• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Training- Greninja Mastery Thread (Incomplete)

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Hello Greninja mains! This thread is meant to showcase different ways you can improve your skills as a ninja, even if you don't have access to useful tools such as Anther's Ladder. This mostly applies to AT's as that is the biggest area of confusion for many. Please share how you train, I don't have all (or many) of the answers. This is NOT the thread for gameplay advice. That can be found here. Enjoy!

For those who don't know about Anther's Ladder:
Anther:
This site is used as a way for the Netplay community to get together and play with a dedicated site that has a matchmaking system, ladder ranking, and a chat.
This site is a great alternative to For Glory, with competitive minded people like us waiting to play a match with you.

Perfect Pivoting:
Summary: Perfect pivoting is beginning a dash and then turning around immediately after. This makes you slide from the initial dash, but you turn around right after and are able to do tilts and smashes without having to wait for the ending lag of the dash to go by. Now this is one of the trickiest AT's to learn.
General Controller Input: :GCL::GCR: (and followups include :GCB::GCA::GCCR::GCLT::GCRT:)

Learning Curve: Go to training mode. Pick an omega stage so nothing interrupts you. Press :GCStart: and lower the speed to 1/4. Practice the control inputs above, without followups. as you grow more proficient at the lower speed, raise it to 1/2 and 2/3 until you eventually are able to do it at normal speed. It will take 2-5 days until you can PP efficiently to one side. Once comfortable, try the followups listed above.

Media Guides:
Smash Corner's Video
Izaw91's Video

Wave-Bounce:
Summary: Not a unique AT in and of itself, it is actually a turnaround-B-reverse; the application of both a turnaround-B and a B-reverse onto the same special. It only changes the direction of your aerial momentum, however, when coupled with WS it becomes a unique spacing tool.
General Input: :GCL::GCB::GCR:

Learning Curve: I personally think the best way to learn this AT is to learn a grounded wavebounce. The input is up there. The most important part of doing the grounded wavebounce is to walk into a water shuriken, and then basically a very quick b-reverse. Knock this type of thing down and You're aerial wavebounce Water Shuriken will be quite easy to do. The rest is done with muscle memory, keep on practicing, and it will come to you in good time.

Media Guides: https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=JhUnn_9KDuA&x-yt-cl=84503534 (Go to :25 to see it, not a guide.)

Sources: @
infiniteV115

Up Aerial Spiking:
Summary: Greninja's up aerial attack has the ability to spike. Once a Uair connects, immediately fast fall; this should prevent the last two hits (which cause a small vertical launch) from connecting, and makes your opponent down to the ground, potentially bouncing at higher %s. If the bounce is unteched, it is a true combo.

General Input: :GCY:(jump):GCCU::GCD:

Learning Curve:

Media Guides:

Sources: @Liberation

Short Hop Fast Fall Neutral Aerial
Summary: A great tool that has a lot of followups. This aerial approach option is very quick.

General Input: :GCY::GCA::GCD:

Learning Curve: Learn a short hop which is basically pressing whatever your jump button is very quickly.

Media Guides:

Sources:

Spacing with Retreating Forward Aerials
Summary:

General Input: :GCY::GCCR::GCD:

Learning Curve:

Media Guides: aMSa spacing footage to go here soon.

Zoning (with Shurikens)
Summary:

General Input: There is no completely correct controller input for this, it depends on where you are relative to your opponent.

Learning Curve:

Media Guides:

More to come! Stay tuned!
I made this thread because aMSa reminded me as a Greninja main, our AT'sand the overall game mastery is important to us.

Last edited:

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Nice to try and gather useful information, but isn't this information in the AT thread as well? I would try to differentiate this. Maybe focus more on spacing and zoning since there are no guides on that stuff. Like how to use FAirs properly and what not.

Last edited:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Nice to try and gather useful information, but isn't this information in the AT thread as well? I would try to differentiate this. Maybe focus more on spacing and zoning since there are no guides on that stuff. Like how to use FAirs properly and what not.
Does the AT thread explain how exactly you use it and how to get better at doing it? No. This thread's whole purpose is to clarify how to do some stuff that people don't know how to do, or how to practice it. As far as I am concerned, there is no other thread here that does this.

Again, contributions are nice.

Last edited:

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Does the AT thread explain how exactly you use it and how to get better at doing it? No. This thread's whole purpose is to clarify how to do some stuff that people don't know how to do, or how to practice it. As far as I am concerned, there is no other thread here that does this.

Again, contributions are nice.
The thread does though, unless I'm mistaken. I was just pointing out a way to differentiate your thread from that one since right now they appear to contain the same info.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Not going to be available over the weekend, wavebouncing and zoning additions soon to come.

Top Bottom