• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Xtreme | Coming Soon

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
This project started as a personal build, but one day I decided that I'd make it public once it was complete. It's planned to be FULL Smash 3/3C/4 skins, with exclusive skins and custom music. SSBX's goal is too add characters who deserve to be in Smash Bros. PM 3.6 Movesets will (mostly) be kept. 1st release will have 70 characters, Full PM 3.6 Stages with a few L+A Alts. As of right now, it's about 93% complete, just need to finish up a few things, feel free to suggest things!

- Downloads -
N/A for now, DL Link coming hopefully around Christmas

- Other Media-
https://discord.gg/59FSx2V - My Public Server, leads to Smash Xtreme channel
Current To Do List

Last edited:

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
As much as I want this to be a great build, I have skepticism on the idea of 70 characters. Look at PM+Ex and how that turned out.

I got some Q's:
For the move sets, are they independently made for this build or are they ripped from other mods? (i.e: Legacy XP, ALM's build)

Will there be no independent stock icons to save info.pac space?
Will the extra move sets have 3/3C skins as well?
What are your plans for extra things, like Smash 4 styled teams and Retro Mode?
What are the quality standards for the PSAs?

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want this to be a great build, I have skepticism on the idea of 70 characters. Look at PM+Ex and how that turned out.

I got some Q's:
For the move sets, are they independently made for this build or are they ripped from other mods? (i.e: Legacy XP, ALM's build)

Will there be no independent stock icons to save info.pac space?
Will the extra move sets have 3/3C skins as well?
What are your plans for extra things, like Smash 4 styled teams and Retro Mode?
What are the quality standards for the PSAs?
They're taken from other builds, as I have no PSA experience and didn't wanna bother people to make PSAs for me
As of right now Independent Stocks are in, may be removed in the future for space resaons
Characters such as Ridley will not have Smash 3/3C Skins, only Smash 4. But i may make Smash 3/3C versions of them
Smash 4 Styled Teams are already added, Retro Mode is most likely a no (model reasons)
I try to use what I think fits in with PM, my standards are very high. Although on rare occasions i may choose less standard PSAs

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
PMEX is great. lol
ohi

I just don't like the idea of needless and useless clones and an over abundance of everything really. I like how much work you put into it but most of it just feels lackluster when it comes to the actual characters. People like Daisy and Federation Soldier just don't really belong, and their move sets don't really help support that argument.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
ohi

I just don't like the idea of needless and useless clones and an over abundance of everything really. I like how much work you put into it but most of it just feels lackluster when it comes to the actual characters. People like Daisy and Federation Soldier just don't really belong, and their move sets don't really help support that argument.
I get that, but at the same time its a personal opinion of whats useless and lackluster. Either way, i understand. but its my build first. people are free to replace characters with whoever they prefer. I mean, the cosmetics are done and easy to replace for people that really want to.

Also Fed Soldier is/was legit a placeholder for people that want to replace it with Sami. lol

And Daisy is completely outdated. Both Daisy and Fed Soldier are getting worked on to be more of they're own Characters, either unique, or more of a Semi clone. Also, some people like the clones because i either adapted popular movesets or made PM versions of Vanilla Brawl movesets.

Anyways, i respect the criticism, and i hope to fix that as time passes. theres really just one person working on the project as a whole, me. Others are helping or sharing what they have with me to include (Sylv is one). I got two people who like to PSA, so most of theirs are included.

Here is a stream of the most recent "DEV" Build atm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAPAXttnazc

Also, if you like, join our Discord so you can contribute with criticism and what not. lol

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to hijack the thread Sylv, you know me and you are cool! You're on my "team" anyways!

Last edited:

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Also, to everyone, Sylv's build is great and will be great! Look out for it!

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for coming off as a hard ass Alm5252 Alm5252 . My :GCB:.

I would join in but I really cannot because DC lags on my PC.

As for your build, the one moveset I actually really enjoy is your Deoxys mod. That is a mod I actually would love to have in, per say, this build. :cool:

It could use some touching up actually.

His side and down special are too similar of moves, I would prefer the down special to be like a downward projectile that launches them upward, referencing his Pokeball attack.

His up special can be more unique by having a "Fire Fox" start up, where he charges up before launching out from a blue beam (not purple). It would be neat to have an up special of a mixture of Fox's and Lucario's.

