• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super speed B-Reversing

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
We all know the wonders that super speed gives to palutena. While messing around in training mode I found that SuperSpeed>Jump>B reversal (insert whichever special your using for your neutral b) gives you a pretty big slide across the stage. Now I'd say this is pretty useful for edge guarding since it can really confuse your opponents.
Using this with Explosive Flame seems to put you in the perfect place for a follow up if you land it. It puts you right under the explosion. AR with this seems pretty useful as well. Using Heavenly Light has the hugest slide making you slide across battlefield with ease. Celestial Fireworks works REALLY well with this method. The momentum you gain plus the invincibility you have from it seems like a very solid mix up. Very sorry if this is already known and I'm just bringing up old news.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I have a hard time with executing B reversals, but I agree: the distance Palu flies is pretty crazy! Dunno how practical it is, but I can see occasional use as a mix-up.

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
I have a hard time with executing B reversals, but I agree: the distance Palu flies is pretty crazy! Dunno how practical it is, but I can see occasional use as a mix-up.
Yeah the distance she gets with Heavenly Light is insane. Also SuperSpeed>Jump>Very brief pause> B reversal
Pausing makes it way easier and you can wait to delay it though don't wait too long because doing so can cause an SD, haha. If you jump cancel into a b reversal as well you can slide backwards while executing said b special (Not as far as jumping then b reversing however) Though while not HIGHLY useful it serves its purpose as a mix up very well.

Last edited:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Sometimes I do this as a way to wait out respawn invincibility as she's pretty hard to catch during it and can make it from one end of the stage to the other and back very quickly. Not something to rely on but it's the biggest use I've found for it yet.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Although this gets Palutena directly under Explosive Flame it seems like she's still suffering endlag and can't really do anything out of it. Am I missing something?

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
Although this gets Palutena directly under Explosive Flame it seems like she's still suffering endlag and can't really do anything out of it. Am I missing something?
That's why I said follow up. She still faces the lag sadly, but regardless she can probably get a follow up, bait or even just pressure.

Top Bottom