• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Super Smash Brothers 3DS Demo Impressions. For US Users

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
What is your thoughts about the demo Sakurai released yesterday?

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I have had the special demo for a week now and I think that the demo runs VERY smoothly. The physics and mechanics of the game are MUCH improved. The newcomers are interesting (excluding certain characters) and the veterans have been (for the most part) revamped. The gameplay on the 3DS was a lot better than I expected it to be but I still prefer the old fashion way of playing with actual joysticks.

The only complain that I have about the demo is that when your are playing with 3 or 4 people locally, there is this weird lag that it does not interrupt the gameplay directly but it can be a nuisance. However, the lag is kinda rare so I don't mind it that much.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Damn good. No way in hell can anyone including Melee lovers can tell me this is not a good smash game. Took me more than a few matches to get used to the thumb pad. Still have an occasional hick up with inputs but other than that this has the makings to be the best smash ever game-play wise. I am really tempted to buy the smash bros XL because things do seem a bit small on the vanilla 3ds. not to the point were I can't make things out but I just want a bigger experience. Everything runs smooth. So gameplay and graphics get a 10. the only thing that can hurt this smash is the amount of content in it but that has nothing to do with impressions of the demo.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
The mechanics are as solid as they need to be, and overall, I've had a lot of fun. The problem lies in the one stage it gives you. The fact that it only has two music tracks means that the same environment can get a bit grating. If it had either gotten one or two more music tracks or if they had given us the real Final Destination, then I think I'd be a bit happier to play it.

But good grief, playing on a normal 3DS can get pretty bad during a long play session. If I weren't so broke right now, I'd put down money towards an XL as soon as I got the full game. Granted, my hands are fairly large and not the most nimble to begin with, so you may not mind it as much, but for someone like me, it can really interfere.

Renegand

Smash Cadet
People thinking of switching to an xl 100% worth it but with the new 'new 3ds' coming I'd wait and get an xl of that

ZangooseQTR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
I didn't like the controls at first but now that i've gotten the hang of it, It's getting alright.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
I so wanna tell my impressions, but I'm from Europe, and since this is US only...

This is a Sentence

Smash Cadet
The game feels smooth and really satisfying in terms of speed. It has the workings of a amazing smash entry.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
The demo is solid. Smooth gameplay and good physics. It can get repetitive quickly but all that does is make me hype for the full game. 13 MORE DAYS!!!!!

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I love the demo. Mario just feels great. I didn't like it so much in brawl but mario just feels right. Happy to main him. The game flow is really nice too. Imo, this game might be my top favorite even melee. I still need to play the full game to be sure. And I keep hearing how well the game is balanced for all characters making me believe that we can see such a huge variety of people using different characters in tournaments. The demo alone is nice and I already played hours of it (although so did many people who played the demo). I feel like I'll be getting the whole smash 3ds experience thanks to my smash theme 3ds xl!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The game definitely feels a lot smoother and faster than Brawl alright. Only took me a little while to get used to the controls.

Only 12 more days remaining until the main event! xD

Last edited:

FlaygletheBagel

Smash Cadet
NNID
AmateurSalad8
3DS FC
5429-7042-7857
There's really no way you can get an accurate representation of how the game looks or controls without holding it in your hands for yourself. When I did, I was honestly stunned at how smoothly the game runs. It's butter smooth. And the control scheme works wonders! That's one area I felt would be pretty weak on the 3DS, but I was impressed.

Content-wise, it's pretty lacking, but I've managed to get a surprisingly good amount of mileage out of it. I've played it for several hours already, and that's with 5 characters, 1 stage, 1 mode, and virtually no customization. Imagine how much I'll play the heck out of the full game.

All in all, I don't see how anyone could still doubt this iteration of Smash after playing the demo. I'll be downloading this as soon as I can get it on release day.

Trout

Smash Rookie
NNID
Troutx
3DS FC
2723-9284-0082
All doubts have been eliminated that at the very least, this game is going to be really fun. I never would have imagined that a game like Smash could play so well on a handheld. The next two weeks are gonna feel like years...

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
I starting to think I have played the demo too much, I got the early release of it and I have 35 hours on it, but..... i'm still gonna play it some more. If i can play this long on a demo imagine the full game!

Last edited:

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
I think I'm in love. From the moment my brother and I started playing we knew it was gonna be fantastic. There was no huge learning curve for controls, not really awkward or clunky at all. I've been playing it over and over these past two days. I'm so glad to get to practice Villager before the release, her moveset is miles above what I expected, and I just can't get enough!

I love this demo with a burning passion. The controls are great and the movement of the game seems to be completely different from Smash 4 at Smashfest. That was the only thing I wanted from the game and it is great. The fact that you can air dodge multiple times makes the game more competitive worthy in that sense alone. Air combos could end in a punish and putting thinking to your choices does make this tournament worthy.
I've played an estimate of over 250 matches in the two days I played this game and I never played Link yet! My only complaint with this game in general isn't people floating around unlike Smashfest( To my knowledge ), but how good everyone's recovery is. This is the factor that can change settings to competitive play like 2 or 3 stock matches aside from melee's 4, which I'm personally used to.
Right now, all characters( Except I haven't played Link ) feels great and I can see the uses of Villager and Mega-Man pinned against others. I can't believe how much I love Pikachu right now. I might actually main him unless the new characters wow me or I go Ness like in melee and Project M.
Aside from predictions, the demo is beauty itself! I can't wait to pick up the game with my pre-order and spend countless hours playing all the characters, then beat up everyone to the best of my ability. For future reference, I'll get Platinum membership so that code incident doesn't bite me in the butt again.

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Mario is Broken , he's a nightmare to plat against with any other character in the Demo (Maybe not pikachu)

Megaman? Cape , Villager? Cape , Link? (Hell he feels Slow but extremely powerful) Cape

Mario is like the perfect counter to the Villager at the moment

I wanted to learn how to use Link since he looks like a good character , but he was just too slow , maybe I should try camping with the specials he has

Top Bottom