As for the side special, it is broken. There is an exploit where if you jerk the analog stick up (or something, hard to replicate the exploit), it launches Deoxys all the way up to the sky. If you want an idea of it, imagine Melee Young Link's launch in the sky when he's grappled underneath Final Destination.

This is a nitpick, but his whole attitude with his taunts and result screen animations seems out of character. I would imagine he would have the same mindset of Lucario. Just please have him be more mature.

For his aerials, his down air seems really, odd as a whole. It's not really too entertaining to see him flat as a pancake, and it being so wide causes it to be too good of an edge guard. He can keep the falling down spike as a whole, but I would prefer it if you made it so he doesn't go flat as a pancake, and just used his legs.

This is a change I wouldn't mind. His neutral air is a good move and I like it, but it just seems too jerky to flip and rotate around in an instant. I would recommend making his neutral air like ZSS's, where instead of a tether gun, it's his long gummy worm of an arm.

His neutral special is just, useless. I would like it if you made it a projectile like Lucas's, once again referencing his Pokeball attack.

I enjoy your Young Link mod a lot as well honestly. But still I would like to see these touched up.

His down smash can be the kicks, I like the kicks, but the second half is too janky. Have them both be low kicks please, like Ganon's/Falcon's down smash.

For his side smash, just the animation as a whole could be touched up.

I noticed a lot of scaling problems with Young Link. He's too big. I would recommend looking at the size of Legacy XP's Young Link model and going off there. Your Young Link's model's head is massive, and larger than most character's heads.

I think Young Link needs the sex kick neutral air. It's the main way he can somewhat safely approach.

I am not doubting you didn't put in a lot of work into your build (for that I applaud you even). But there's as many cons as there are pros, and that's what normally strays me away from it to be honest. I like your project and what you're capable of, and your build can help a lot of Project EX users. I hope you take my suggestions into thought, I don't expect them to be pulled off because of how much stuff you have to do.

Good luck to you and your build.

Last edited:

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I am not doubting you didn't put in a lot of work into your build (for that I applaud you even). But there's as many cons as there are pros, and that's what normally strays me away from it to be honest. I like your project and what you're capable of, and your build can help a lot of Project EX users. I hope you take my suggestions into thought, I don't expect them to be pulled off because of how much stuff you have to do.

Good luck to you and your build.
Thanks, and again, its all good. Trying to touch up as much as we / or i can. Deoxys is just a reskinned Kid Buu PSA since i felt it would match (especially with the stretchy arms). Only recently (June or July) have i really been getting help. so things should be improving over time!

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, and again, its all good. Trying to touch up as much as we / or i can. Deoxys is just a reskinned Kid Buu PSA since i felt it would match (especially with the stretchy arms). Only recently (June or July) have i really been getting help. so things should be improving over time!
Kid Buu huh? Thought his stretchy arms was a thing Deoxys had (not joking). I feel like Deoxys would be PERFECT for Smash 3ifying, and if you guys are willing to fix him up in this build, I may try to Smash 3ify him for this build.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god that model.
It's,
please tell me you have someone who will port over at least the Sm4sh model over him?
PokePark Wii model is currently being used, I might import the Wii U model someday though....

Also, have a look at Mario's New Render! Only in Smash Xtreme
Smash 3 00.png

Last edited:

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
Ryu, Mega Man, Ninten, Zororak, Geno, and some others as newcomers to brawl.

(I got this info from a pic you uploaded on this thread. Not yoru discord. It isn't leaking)

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Any updates for SSBX?
Well i can't show anything atm, but some stuff has been added and some characters have 12 costumes, Sm4sh Team Styles outlines, and along with that team Recolors for alts such as Dry Bowser and Butterfly Knight's team Recolors have been replaced with standard recolors, new alts such as Chimera Lucas and NES Meta Knight has been added

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
Well i can't show anything atm, but some stuff has been added and some characters have 12 costumes, Sm4sh Team Styles outlines, and along with that team Recolors for alts such as Dry Bowser and Butterfly Knight's team Recolors have been replaced with standard recolors, new alts such as Chimera Lucas and NES Meta Knight has been added
YEAH!!! NEW LUCAS ALTS!!!!! That alone is enough to make me play this Mother Hype.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE: A bunch of new cosmetics for characters, new models and recolors, new codes, new music and release will be hopefully around Christmas.

Top Bottom