• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Class?

Super Smash Class

• Total voters

Mam Brehhhh

Smash Rookie
NNID
MamBrehhhh
What does the community think of a stream called "Super Smash Class?" It's going to be talking about characters , match-ups , tech , and everything about Smash that can be taught to new players and old. There is also the possibilities of getting guest stars to come and teach a lesson on their main character as they teach and answer questions from the Twitch chat. Any thoughts on this would be nice and if I should go through with this concept or not.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I think this'd be a great idea, especially if they got put up on Youtube as well; it'd be a really nice way to let people be able to master their mains without trying to figure out how to do the techs and such on their own.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It would be nice. I feel like it's difficult to find a really good resource on properly learning Smash games (although this applies to other fighters). There are a lot of helpful threads on SWF, but they're very spread out. Plus I don't think they're suited for players to learn stuff outside of just advance tech.

Mam Brehhhh

Smash Rookie
NNID
MamBrehhhh
I think this'd be a great idea, especially if they got put up on Youtube as well; it'd be a really nice way to let people be able to master their mains without trying to figure out how to do the techs and such on their own.
I was planning to make a stream for a each character then release a more condensed, edited version of it on YouTube so people wont have to sit looking for the parts where i don't answer questions or other nonsense.
So far i have a Facebook page open and the Twitch channel which is under heavy development right now because im getting people to do original art for Facebook and twitch ,also overlays for twitch. Also it gives me time to optimize my stream for maximum quality and talk to local players around me to see if they would like to get involved such as Fatality a local CF main who is known as the best CF in GA.

Mam Brehhhh

Smash Rookie
NNID
MamBrehhhh
It would be nice. I feel like it's difficult to find a really good resource on properly learning Smash games (although this applies to other fighters). There are a lot of helpful threads on SWF, but they're very spread out. Plus I don't think they're suited for players to learn stuff outside of just advance tech.
I noticed that it was difficult to find guides on specific characters that are not dated. Also i was going to make the learning experience accessible to everyone mostly on the YouTube videos where i can edit banners on the bottom with brief explanations on smash lingo i use such as Fair or maybe something more advanced like Boost grabbing, but the main thing its going to be for is talking about characters and how to play them if its in melee or sm4sh such as explaining shieks strengths and weaknesses in sm4sh and how to utilize her move set

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I do think it would be neat if Smash had something like this http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

This was probably the thing that helped me understand Street Fighter even more. Each section is short but concise, and it even cites match videos documenting on how a player was using it. Sharing advanced tech is good and all, but I love how this actually goes into the mind game and the applications of it. The videos also do a good job to keep this interesting.

While your method is going in a different direction from this one, I still think it's a good one to look at to get some ideas.

It's going to be tough to do an effective tutorial on a stream, imo, but hopefully you'll have other people to help out so it's not just in training mode or something. Also, again, bringing up past match videos and showing the applications is a big plus and keeps the person learning interested.

Mam Brehhhh

Smash Rookie
NNID
MamBrehhhh
I do think it would be neat if Smash had something like this

This was probably the thing that helped me understand Street Fighter even more. Each section is short but concise, and it even cites match videos documenting on how a player was using it. Sharing advanced tech is good and all, but I love how this actually goes into the mind game and the applications of it. The videos also do a good job to keep this interesting.

While your method is going in a different direction from this one, I still think it's a good one to look at to get some ideas.

It's going to be tough to do an effective tutorial on a stream, imo, but hopefully you'll have other people to help out so it's not just in training mode or something. Also, again, bringing up past match videos and showing the applications is a big plus and keeps the person learning interested.
I do plan on having other players on stream with me so its not a CPU because we all know how derpy they are. The sonichurricane link is vary interesting and i really love the idea and ill look into it. Also i already have a person who is going to do commentary on past matches if its from professional matches or one of ours where he points out key moments in there mistake of if it has something to do with the lesson on the YouTube channel.

As of right now this project is in early and heavy development, and your feedback is vary helpful in things i'm planning to do.

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
To me I just find it easier to talk to a friend who's super good and really mastered something. I've known insanely good Mario 64 players and insanely good Mario Kart players.

Top Bottom