• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con: Day 1

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Hello all! Today marked the first day of Super Smash Con, and it went fabulous. The venue was great, the vendors were all friendly and varied, and there were plenty of set-ups for all the Smashers! Everyone seemed to be in a good mood, and the organizer, Justin (while he was not riding that snazzy scooter around), had a great hold on things and seemed to be proud of his creation. And now, let’s recap the day in images!

Look at all those set-ups!

Let’s get ready to Smash!

Urban Evolution practices some parkour.

Mew2king gets warmed up with some Con goers.

Zero enters the scene!

D1 gives his fellow competitors some advice.

Robin tips the scale!

Zero Suit Samus blasts in!

Olimar explores a strange world!

Kirby is a Lovecraftian horror!

The crowd gets hype!

James Landino live!

No Johns!

That’s it for day one of Smash Con! I hope all that are attending are having a wonderful time, and those that are watching the streams root for their favorite Smasher! See you all for day two! Until next time!

I’m loving Smash Con and I hope you all are too! Hit me up @ Marthmario Marthmario to talk Smash Con!

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Were the titles of these pictures inspired by the character introduction trailers?

"Zero, enters the scene!"

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
All of us who are watching this thread just got more jealous because we couldn't attend this amazing event.

ion6963

Smash Rookie
I thought VGBootCamp was going to provide the stream? I couldn't find it anywhere.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
For anyone asking about the stream, there wasn't one today because none of the tournaments start until tomorrow (Friday). I believe that Smash 4 starts tomorrow, Brawl is only tomorrow, 64 is only Saturday, and Melee is Saturday and Sunday. Today was just the first day of the con itself.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
Salty Ingredients.
Salty Pizza.
Isn't it a coincidence that those statements from that bearded man's shirt just happen to perfectly describe the current state of some of the competitive Smash community? :rolleyes:

That aside, the girl cosplaying as Samus :4zss: in her Fusion version of her Zero Suit is utterly beautiful.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Why hasn't anyone asked the utterly important question of "who in the world is the attractive young women clad in ZSS attire?"

I'm just saying.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
Why hasn't anyone asked the utterly important question of "who in the world is the attractive young women clad in ZSS attire?"

I'm just saying.
Bruh. I just want to appreciate the fact that she got cakes ^_^. LAWD.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
wut, I didn't know about this until today and I swear I don't live under a rock or anything.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Someone should bring SD Remix Lite to this tournament for free, easy distribution.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
For a con that is pretty much new, it has a LOT of branding and design. Seriously, a lot about it makes it look very professional and sleek. Huge props to the team behind SSC. Makes me wish I could go, but I'm all the way in California...

Meister Zeigler

Smash Apprentice
For a con that is pretty much new, it has a LOT of branding and design. Seriously, a lot about it makes it look very professional and sleek. Huge props to the team behind SSC. Makes me wish I could go, but I'm all the way in California...
I am thankful to be in the Mid Atlantic area for this reason we got a huge SSB community, VGBootCamp in Baltimore, Maryland, and Super Smash Con in Chantilly, Virginia haha!

Top Bottom