• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support for New Players (such as myself)

Mossmin

Smash Rookie
I'm primarily making this thread for people to post advice on it. I really want to get skilled at this game but I would like to hear as many tips and tricks as possible. One of my biggest current problems is tap jumping often.
Btw main is Falco.

RavishingRobin

Smash Rookie
Just practice every day. go to all the tournaments you can. Keep trying even if you lose all your match's just keep trying you well improve. download the emulator so you can play people online.

joshin9009

Smash Cadet
Honestly its practice, muscle memory and going to tourneys what I would do is dont go to tourneys looking to win go to them as a learning experience and try to play players that are better than you can you pick up stuff from them

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Practice, practice, practice.
Also if you're trying to get out of tap jumping, play pm and toggle tap jump. 20xx might have a toggleable tap jump as well, but don't quote me on that.

Mossmin

Smash Rookie
Practice, practice, practice.
Also if you're trying to get out of tap jumping, play pm and toggle tap jump. 20xx might have a toggleable tap jump as well, but don't quote me on that.
Well a difficulty I have is that I play on GameCube, first of all and I only have 20XXTE, and I don't own brawl for PM.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
The only true tip I can give you is if you want to really get seriously into smash. Whenever you have free time or do something you can multitask, plug in your controller and practice your movement around the legal stages. The more you are comfortable with your movement the best you will be able to use your options in a match. Also don't always practice the same movement, do some mixups lmao. In order for your character to be viable, you have to be really technical, as many Falco players hit a plateau where they can't move well in pressure, start to spaghetti and use its broken options and get punished for it.

Of course, go to tournaments, and the rest is up to you :083:

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Well a difficulty I have is that I play on GameCube, first of all and I only have 20XXTE, and I don't own brawl for PM.
If you have 20xxte, you have the replay feature available to you, which is perfect. Use it to analyze your matches. Also, try and be actively conscious of tap jumping while playing. Soon, it'll be second nature to use x or y instead of the control stick.

Tor2guh-

Smash Rookie
There's a lot of great answers here man. What I did was chose battle field and fought against a lv1 Fox as practiced movement. Then movement with moves. Then movements with moves that followed up with those other moves. Then I learned what a laser was and how to use it(still trying to learn how to use it properly). Then you can get real creative. Like shinning off the stage then jumping back on(my favorite steez move). You can do it man. are you in the San Diego area?

Mossmin

Smash Rookie
There's a lot of great answers here man. What I did was chose battle field and fought against a lv1 Fox as practiced movement. Then movement with moves. Then movements with moves that followed up with those other moves. Then I learned what a laser was and how to use it(still trying to learn how to use it properly). Then you can get real creative. Like shinning off the stage then jumping back on(my favorite steez move). You can do it man. are you in the San Diego area?
Thanks for the reply! But no. I'm near Lexington, KY. I don't got the best options.

Top Bottom