• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Supergrapple UP+B insta-suicide

RebellionASG

Smash Cadet
if anyone has noticed this.. tell me... but for now itll just be known as y link insta-suicide.. if you sweet spot grapple on some stages (Yoshi's Island<with pipes>), and you catch you're boomerang while hanging, and you Up+B as you catch it, and you do the glitch where you grab onto the invisible edge but still grappling the edge.. if you click Y... you can get y link to instantly slide across the entire stage and suicide... happens so fast the game can handle it and you only see like 3 frames of death LOL.. also sometimes you only slide a little, or you dont slide at all, or you continually press Y and just go a little higher each time.. alll depends on how well you sweet spotted the edge. Only works with on some versions of the game.. i have the earliest and it works, but i know it doesnt work on PAL. Please comment if anyone else knows of this/got it to work because its pretty neat with all the different things you can make happen... Only suicides on Yoshi's island as far as i know, but probly works on the mushroom kingdoms too.. sometimes happens with Link, but never suicide, just slides a fair distance since he has better traction... obviously harder since is boomerang doesnt home as well. You can also hit the other buttons besides Y, such as R and A and some interesting things happen:) so tell me wat you think

RebellionASG

Smash Cadet
no... no its not.. thats just grapple and boomerang catch, and thats easy... im talking right as you catch it while doing that, UP+B... and you have to sweet spot grapple perfectly, and then hit Y. He does weird **** from there on with different buttons

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
if anyone has noticed this.. tell me... but for now itll just be known as y link insta-suicide.. if you sweet spot grapple on some stages (Yoshi's Island<with pipes>), and you catch you're boomerang while hanging, and you Up+B as you catch it, and you do the glitch where you grab onto the invisible edge but still grappling the edge.. if you click Y... you can get y link to instantly slide across the entire stage and suicide... happens so fast the game can handle it and you only see like 3 frames of death LOL.. also sometimes you only slide a little, or you dont slide at all, or you continually press Y and just go a little higher each time.. alll depends on how well you sweet spotted the edge. Only works with on some versions of the game.. i have the earliest and it works, but i know it doesnt work on PAL. Please comment if anyone else knows of this/got it to work because its pretty neat with all the different things you can make happen... Only suicides on Yoshi's island as far as i know, but probly works on the mushroom kingdoms too.. sometimes happens with Link, but never suicide, just slides a fair distance since he has better traction... obviously harder since is boomerang doesnt home as well. You can also hit the other buttons besides Y, such as R and A and some interesting things happen:) so tell me wat you think
What the heck are you talking about? Please use capitals, periods, comma's and other appropiate puncuation.

RebellionASG

Smash Cadet
Lol. If people knew what I was talking about, it wouldn't be new. Go try it out instead of being like "i dont understand, derrrr." And the punctuation wasn't really that important since I was in a bit of a hurry.

Sliq

Smash Master
Lol. If people knew what I was talking about, it wouldn't be new. Go try it out instead of being like "i dont understand, derrrr." And the punctuation wasn't really that important since I was in a bit of a hurry.
He means typing like you're in third grade makes it hard to understand what you are saying. It does not take much more time to type with punctuation and capitals, and no one is so busy that they have to type like an idiot as opposed to using proper grammar. I should know. I'm a design major at the University of Cincinnati, and the hours of sleep I got this week can be counted on your fingers.

Also, no, I have never heard of this glitch.

RebellionASG

Smash Cadet
... Ok, my grammar isn't all that important. Either say something productive or go elsewhere. I'm looking for answers, not complaints about how type like I'm in third grade. cuz lets face it people. a third grader cannot type n00b and know what it means.

Jash

Smash Lord
This is called "The Noob Hour" where noobs come from behind a complain about something no one else complained about. its so exciting....yet annoying.

Sliq

Smash Master
He means typing like you're in third grade makes it hard to understand what you are saying. It does not take much more time to type with punctuation and capitals, and no one is so busy that they have to type like an idiot as opposed to using proper grammar. I should know. I'm a design major at the University of Cincinnati, and the hours of sleep I got this week can be counted on your fingers.

Also, no, I have never heard of this glitch.
LOOK AT THAT. I ADDED TO THE TOPIC!

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
This is called "The Noob Hour" where noobs come from behind a complain about something no one else complained about. its so exciting....yet annoying.
Jash you **** Nazi. The only n00b here is you. Go and try to play Caveman or something. Or better yet, just leave smash boards because you suck.

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
ooo nice comeback, did your mom help ya with that? it was a really good comeback. too bad it was corney. why dont u try to be somebody.
....Wow.
That post made no sense. You say my comeback is great, but then you call it corny? OK! Your just showed the whole forum how ******** you really are. :p

But in all seriousness Jash, get a clue, grow another ******...because your mom ate your last one...and just get another clue while your at it. Your a fake.

