• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS General New Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Everyone has all these super specific threads about characters or stages or gameplay, which is cool, but I really just wanted to hear what people thought about the new characters or even ones they think should be in it and why. If you post something and feel like getting real detailed like maybe a cool idea for a moveset that's totally welcome!

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Hopefully someone reads this and thinks some of it would be pretty cool, but here some people I think would be awesome in the new game.

Skull Kid-
He's from an older game, so I'm almost positive he wont be in it, but I think he would've been cool with Majora's Mask on. Like, his final smash could be bringing the moon down and the giants could pick it back up. If he moved through the air sort of like Ness, I think he'd be really interesting.

Geno-
I know everybody and their mother has suggested this, but I figured I might as well say it too. He's fast, he's cool, and he'd be a wicked projectile character. If you know who he is, I shouldn't really have to paint you a picture of how he fights. If you don't know who he is, find some way to play Super Mario RPG. Really. Do it now.

Toon Link-
I liked the idea of him, but I think the development team missed out on some unique aspects with him (I mean they were pretty busy so, hey it's cool). But he could've had the grappling hook as like a scorpion-esque grapple move, the hurricane spin as an up B (just to vary from Link a little), Throw a pig instead of a bomb and have them charge opponents when they hit the ground (some people will hate the idea of this but haha I think it's pretty cool) and I suppose for a final smash he could've pulled out the wind waker and brought a huge tornado like the stage to wipe out everyone instead of just being a carbon copy of Adult Link.

Fire Emblem (General)-
I totally can't remember the dudes name from the new fire emblem on the 3DS, but they should put him in with Marth's moveset. I'll probably get crucified if anyone reads that, but I'm actually a huge fan and user of Marth, I just think they new guy is cool, and it could use an updated personality and I think Marth's general moveset would work (though they'd probably need different names). I guess since everyone loves Roy, if they gave him an Ike-Esque moveset, that'd be cool, because Ike was like...Roy's placeholder anyways. I dunno, I just think that would be cool.

Mario Characters-
I think if they just vary Mario and Luigi a TINY bit more from what they already have, they'll have an awesome Mushroom Kingdom crew already put together! I can't even really say anything bad about what they've done with all of them! Bowser's new look and play style totally have made me happy. I'm actually considering making him a main for me, when i never would've done that for Melee or Brawl.

I love Yoshi, my only complaint is his final smash, I think they could've done something more like his personality for it, but that's really no big deal. my friend and I are both pretty good and he kicks my ass on occasion with him.

Wario is awesome. I think the development team were super creative with him and had fun with it, so I really can't complain!

Mega Man-
He's Mega Man. 'Nuff Said. So Happy.

Wii Fit Trainer-
I think is way cool, even though some hate her. I think she's kind of a weird choice but she breaks it up a little and she's basically just zero suit samus, which i thought was pretty cool, so she's kosher with me.

Villager-
they found a way to put a cute character like him in there and still stay true to the game he comes from, and i think that's AWESOME. I love everything about the new smash so far.

Star Fox-
I love Fox! I think he's a really fun character but they should nerf his upsmash a little, if I run and use it, I can kill my friends way too easily with it and that drives everyone nuts. haha except for me.

Falco is just a cool character (a little similar to fox but I guess that makes sense), but the whole Landmaster thing was stupid, they should've given him the Arwing to just fly by quick and blast the stage, even if you don't control it and he just peppers the stage surface and uses a bunch of "B-Bombs" that would've been cool.

Wolf- Holy Crap I was so happy when I first saw Wolf and he's different enough to be cool, my only complaint is again, the Landmaster cop-out from the development team lol i know it was probably to shave off precious time but like...lol really?? like give him two machine guns like Assault's victory thing he does and have him just smoke everyone for his final smash or something but like a red landmaster. really.

Sora-
Everybody wants to see him, I'm not really sure what to think, he's one of my favorite characters ever, like I really love kingdom Hearts but it'd be a little weird seeing him in Smash, I don't know how he would fight really, like...this might sound weird, but his attack range and speed would make me feel a little like they mixed Pit and Link? I dunno, that might sound weird but I just feel like he would be an odd character. Maybe I just being stupid and he would be cool as hell. If they put him in, I mean, I would use that bro. I guess a cool final smash would be Final Form.

Demise-
That would be so damn cool. haha he might make a better boss in Smash than a character, but if they made Demise, but basically made him like Ganondorf with a sword, he would be even more different from Capt. Falcon, and he would just be really awesome! He could do that dash thing in the game for his down B (kinda like Ganondorf does anyways) for his side B, he could throw the lightning disks for a projectile and I guess like...for a final smash the Imprisoned would be pretty sick haha I dunno maybe the whole thing is stupid because I like Ganondorf and Link looks more like the Twilight Princess one, but it's kind of a cool idea.

Capt. Falcon-
SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!! haha I love that dude. I'm pretty indifferent on whether or not he shows back up, but if he doesn't I hope they give somebody else his moveset, he's pretty awesome. When I saw him in the very first smash I had no idea where he came from haha

I Love Samus, Kirby, DK, Pikachu (IF THEY NERF HIM lol), Link, Mario, Pit and...I know I'm forgetting someone but I think it looks great!

These were all totally just some ideas! Some people will probably think I'm stupid for this stuff, but I hope some people actually think they're cool ideas to dream about too while we all wait for Smash 4 next year! PLEASE someone else post your stuff it'd totally make my day to hear what you all think! haha maybe by some lottery chance stroke of luck one of these will work it's way to Sakurai he'll have mercy on us peons and think one of the ideas is cool. I know that would never happen but it's always cool to dream.

thanks guy

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Falcon has to comeback...it seriously wouldnt be smash bros without him....

think so?? He's a really popular character and Falcon Punch, as well as his Taunt are almost popular things in pop culture now, because they're so ridiculous haha I love Capt. Falcon. I wouldn't worry too much, he's so popular and they already have the moveset/template from Brawl, so I would bet almost anything that you'll see him again.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Characters from Brawl that I would love to see them return:
Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, and Sonic.

On new characters:
Wii Fit Trainer was great. Mega Man was freaking AWESOME. And Villager... eh... meh.

On wanted newcomers:
-Michael Jones from Startropics, I've wanted him since SSB64. I was angry back then because I saw Ness as a Mike ripoff. Sure I know better now, and my respects to Ness, and Mother in general. But I still want him in. It's bad enough that he didn't make it out of the NES console, but to top it off he's a WESTERN character from a 1st party series that doesn't even get that much recognition from its target audience.... Bummer!!!

-Little Mac: Right after Mike, Little Mac is my most wanted character. He's always been a videogame icon in my book, people just forgot about him for being in the dark for so long. NOW people are starting to realize his potential once again, and that's awesome!

-Saki Amamiya: A pretty underrated series that got its comeback a few years ago. Saki had probably the BEST design out of all assist trophies. Sakurai himself said this. It appeared he got REALLY close to being in Brawl. His game is a lot of fun, and I can see a great moveset potential in him.

-Isaac: Like S&P, Golden Sun got another go at a game a few years ago with Dark Dawn. Together with Isaac´s Assist Trophy in Brawl, Nintendo wanted to make sure this franchise got back on the map. Not sure how well it turned out, but at least people remember Golden Sun now, and Isaac/Matthew could prove to be a super capable candidate with his Melee attacks, Psyenergy techniques, Djinni skills, and Summons.

Honorable mentions: Takamaru, Simon Belmont.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Characters from Brawl that I would love to see them return:
Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, and Sonic.

On new characters:
Wii Fit Trainer was great. Mega Man was freaking AWESOME. And Villager... eh... meh.

On wanted newcomers:
-Michael Jones from Startropics, I've wanted him since SSB64. I was angry back then because I saw Ness as a Mike ripoff. Sure I know better now, and my respects to Ness, and Mother in general. But I still want him in. It's bad enough that he didn't make it out of the NES console, but to top it off he's a WESTERN character from a 1st party series that doesn't even get that much recognition from its target audience.... Bummer!!!

-Little Mac: Right after Mike, Little Mac is my most wanted character. He's always been a videogame icon in my book, people just forgot about him for being in the dark for so long. NOW people are starting to realize his potential once again, and that's awesome!

-Saki Amamiya: A pretty underrated series that got its comeback a few years ago. Saki had probably the BEST design out of all assist trophies. Sakurai himself said this. It appeared he got REALLY close to being in Brawl. His game is a lot of fun, and I can see a great moveset potential in him.

-Isaac: Like S&P, Golden Sun got another go at a game a few years ago with Dark Dawn. Together with Isaac´s Assist Trophy in Brawl, Nintendo wanted to make sure this franchise got back on the map. Not sure how well it turned out, but at least people remember Golden Sun now, and Isaac/Matthew could prove to be a super capable candidate with his Melee attacks, Psyenergy techniques, Djinni skills, and Summons.

Honorable mentions: Takamaru, Simon Belmont.

Absolutely! I totally forgot about Saki and Issac, I'd love to see both of them, especially after their appearance in Brawl as an assist trophy. I think Michael Jones would be cool too, like, I love Lucas, but I think they should scrap him for Micheal Jones and keep Ness. That would actually be really cool!

You'll probably see Little Mac, with him being in Smash Bros. Brawl already as an assist, and his new game on the wii AND the new boxing ring stage, we'll probably see him! lol theres a lot of really cool things he could do for a final smash.

Simon Belmont would be pretty awesome if they did it right, but I don't think we'll see him on account of Castlevania being so rooted in other companies now. I mean, they are putting third parties in, but I don't know if enough people would call for him. Personally, I'd love that, I think he'd be a perfect Smash character!

Those were some awesome picks. What do you think about like...Knuckles or Tails? Everybody says Shadow, but he literally is exactly like Sonic, even in his own game. Maybe if he was a costume?

Also, Young Link. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought of this, but if they ever did him again, they could take away his bombs and make him like pokemon trainer, but with his masks. He could swap between Goron, Deku or Zora, and a cool final smash would be Fierce Deity Link! It they ever did that, I would pretty much lose it. Or, they could make his Specials corresponding to the mask, like he throws it on real quick for the special and then takes it off. Up B could be deku Links flower float thing, Side B could be Goron Links Roll, Down B could be the Zora Links Electric Barrier and Standard could be Light Arrows. Even that would be pretty cool.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
think so?? He's a really popular character and Falcon Punch, as well as his Taunt are almost popular things in pop culture now, because they're so ridiculous haha I love Capt. Falcon. I wouldn't worry too much, he's so popular and they already have the moveset/template from Brawl, so I would bet almost anything that you'll see him again.
No one smash char has made a impact in smash like Falcon...he is like the Smash Bros All father RealTalk.

Words cant describe how epic he is RealTalk
Scrapping him would be more ******** than scrapping mario...

**** sales...Falcon is a icon in Smash..my mate mains him and said he wont get the game if he is not in...and i dont blame him...and thats just a crumb of the pie Real ****ing Talk!

Morbi

Scavenger
No one smash char has made a impact in smash like Falcon...he is like the Smash Bros All father RealTalk.

**** sales...Falcon is a icon in Smash..my mate mains him and said he wont get the game if he is not in...and i dont blame him...and thats just a crumb of the pie Real ****ing Talk!
I know. I didn't even know of Falcon until SSB. He is my co-main in all the games. SHOW YA MOVES! I mean he is truly an icon from Smash. I never played his series... but I love his character. I don't think I would get the game either if they decided to cut the Falcon. :falcon64: :falconmelee: :falcon:

HylianHero

Smash Cadet

haha yeah I love Falcon! He's a lot a fun to us and he's a pretty cool character. I don't know if I would go as far as that and say scrapping him would be more stupid than scrapping Mario, I mean, Mario is pretty much the face of Nintendo and Super Smash. But I understand what you mean! Personally, I'm going to play it and buy it, even if they scrapped all my favorite characters, it's just a really fun game

@Dark Phazon

Any other Character's you'd like to see?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
@Dark Phazon

Any other Character's you'd like to see?
Ermmmm tbh for me personally...i didnt like Brawl much..and it didnt add anyone i wanted or played as...the only newcomer i played alot as..well pretty much mained for majority of my brawl career was Lucario...but thats only because there was no mewtwo...there are a few chars i love in general and imo defenetly deserve to comeback and are great additions to brawl even though i didnt play as em.

Diddy Kong
Wario
Sonic

Apart from that..i wouldnt be upset if anyone else didnt make it back.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What do I think of Tails or Knuckles?

