• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2: Luigi Slides In!

Blitzninja

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-0286-0582
****, why not add every character that appeared in Smash into that game before adding anyone else.
Then they wouldnt have anything special about the game, they would just have a pixelated brawl remake

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
How so? If we got those 9 characters I would be satisfied. Cleod 9 said there would be more than Brawl, or at least around Brawl's size, and right now we have 32. There is room there for 7 more characters before we reach Brawl's size. Plus with the fact that what we have so far is just the starting roster, I can imagine with unlockables, we will end up with more than just what Brawl had.
#1 There's 33 characters announced in the beta.
#2 If you aren't satisfied with this fan game by now, I'm not sure you ever will be, especially asking for the characters you did.

You're asking for 2 clones (they said they would never add clones) , 2 more Zelda reps (making LoZ the most represented series), 2 more Pokemon reps, and another anime character (which many hate). You also suggested if they add every veteran you'd be happy, which contradicts your previous statement.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
RIP all of my "Still no Luigi" jokes. Damn. Was hoping to keep going for at least 2 months....

He looks insane tho, Smash 4 D-Throw but all these Melee aerials. Mad scary character.

SonInk41

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
IT'S REAL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why Not Add Our Boy? Roy:4roy:4

OH MY GOD WRONG ROY I DID XD

Why MecloudGaming WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ADD OUR BOY ROY?! Roy Melee :roymelee:

What About :younglinkmelee:

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
#1 There's 33 characters announced in the beta.
#2 If you aren't satisfied with this fan game by now, I'm not sure you ever will be, especially asking for the characters you did.

You're asking for 2 clones (they said they would never add clones) , 2 more Zelda reps (making LoZ the most represented series), 2 more Pokemon reps, and another anime character (which many hate). You also suggested if they add every veteran you'd be happy, which contradicts your previous statement.
1. Whatever. Irrelevant.
2. Why are those characters hard to believe?

What makes you assume they would be clones? They don't have to make a carbon copy of the characters in their Smash forms, this is their own game. They could easily change the move sets. Also I am not sure if you missed where I put I wanted Dr. Mario as well, so therefore LOZ would not be the most represented. A lot of people want anime characters, too.

That does not contradict my statement. I specifically said I wish they would add all the veterans but I know that is not plausible so I simply listed off characters I would want the most. I forgot to mention King Dedede as well :p

What characters do you want them to add? Because you seem pretty pessimistic towards all of them.

SonInk41

Smash Rookie
1. Whatever. Irrelevant.

What makes you assume they would be clones? They don't have to make a carbon copy of the characters in their Smash forms, this is their own game. They could easily change the move sets. Also I am not sure if you missed where I put I wanted Dr. Mario as well, so therefore LOZ would not be the most represented. A lot of people want anime characters, too.

That does not contradict my statement. I specifically said I wish they would add all the veterans but I know that is not plausible so I simply listed off characters I would want the most. I forgot to mention King Dedede as well :p

What characters do you want them to add? Because you seem pretty pessimistic towards all of them.
but :4lucas: isn't a clone

SonInk41

Smash Rookie
1. Whatever. Irrelevant.

and :4pacman: isn't clone

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Dang this game is still relevant? wow, I admittedly find that hard to believe lol. Whatever i guess people like it though, just will never be my cup of tea with its graphical style, character selection, and the anime characters. Cool to see i guess but personally i really hate that they let anime characters into before even finishing the original 64 cast. I understand sora and lloyd but...goku and naruto?

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
People talking about how they think SSF2 is already irrelevant:denzel:

Just a friendly reminder that this game is yet to even have a beta build. Let's be glad the devs are releasing public builds along the way instead of keeping everything a secret for hype points at the end.

Last edited:

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
1. Whatever. Irrelevant.

You're right, they don't have to be a carbon copy of the the characters in their Smash forms. But every veteran from the Smash series has been a carbon copy so far, excluding Mega Man, who was added before he was announced for Smash 4 and is now changed to be more like the Smash 4 version.

I will be happy with whoever they add if they are fun and or unique to play as. I would not mind some of the characters you requested, I just think many are unlikely.
I'm convinced that they will add Snake, Pit or Wolf and maybe maybe Villager. Snake, Azrael (an original character), Vegeta and Bowser were both confirmed for the game early on in development, at the beginning of the Brawl days. Bowser wasn't in the game for years, and was thought to be cut forever as Vegeta and Azrael had been confimed cut. (presumably due to the disdain for OCs and Anime characters presented by the community) But Bowser was re confirmed recently. So Snake could still be in (Shadow Moses Island is also a stage).

The game is based off of Brawl and only two newcomers from Brawl appear on the roster. It only makes sense to add another. So why not add Pit and represented a series that hasn't been represented at all in SSF2? Wolf I think could possibly be added to bring in Smash 4 fans who are salty of him being cut from the roster. Pac-Man, Cloud, Luffy, Villager and Young Link have all been leaked. But Cloud and Luffy were confirmed fake and I highly doubt the Villager and Young Link leaks are real (especially since they just leaked their promo art, nothing else and hasn't been talked about since). Pac Man might be real though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wished they revealed someone new with Luigi. It was frustrating wait all day just to get him alone.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
My only hope is that McLeod actually took a proper look at the design of characters and balanced them more accordingly. Damn Animes are too good compared to the rest of the cast not counting a few like Marth.
Ichigo and Goku are bad though.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Da Weegee man! Yes. Another one of my favorites returns. Hey, [TSON]. You guys are still doing an awesome job. Hyped as always. Who can I say thanks to for getting my man in?

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I don't really like these sprites to be honest (especially Luigi's). I'd prefer if, rather than trying to copy Brawl's style (which IMO doesn't work very well at all in pixel/sprite form), they'd find their own, unique art style, or simplify the character designs to make them work well in sprite form. Perhaps brighten things up as well. Or just use the sprites from each character's games.
That's (almost)exactly what crusade did! Furthermore, they gave Green L a different jumping animation and Thunderball!

(sigh) I just hate the Brawl designs.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
There was Tails but no Luigi.

McLeod Sonic Bias Confirmed.

StabbityJoe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StabbityJoe
This game is still beta? I remember this game being in beta when I was in middle school.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
That character slot, wasted... And could've been used to complete the shounen jump line up (aka adding luffy).
Wasted? Luffy? Hah! Nice joke. We don't need anymore anime characters, 3 are enough. Luigi was actually needed to complete the original 12.

ROYPLAYER

Smash Rookie
Funny how Luigi is now the first clone character in SSF2 and yet this is the version of the game before the final version releases.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Why wasn't he in there in the first place?
It appears that OCs, 3rd and 4th Party characters have more priority than the OG 12. And people will continue to defend this.

Top Bottom