• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Supplementary FAQ/Walkthrough

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Supplementary FAQ / Walkthrough

This is my first post so lets make it count! I'm mainly just going to use this post to talk about some things that arent mentioned in the other FAQs. That means I'm not going to talk about the range of f - tilt or the uses of spring spiking. Just concentrating on a few extra things.

Ok first of all, regarding throws,

F Throw: This actually chains well into an f-tilt at lower percentages, so make sure you throw it in once in a while to rack up damage.

Whenever you are near an edge, dependant on which way you are facing, use the down throw or the back throw. Sonic excels at gimping and these throws both set you up at good angles for a run off aerial.

Use U-Throw for damage with U - air and next to nothing else, because the U - Air off the screen kill won't work on anyone not unskilled.

Aerials:

First of all, because it's not stressed enough in the other guides, F - Air is a beast. Can chain into itself, comes out fast, does decent damage and can actually work well as a gimp. Use it often, it's my favourite sonic move.

Also, because it's never mentioned, N Air is not a bad aerial to throw in once every now and then. Limited knockback sure but it comes out quick and has very little lag. Also can be used to gimp in the same way as CF's weak knee.

U-Air and D-Air are pretty much already covered.

Tilts:

Use U-Tilt when you get chance, purely for the fact it does INSANE damage for a tilt (14%). It's difficult to put in but sure, but it's worth it for the damage.

D-Tilt also isn't given it's due in credit. It's not a bad poker, it moves forward with each attack allowing for knockback and at low percentages can chain into itself a few times. Use it occasionaly, if only for unpredictability.

F - Tilt is well known for its uses.

Specials:

B-Up is a crazy good move. Gimping recovery and cancelling D-Airs, it has it all. But you already know that. You may not know that you can cancel a B-Down immediately into a B-Up, hitting with both the spring and the spin. Just something not well known.

For the spins (B-Side and B-Down) I believe there is one heck of a lot of potential, I've done something like four hits using a spin and I have no idea how yet. So people need to keep experimenting with these!

But honestly, use the B-Down instead of the B-Side for nearly everything except recovery, it just chains better into all aerials. The only time you should use the B-Side instead is when you want the hop for unpredictability or for its invincibilty frames (until the apex by the way).

Homing attack is pretty much covered for now, but that is another move with great potential.

Well that's about it for me at the moment. I will be updating so stay posted. Don't say I've been missing out stuff as before, this is just to supplement the others.

The main massive suggestion I can give with Sonic and that every other person has given is to be unpredictable. I know you're thinking, yeah yeah heard it before, but it is ESSENTIAL. Dont do too many running dashes, come in with the odd down of forward tilt, bring in the F - Smash or B - Air occasionally not just for killing because they are unexpected at lower percentages and deal decent damage.

Umby

Smash Master
Side B actually chains better than Down B; Down B is just easier to hit with since it comes out so fast. I've only really tested this when coming out of a spin with UAir, so you might be right.

edit: Also, who were you fighting against when you chained fthrow to ftilt? Nice way to spell "Tilts" btw.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
About the up-B canceling the spindash during the charge, you can cancel during the charge with shield.

Top Bottom