• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U [SURVEY] Pre-nerf Diddy and Shiek

GALE01

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm conducting a survey on pre-nerf Diddy and Shiek. I would like to test a hypothesis of mine and I would appreciate it if you would reply to these two questions with either a yes or a no.

#1: Did you enjoy watching/playing matches consisting of either of these two characters playing eachother (and ONLY eachother)? For example Diddy vs. Diddy or Diddy vs. Shiek.

#2: Do you have any history in Melee, or watch any competitive Melee either on stream or in tournaments?

Thank you for your time! :)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Okay, first of all, I can tell from the start that this survey is biased. People who play Melee by definition prefer a tiny character pool, so nine times out of ten, OF COURSE they're going to say yes to #1 if they've said yes to #2.

And nobody's going to say no to #2 because it being there in the first place strongly implies that only Melee players' answers will be taken seriously. Non-Melee players are being silently pressured to stay quiet or else face ridicule and harassment.

A lot of us prefer Smash 4 largely because of the bigger character variety, especially now that Diddy and Sheik's toxic edges have been dulled. For me personally, that's not the only reason I prefer 4, but it is definitely among them.

By the way... I DID used to follow competitive Melee despite its flaws – mostly in the pre-PM Brawl days when it actually was the better game – but I gladly tossed it aside as better alternatives became available.

So:
1: No.
2: Yes, so I am, in fact, qualified to answer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom