• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con 2015 Housing Thread

Sedda

Smash Champion
Here is the announcement if you missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9xAapVYtQU

Super Smash Con has been announced Aug 6th-9th in Chantilly, VA. Tournaments for 64, melee, brawl, wii u. $30,000 pot guaranteed. Going to be a LOT of extracurricular stuff besides the tournament geared toward growing the community.

Here's the kicker guys, the reason this is so big for 64 specifically is that Justin is running this event. The Justin from VA who is strictly a 64 player and really wants 64 to get more spotlight than it has at past events. Should be better than Apex from 64's perspective. Stuff we've been begging to get like round robin pools, actual stream time, etc., is stuff that we will probably actually get this time around.

Seems like not all the goods have been revealed yet, but from the talks I've had with Justin there will be a number of updates in the coming days weeks months whatever that will be of big interest to the 64 community. I think its safe to say that this should be the biggest smash 64 event EVER.
It's never too early to start planning.

rooms:

1) Shears' hotel room/Cougar Den/etc (4 more spots):
- Shears

2) clubbadubba's apartment:
A BUNCH OF PEOPLE, full etc

3) BananaBolts:
-Banana
-Fireblaster
-Knitephox
-Sedda
-Kirbstomper

4) Marbles:
-Marbles
-Karajan
-Annex
-tacos

5) Koroshiyo:
-Kero
-Stranded
-Maliki
-Czar??

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I'll need a place to stay. I have to get 100% confirmation first and it's a little too early to say for certain.

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
People should start booking that nearby holiday inn with the free cancellation option like asap

Shears

Smash Master
I also have a cougar that lives in Chantilly with the whole house to herself. We could fit a few guys in there if you know what I mean...

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
I booked a room with two double beds at the Holiday Inn like a 2min walk away from the Expo Centre. Need some roomies.

Also do Wal-Marts sell booze in the states?

Shears

Smash Master
Also do Wal-Marts sell booze in the states?
It depends on what state you are in, and in some states which county you are in. Thankfully in Virginia they sell beer and wine everywhere. You can buy it at walmart, gas stations, cvs, 7-11, restaurants, burrito joints, etc. Hard liquor however is socialized, so its really cheap in Virginia but its sold by the state at state run distribution centers called ABC stores. Liquor must be purchased before 9pm. Beer and wine can all be bought until midnight at any place that sells beer (which is just about everywhere in Virginia). Alcohol in general is cheap in Virginia, and DC recently legalized marijuana so we will see how those dispensaries are coming along in August. Oh and gambling is legal in Maryland. All we're waiting on is prostitution and then the DMV will have it all: smash, sex, drugs, alcohol.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
T brett i'll probably stay with you. just gotta find out if im driving or taking a greyhound

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I live ~20 minutes from dulles expo center. I housed close to 10 people for smash at my apartment a few weeks before apex. I can open my doors again, but be warned it will almost definitely be cramped as ****. Those who were here before can attest to that.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I will be looking for housing, first out of tri-state tournament for me. Would like to borrow a Hori from someone if possible.

Though, I first need to see what day my course is. If it's one of the days of the tournament, well ****. Otherwise, there are definite plans.

5600 posts oh ok

Last edited:

tacos

Smash Journeyman
idk if my wallet will allow it, but I will most likely be attending this. I'll let you guys know when/if I book the flights. etc.

luv u all.

Compatible

Smash Cadet
idk if my wallet will allow it, but I will most likely be attending this. I'll let you guys know when/if I book the flights. etc.

luv u all.
Check Fronteir Airlines for flights. They use the smaller hubs & fly only one type of plane to drive their costs down. I can fly home from Raleigh, NC to Trenton, NJ for under $100 roundtrip which is cheaper then it is to drive.

