• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Facts - Cut Characters in 64 and Melee

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I guess this technically doesn't really matter, but it does bug me how there was no mention of the widely known rumor of Dedede potentially getting in Melee, yet the much less known rumor of Saki being considered for Melee gets a mention. I also remember that Peach was always bunched up with Meowth and Pit for rumored characters planned for Smash 64, so it confused me why she wasn't listed with them and Sigured in the video.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I guess this technically doesn't really matter, but it does bug me how there was no mention of the widely known rumor of Dedede potentially getting in Melee, yet the much less known rumor of Saki being considered for Melee gets a mention. I also remember that Peach was always bunched up with Meowth and Pit for rumored characters planned for Smash 64, so it confused me why she wasn't listed with them and Sigured in the video.
Timing of the video was an issue. Honestly, It might have gotten removed before the video was split into two, and then we forgot to add it back in. Everything is already in the Definitive Unused Fighter List if people want the sources + current full list.

Was Geno ever considered in Brawl?
No evidence to suggest that.
Most likely not; there's no Super Mario RPG-related content in Brawl to suggest he was intended. There's unused music tracks, but that means very little.
I haven't personally investigated that yet, but a lot of the users on TCRF believe that it's NOT a SMRPG track. There's seems to be a lack of hard order for the track order, and limited data exists.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
No evidence to suggest that.

I haven't personally investigated that yet, but a lot of the users on TCRF believe that it's NOT a SMRPG track. There's seems to be a lack of hard order for the track order, and limited data exists.
While I was searching before few months in the Geno brawl thread I have seen a lot of rumors about him and I have clicked at the sources but the links are broken and can't be viewed anymore I don't know why a lot of picture and videos can't be seen there anymore. I wish if I was there in brawl days.

Master Shiv

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shiv_Games
Now that I think about it, James Bond would be a pretty cool addition to Smash. Too bad he couldn't get into Melee.

DarthGogeta

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarthGogeta
3DS FC
5327-0919-9852
The video labels wavedashing, L-canceling, and shine's hitbox as "technical oversights." Those were all obviously deliberate additions, and honestly the video's channel loses massive credibility for me. Ignorant people undermining the competitive melee scene at every turn...
Though Smooth Landing was a thing since Smash 64, Wavedashing was an exploit of Melee's Air Dodge; you're not REALLY supposed to be able to wavedash.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Wait a minute, I remember hearing about Sakurai considering a 2nd gen Pokemon Trainer for Melee. I'm guessing that's untrue too?

Top Bottom