• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Wins "Favorite Video Game" Award at the People's Choice Awards 2015!

Last night, the 42nd People's Choice Awards took place in Los Angeles, California at the Microsoft Theatre on CBS. Although most of the awards were about television and movies, there was an award for the people's "Favorite Video Game". In the end, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U won the award over Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto V, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Congratulations to Nintendo and the Smash Bros. team, and thank you to all Smashers who voted for Smash Bros.!

Comments

It's just such a great game for anyone. I am not surprised. It's wonderful for competitive play, as well as family get togethers. Congrats to Smash!

I thought we where gonna lose to Minecraft, grand theft auto and CoD not gonna lie

:150:

Last edited:
I'm fairly surprised! Nintendo really has been moving back into the public eye lately. Congrats to everyone involved!

It's obviously because people's champ Scar convinced the people to vote for Smash 4

I honestly think Splatoon or Super Mario Maker deserve it more, even just pulling from games within Nintendo's library, but congrats to Smash.

D
It won? I have to say, I am shocked that Smash won this award.
Congrats to Nintendo and Sakurai!

Holy crud! Smash WON? Well, I'll be. I mean, like there was any competition?:smirk: No, but in all seriousness, me being like THAT just now aside, I am so hyped that Smash won! Congratulations Sakurai! After nearly 4 years of perfecting this game and fine-tuning through patches and DLC, he deserves this award.:colorful:

inb4 Melee fanboys come raging that this game is "tr4sh"

In all honesty, this deserved to win, especially after all the work Sakurai and his team have put into trying to make this game as balanced, fun, easy to pick up, competitive game, all while keeping it fresh and relevant with the DLC. A nice, well deserved recognition for all their hard work. I hope this makes Sakuari realize he cannot leave Smash.

It just goes to show, you can have a great game without Wavedashing and L Cancels :smirk: *hides behind flame shield*

Last edited:
inb4 Melee fanboys come raging that this game is "tr4sh"

In all honesty, this deserved to win, especially after all the work Sakurai and his team have put into trying to make this game as balanced, fun, easy to pick up, competitive game, all while keeping it fresh and relevant with the DLC. A nice, well deserved recognition for all their hard work. I hope this makes Sakuari realize he cannot leave Smash.

It just goes to show, you can have a great game without Wavedashing and L Cancels :smirk: *hides behind flame shield*
Ironically, Sm4sh purists eggs them on to argue and get them into trouble. Why would people that prefer Melee worry about one or any award show that they don't care about (especially 14+ years after its release)? If anything, I thought Splatoon/SMM were better choices than Sm4sh this year since those games were released during 2015 and was successful. Heck, I'm surprised they didn't put Witcher 3 in there to blow it out the water.

It's really shows nothing but a higher recommendation to send your money to. Which is not very hard to do with a video game these days.

Last edited:
Ironically, Sm4sh purists eggs them on to argue and get them into trouble. Why would people that prefer Melee worry about one or any award show that they don't care about (especially 14+ years after its release)? If anything, I thought Splatoon/SMM were better choices than Sm4sh this year since those games where released during 2015 and were successful. Heck, I'm surprised they didn't put Witcher 3 in there to blow it out the water.

It's really shows nothing but a higher recommendation to send your money to. Which is not very hard to do with a video game these days.
You make a solid point to be fair. Both communities are as bad as each other. I honestly don't get why we can't all just like all the games for their own reasons, and stop bashing others for liking another.

I was surprised that in all honesty that Minecraft didn't win. Maybe it really is just overhyped.

Top Bottom