• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Wavedash

keoryn

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm a Samus main and I pretty much know all the technical stuff about Samus but there is a technique that I cannot do despite all my best efforts and that is: Super Wavedash.

I know this is all about timing, ( I have to move at the 41st frame and then again at the 42nd) I completely understand that but my question is how in the world can i possibly know at what frame I am at? Is there any software or something that can tell me which frame the game or I am at?

I am not sure about this but can I see the frames of the game using the Action Replay? If Action Replay is capable of doing this then I am gonna buy but I wanna be completely sure that It can do it before I buy it.

Is there any techniques that you guys do when performing the Super Wavedash?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
The SWD is not a very useful technique. It has its few rare uses though. Examples are when you quickly need to get across the stage quickly to edgehog, tech chase or aiding your teammate.
My advice is to just keep practicing. It's impossible to react to any timing as one frame is such a tight timing. The 42nd frame are among the frames when you have just landed on the ground after the bomb. I imagine a metronome set to 86 bpm could aid training.
1. Practice it holding the stick in one direction all the time until the 42nd frame to know the timing.
2. After that you can practice keeping the stick neutral all the way until you need to hold to one side and then the other.
3. To get the maximum range of the whole technique practice holding the stick the way you want to go, then doing the input in 2.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you want to do it as soon as your morph ball hits the ground. If you go slightly in the direction you want to go, you're (probably) too late; if you go slightly in the opposite direction, you're too early.

keoryn

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the suggestions and fast reply!

I'm gonna go mew2king style and practice until I master it or until I die Lol.

I know its almost a completely useless technique but I really really wanna learn how to do it.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom