• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support a Smasher's Cancer Relief Funds! #HelpKeros

Angel "Keros" Ochoa, respected martial artist and active member of the Smash Bros community, has recently started a "Go Fund Me" campaign so people can contribute towards helping pay for his testicular cancer treatment. On his page, he writes as follows:

"My diagnoses was confirmed in May, and I had an orchiectomy done in June. In early July I started chemo, but that is postponed currently until I conclude my radiation therapy. After radiation, I have to resume my chemo regiment which is planned to end just before the year is over.

My current health conditition is as follows: I have testicular cancer, and had two tumors removed associated with it. The cancer has metastasized through my lymph nodes to my lungs and head. I have minor bleeding in my respiratory tract, and currently losing partial vision in my left eye.

My current state leaves me unable to work to support my expenses. My family is supporting me, but the strain will be overbearing after too long. Any help I get will contribute to what little I have left in order to finish my treatments and eventually to get back on my two feet again."

Top-level Smash 4 player ESAM made a video promoting the campaign earlier today, which can be found here:

Once again, if anyone wishes to donate to his GoFundMe, you can click here to go to the page. For additional news regarding the campaign and Keros' health, you can follow him on Twitter.

Those who have found themselves in a situation similar to the one Keros and his family are undergoing right now no doubt understand how harsh and complicated it can be to deal with. But when people work together, look after one another and lend each other support, there is almost no challenge that can’t be overcome. And that’s what the Smash community is, and that’s what it’s proven time and time again over the years. Let’s make sure we remember that. Make it a part of who we are.

Last edited:
Eidolon

Comments

I may not be in the competitive scene, and I might not have any funds to provide, but I hope Keros gets better soon... because I know that would make SOME people happy, and I like when others are happy.

God, that must be an incredibly painful experience to get through. I wish I could provide some money, but I can't at the moment. Still, my heart goes out to Keros, his family, his friends, and anyone else that likes this man.

Seriously, **** cancer. No one deserves a disease such as this. My thoughts go out to you Keros. I hope everything you and your family are ok.

La politesse du forum ne va pas l'aidé à guérir.
Mais dans une communauté chacun peut apporter sa pierre à l'édifice.
Peu d'entre nous peuvent lui faire un don.
En revanche nous pouvons commencé des LivesStream pour la Charité:

1- linker sa page de Don dans un LiveStream des "Top PLAYER" de SmashBoards.

2- ce serait un Live Stream sur les jeux Smash en Online ou Compétition Légale qui demanderais aux public ou "Viewer" de faire un Don directement sur ça page. Donc envoyer le Lien dans un Live Stream.

3- le Live Stream doit être poster par 1 ou plusieurs membres qui sont déjà très populaire sur leur Chaine: Twitch, Steam, YouTube, Dailymotion... etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Je veux vraiment et réellement que la Communauté de SmashBoards commence à mettre en place ce système de LiveStream pour récupérer des Dons que ce soit pour une personne (dans ce type de cas) et / ou soit pour des Vraies Associations (connues ou méconnues).

Faites le au moins pour ceux qui ont besoins d'aide et qui demande de l'aide.
[par experience personnel je sais que l'on ne peut pas aidé quelqu'un qui ne demande pas d'aide].
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
possible bad translate
https://translate.google.com/

Politeness the forum is not going to help to heal.But in a community everyone can make a contribution to the building.Few of us can make a donation.However we started LivesStream for Charity:

1- linker his donation page in LiveStream of "Top PLAYER" to Smashboards.

2- would be a Live Stream on Smash games or Online Competition Legal who ask the public or "Viewer" to make a donation directly to that page. So send the link to a live stream.

3 Live Stream must be post by one or more members who are already very popular on their network: Twitch, Steam, YouTube, Dailymotion etc. ...
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
I really want and really that Smashboards Community begins to implement this LiveStream system to retrieve Dons whether for one person (in such cases) and / or for either Real Associations (known or unknown).

Make it at least for those who needs help and asks for help.[By personal experience I know that we can not help someone who does not ask for help].

Oh my God... This is horrible to hear... How old is he?

I just lost my mother a week ago to cancer and I know how horrible going through this is... I really hope he gets better. Sadly, I can't help because I'm from Venezuela... If there was anything I could do to help, I would :(

Keros has donated so much money on Nairo's streams (and I'm assuming ESAM too). As much as he gives, it would be a shame for him to not receive the amount he needs. Donate if you can.

Top Bottom