I don't know the closest airport for you, but Austin, TX to Washing-Dulles, DC (IAD) leaving Wed Aug 5 and returning Mon Aug 10th is $276.99 round trip.
AUS -> IAD = 125
IAD -> AUS = 150

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
if i took a greyhound up there, would you be able to pick me up and drop me off from there? i can still stay with @ T Brett T Brett throughout the weekend, but id need help getting to the venue. im trying to buy my ticket early because its looking like ill only need to spend ~$50 round trip if i buy it this week

you can pick the days/times that are most convenient for you of course

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
Sure plus I might have a couple meleeboys from van bunking with us but everything's all still up in the air for now

Shears

Smash Master
if i took a greyhound up there, would you be able to pick me up and drop me off from there? i can still stay with @ T Brett T Brett throughout the weekend, but id need help getting to the venue. im trying to buy my ticket early because its looking like ill only need to spend ~$50 round trip if i buy it this week

you can pick the days/times that are most convenient for you of course
Yeah I got you. Weekends work anytime. Considering you'll want to get in before the day of the tournament, I can scoop you up after 6 on weekdays.

This goes for everyone. If anyone needs assistance with transportation or housing let me know and I can try and work something out.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Nice. thanks dude.

what would work better for you after the tournament?

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I'd probably want to stay with sedda if possible, while bringing my brother, I don't know if I'm 100% confirmed going cause my parents are a little worried about this, hopefully I can get my license on time
Btw oh god I hope you guys don't go too crazy on alcohol, cause that'll be a scary sight

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
I'd probably want to stay with sedda if possible, while bringing my brother, I don't know if I'm 100% confirmed going cause my parents are a little worried about this, hopefully I can get my license on time
Btw oh god I hope you guys don't go too crazy on alcohol, cause that'll be a scary sight
Like I said man you guys are more than welcome to come down and stay with us.

Sedda

Smash Champion
if you, your brother, anonymourchris and someone like breakthrough carpool together, that's a whole room right there, but yeah you guys could stay with us. just remember to bring cash monaay for the room so that we can pay tbrett.

and lol i dont really drink anymore so dont worry about it... unless you run into shears, in which case you should encourage him to drink and prepare yourself to hear the most outlandish **** ever

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
if you, your brother, anonymourchris and someone like breakthrough carpool together, that's a whole room right there, but yeah you guys could stay with us. just remember to bring cash monaay for the room so that we can pay tbrett.

and lol i dont really drink anymore so dont worry about it... unless you run into shears, in which case you should encourage him to drink and prepare yourself to hear the most outlandish **** ever
Oops I ment shears lol, that's why I said the thing about alcohol XD but I'll try to hang with the Philly guys unless something happens

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
I will be needing a room to stay in. preferably at the venue. I can pay cash for the nights i stay. If i can't get a room i might do what i did for apex and get a room myself and let some homies stay with me and split the costs. @ Zeds Zeds @ Annex Annex @stylisland @Wilde are any of you guys interested in attending this?

Annex

Smash Ace
YEP
If my summer internship allows I'm gonna be all over this, and obviously sharing a room would be great

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
man idk big smash tournies are dumb, ppl just go too hard nd it gets boring after watching the first stock. (i wouldn't know, just from what i've seen online >_>)

lol im obv joking, but i'd prefer to go a smash FEST where they have a tourney; rather than a smash TOURNEY where you then had to arrange nd find cool ppl to play with so you could have a FEST.

FESTS feel open nd TOURNIES feel restrictive.

but what would i know, i'm just a turnip.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
man idk big smash tournies are dumb, ppl just go too hard nd it gets boring after watching the first stock. (i wouldn't know, just from what i've seen online >_>)

lol im obv joking, but i'd prefer to go a smash FEST where they have a tourney; rather than a smash TOURNEY where you then had to arrange nd find cool ppl to play with so you could have a FEST.

FESTS feel open nd TOURNIES feel restrictive.

but what would i know, i'm just a turnip.
This is going to be a convention. The tournament will be just one aspect of it.

D

Deleted member

maybe i will go

Last edited by a moderator:

Jam Stevens Ya'll

Smash Rookie
Me and a fellow melee player are coming up from Louisiana and are going to need a place to stay. Hoping to split the cost of a hotel room. Let me know if anyone has some spots available. Will buy beer for everyone.

Sedda

Smash Champion
before I forget, I'm not sure if I can go anymore because of work.

I still have my greyhound tickets, but idk if I'll be able to help with hotel $$$ @ T Brett T Brett

I'll know for sure closer to August obv, but I'm not sure yet.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero

luv u all.
"I'm done traveling for smash tourneys" -tacos Apex 2015

as legit as pretty any much smasher "retirement" has been

not complaining though you know I'd luv to see u babe

Top Bottom