with news.

And I'm looking forward to Kimishima hosting. Hopefully, he's not as grumpy as his pictures make him appear. :p

And the direct is at 3:30 AM on 13th Nov, my time. Well, I'm willing to stay up. :reverse:
I was under the impression the NoE president is hosting in Japan too?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
There's always at least one person confused about time zones on here haha. Just look it up on google. If you don't know what time zone you're in, type in "What time zone am I in?". Once you do that, find out what time the thing you're asking about is. "2PM PST". Look up "PST to (your time zone, aka est, gmt" and it will tell you how many hours ahead you are. So you add that to the time. Not that hard :)

SonicMario

Smash Master
so my nonexistant money is on us getting no new reveals
No new reveals is vague. The only new thing added to Smash could be one measly Mii costume but it'd still technically be a reveal :p

I'm at least expecting to get one character announced though. Even if course we may have to wait a little bit for the character to be complete like we had to do with Mewtwo

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Here I am working on that Mega challenge and suddenly a direct appeared.

Finally.

Anyway, @Swampasaur, here's Mega Xatu. Type: Psychic/Ghost

As Xatu is described as the Spirit/Mystic Pokemon, and psychics in media are often depicted as speaking to the dead, rather than twisting spoons, I made Xatu's mega form go too far into the spirit realm. It became possessed by some unknown Ghost type Pokemon, overriding it's original Flying type. That's all I've got since I don't know much about stats or anything.
I was a bit lazy with the design...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Even if we don't get a character reveal

Prepare for another update coming with Mii Costumes and more stages

#BringBackPokemonStadium
#BringBackBigBlue

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Even if we don't get a character reveal

Prepare for another update coming with Mii Costumes and more stages

#BringBackPokemonStadium
#BringBackBigBlue
Stadium?
Big Blue?
**** THAT ****
I WANT ME SOME POKEFLOATS
actually I want Yoshi's Story 64
but y'know

Staarih

Smash Master
Direct HYPE! Man, finally! Looks like it at midnight for me so waking up for work in the morning will be tough but I shall survive. The wait during these couple of days will be difficult!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom