• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2: Luigi Slides In!

Sci^Fi

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised this is even on the home page... but it's still hype.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
You're right, they don't have to be a carbon copy of the the characters in their Smash forms. But every veteran from the Smash series has been a carbon copy so far, excluding Mega Man, who was added before he was announced for Smash 4 and is now changed to be more like the Smash 4 version.

I will be happy with whoever they add if they are fun and or unique to play as. I would not mind some of the characters you requested, I just think many are unlikely.
I'm convinced that they will add Snake, Pit or Wolf and maybe maybe Villager. Snake, Azrael (an original character), Vegeta and Bowser were both confirmed for the game early on in development, at the beginning of the Brawl days. Bowser wasn't in the game for years, and was thought to be cut forever as Vegeta and Azrael had been confimed cut. (presumably due to the disdain for OCs and Anime characters presented by the community) But Bowser was re confirmed recently. So Snake could still be in (Shadow Moses Island is also a stage).

The game is based off of Brawl and only two newcomers from Brawl appear on the roster. It only makes sense to add another. So why not add Pit and represented a series that hasn't been represented at all in SSF2? Wolf I think could possibly be added to bring in Smash 4 fans who are salty of him being cut from the roster. Pac-Man, Cloud, Luffy, Villager and Young Link have all been leaked. But Cloud and Luffy were confirmed fake and I highly doubt the Villager and Young Link leaks are real (especially since they just leaked their promo art, nothing else and hasn't been talked about since). Pac Man might be real though.

I also want Pit. Let's just say I want a lot of characters.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I don't think not adding the original 12 right away is a bad thing. It's not supposed to be a normal Smash game. It has a lot of vets from Smash, but it's doing its own thing.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
what really? wow
I don't think not adding the original 12 right away is a bad thing. It's not supposed to be a normal Smash game. It has a lot of vets from Smash, but it's doing its own thing.
At the end of day the devs can add whoever they wan't since SSF2 is a fan smash game that's being developed for free.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It appears that OCs, 3rd and 4th Party characters have more priority than the OG 12. And people will continue to defend this.
Smash 4 and Brawl didn't announce the original 12 back-to-back, why should we be expected to? It's not a matter of "priority" it's a matter of saving the more highly-regarded reveals for the right time.

This game also doesn't have any OCs lol...

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
This game also doesn't have any OCs lol...
They were planned for SSF2 but they were in the first game, unless I suddenly imagined those two donut steel hedgehog's named Blade and Blue.

kek

Last edited:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
This game is still beta? I remember this game being in beta when I was in middle school.
Same here. My first exposure to SSF2 was on this day or close to it seven years ago which was around the time Version 0.3 was new. I've got to say I'm impressed with how far the SSF2 dev team has come in seven years. I never would have though characters like BomberMan, Chibi-Robo, or Black Mage would have made it into the game nor would I have though we would get online mode before the full game comes out.

For SSF2 peeps who've stuck around this long, remember when the entire cast was known almost from day 1? Remember OC characters like red Kirby knockoff with spikes, two sonic OC's with swords and some reaper guy named Azazel? XD

Remember when Vegeta and Renji were part of the cast and not assist trophies or part of the background? Remember stages like Test Stages 1 and 2 or Temple of Time and Brawl's online waiting room?

Remember when there was an adventure mode in the works that was like Subspace Emissary from Brawl, but also its own thing?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
They were planned for SSF2 but they were in the first game, unless I suddenly imagined those two donut steel hedgehog's named Blade and Blue.

kek
Those characters were deconfirmed like eight years ago. This game is completely disconnected from its predecessor and is considered a reboot.

Last edited:

SonInk41

Smash Rookie
blade and blue are not in super smash flash 2 if blade was in super smash flash 2 his final smash will be sword slash and if blue was in super smash flash 2 his final smash will be same as blade but 3 times

Last edited:

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
At the end of day the devs can add whoever they wan't since SSF2 is a fan smash game that's being developed for free.
Implying it as if there are devs. The only person making that is McLeod and I hate insulting but his design isn't the greatest, or rather he didn't really apply it much the last few patches. Can only really hope though.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I find it silly that people actually think this game is crap. You are allowed to have opinions I guess, but that is a bit harsh to say it sucks as much as some people say. I personally think it is the best Smash fan game out there. I guess it is not like there is much competition, but I think this game is pretty good.

Just resprite a few of the characters like Wario, Sonic, Tails, etc., and add a few characters, stages, and modes, and this game would be great. And as far as modes go they are adding a ton of them next patch, as well as at least 4 more characters.

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Implying it as if there are devs. The only person making that is McLeod and I hate insulting but his design isn't the greatest, or rather he didn't really apply it much the last few patches. Can only really hope though.
There is an entire team of developers.

ShadowPlumberX

Smash Rookie
NNID
RedTheElite
3DS FC
5343-7610-4165
I was wondering when they were finally going to add Luigi, hahaha. :4luigi:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Smash Flash 2 Wishlist:
- Bowser, Done
- King Dedede
- Luigi, Done
- Smash 4 Megaman.
- Lucario
- Charizard

it's really good to know that luigi got comfirmed :)

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Am I the only one that hopes the next character isn't a veteran? Don't get me wrong, Luigi and Bowser are cool but I want a character with new attacks and skills. (Btw, Isaac HYPE!)

FoxE

Smash Cadet
It appears that OCs, 3rd and 4th Party characters have more priority than the OG 12. And people will continue to defend this.
Nintendo series (I Know unoffical game but come on) where 3rd parties are more important than the actual nintendo characters. lel

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The main reason was because 1; Mcleod back in 2006 didn't have the same viewpoints as he does now with the game at this point.

And 2; the viewpoint the Smash community has about Smash wasn't like how it was back in the Brawl days. Things change, and well, does it really matter?

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
The main reason was because 1; Mcleod back in 2006 didn't have the same viewpoints as he does now with the game at this point.

And 2; the viewpoint the Smash community has about Smash wasn't like how it was back in the Brawl days. Things change, and well, does it really matter?
These are also just demo builds.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Damn, people. I know the veterans are favorites, but should they really be important in everything Smash, even unofficial games you made?

I mean, not every Street Fighter fan cares for the 8 World Warriors(especially not E. Honda).

...now, if they made a Jump Super Stars with the Smash Engine...

Top Bottom