EDIT: 200th Post! And I made it a good one.

Dr. Sabre Wolf

Smash Cadet
....Wow.
That post made no sense. You say my comeback is great, but then you call it corny? OK! Your just showed the whole forum how ******** you really are. :p

But in all seriousness Jash, get a clue, grow another v@gin@...because your mom ate your last one...and just get another clue while your at it. Your a fake.

EDIT: 200th Post! And I made it a good one.
Ow....tht was harsh...lmao nice 200th post....lol

Sytar

Smash Ace
Seriously. Stop typing like you're five years old. If we have to read it, we want it to be good. I don't know why you think you're too "cool" for proper grammar, but nobody likes to read (what looks like) the prose of an idiot.

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
Thunderbolt, that joke was acually funny. it was so dumb, corney and g@y that it was funny. dumb because lol...look at you. corney because....well who are we kidding you havent said anything funny yet. and g@y because...well...come on v@gin@? listen to yourself man, your not funny so stop. tell your mom that she needs to come up with some better jokes because hehe its cornier then her toes.

Edit: haha hes interested in falco lol. what is it you like his beak?
Ah, jealousy at its best!!! :laugh:

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
ooo nice comeback, did your mom help ya with that? it was a really good comeback. too bad it was corney. why dont u try to be somebody.
I read this and want to say something about it that I thought was funny.
You are telling him that his comeback is "corney" and yet you ask if his mom helped him with that? Since asking if peoples mom helped thier child with a comeback is so clever right Jash? That's purely original material you have used there. I hope it wasn't just me who saw the stupidity of this 'comeback'.

RebellionASG

Smash Cadet
Please. Stop. Now. For the sake of all that is good, answer the question or leave. No one really cares about either Jash or Thunderbolt. so unless you have good ideas or insight, take your arguments elsewhere. They are not wanted here.

Jash

Smash Lord
My Apologize Rebellion. its over and done now. This glitch is pretty weird the way you explain it. i dont really understand how to do and where to start.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
RebellionASG, thanks for coming up with this thread and the topic. I believe you are the first person that has made a thread and posted about this glitch. I read the topic and at first didn't understand it completely, but then I tried it out a few days later and this glitch is awesome. I was wondering if you'd allow me to make a new thread explaining this:

1.) How to do it.
2.) What versions is works on.
3.) Where it works.
4.) The uses of it.
5.) Step_by_step guide.

Don't worry, I'd mention that you were the original person that found out the "instant-suicide" part of the glitch.

RebellionASG

Smash Cadet
Thanks SmashMac... that's kinda what I wanted to do, just get it out in the open for people to know about. You're very welcome to make a better thread on it, and it would be much appreciated. Maybe send me an email with the link once its done. Thanks a lot. RebellionASG@yahoo.com

RebellionASG

Smash Cadet
you r hanging, and as you catch the boomerang, you can UP+B... that much is a known glitch, but wat im talking about is doing it perfectly on Yoshi's Island<pipes>, and making Y link instantly slide across and suicide off the far right death zone from a grapple hang on the pipes

RebellionASG

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this is in Smash Mac's guide btw.
This is because i started the thread with the brand new discovery, he came, read, asked me if he could put it in his guide, and i agreed. He sites me as his source too *i think*... this was brand new when i first put up the thread

SmashMac

Smash Lord
RebellionASG discovered the up+B instant suicide glitch, I found out new things to do with it with my brothers, came up with names for them and put them in my guide along with a bunch of other statistics and trix with the hookshot and explained how to do them step by step (and made a video for it as well).

Credit to RebellionASG for discovering the up+B instant suicide glitch though.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Sooooo... I'm guessing that you can't do this glitch and immediately press up B while doing it to "drag" people out with YLink's spin attack?

RebellionASG

Smash Cadet
Speedsk8er, im guessing that the up+b would end up just nullifying your momentum, cause mostly other moves do. dunno for sure though, haven't had time to try this out.
<3 @ smashmac for being a sexy mofo. thanks for citing me :) and chip. smashmac is right on the money, and hes ****ed sexy with y link. that is all.
PS. Smashmac, link for the video of it, and what other things can you do with it? Cause i found some messed up shiite... like where you press y and he just like humps the air, does a flip and lands the same way <_< lol

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
I just ignore people who don't type correctly, or at LEAST attempts to type in 1337. Even then, I'm iffy. Still, put in the effort, and I will give you my time. Be mature, type like you have a pair.

Top Bottom