.... well... can't say I hate the idea of them being included. Turns out, I am (or was until recently) a huge Sonic fan. And Knuckles has always been my favorite character. Brawl's gliding and wall cling mechanic couldn't spell out KNUCKLES any more if it tried, so deep inside I DO want to see Knuckles (or Tails with a multi-jump function) in SSB... However... not before more NINTENDO IPs are represented.

Regarding Shadow. A recolor is MORE than enough. Honestly, if we take every game where Shadow has been playable, 9 out of 10 games he plays exactly like Sonic with just ONE addition or substraction. Sonic Battle is the only game where he TRULY played different than Sonic.

Some characters I would like to see in the game are:

-Shulk
-Ghirahim
-Isa Jo
-Little Mac
-Andy
-Matthew/Adult Isaac
-Chrom
-Robin

Morbi

Scavenger
Some new characters I wold like to see in the game.
- Black Shadow
- Impa (Replace Sheik) :troll:
- Little Mac
- King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Mewtwo and Wolf (Returning) :150:

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Some characters I would like to see in the game are:

-Shulk
-Ghirahim
-Isa Jo
-Little Mac
-Andy
-Matthew/Adult Isaac
-Chrom
-Robin

Chrom!! that's his name! Yeah I'd love to see him, even if he's just a reskinned Marth or Ike. haha it seems like a lot of people want Shulk and Ghirahim. You think we'll see some Skyward Sword characters even though it's Link from Twilight Princess?? I'm not actually sure who a couple of those people are, but Robin sounds pretty wicked haha I don't think he'll be in it, but that's a neat idea. I think we'll probably see Little Mac

Some new characters I wold like to see in the game.
- Black Shadow
- Impa (Replace Sheik) :troll:
- Little Mac
- King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Mewtwo and Wolf (Returning) :150:

Totally behind that, they're overdue for a new F-Zero character, and Impa would be a really cool character as a replacement for Sheik! I actually haven't heard that one yet. I'd love to see King K. Rool too, and Ridley again, but he's probably too big to ever be made as a character, but I'd definitely love to see him as a boss again if nothing else, I love Metroid!

I love Wolf, I think they should've done him over Falco in the first place (I love both but he's more different from Fox than Falco is)
and I actually am starting to think we'll see Mewtwo people really want him and from what I hear Sakurai said he was thinking about it, but that's just a rumor I suppose.

Good Ideas!

What do I think of Tails or Knuckles?

.... well... can't say I hate the idea of them being included. Turns out, I am (or was until recently) a huge Sonic fan. And Knuckles has always been my favorite character. Brawl's gliding and wall cling mechanic couldn't spell out KNUCKLES any more if it tried, so deep inside I DO want to see Knuckles (or Tails with a multi-jump function) in SSB... However... not before more NINTENDO IPs are represented.

Regarding Shadow. A recolor is MORE than enough. Honestly, if we take every game where Shadow has been playable, 9 out of 10 games he plays exactly like Sonic with just ONE addition or substraction. Sonic Battle is the only game where he TRULY played different than Sonic.

Yeah! A lot of people bash Sonic but I love him too. I used to collect the comics when I was a kid and sunk plenty of hours into his games. Knuckles would be so cool!! It never even crossed my mind that the wall cling would fit perfect! If he was like...a playable Knuckle Joe, that'd be wicked. I love Tails too, but I think Knuckles would be a better Smash Character!

I think you're completely right, haha like I don't know WHY everyone is like "SHADOW" everytime someone brings up Sonic characters. I mean, I love him as a character but there's not any reason for him, they should just do what they did with Wario and make it an alternate for sure. They probably won't, but that'd be cool! I'm really glad that we might get a smash with Mario, Sonic AND Mega Man. That's like...three of the biggest platformers ever!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Totally behind that, they're overdue for a new F-Zero character, and Impa would be a really cool character as a replacement for Sheik! I actually haven't heard that one yet. I'd love to see King K. Rool too, and Ridley again, but he's probably too big to ever be made as a character, but I'd definitely love to see him as a boss again if nothing else, I love Metroid!

and I actually am starting to think we'll see Mewtwo people really want him and from what I hear Sakurai said he was thinking about it, but that's just a rumor I suppose.

Good Ideas!

Yeah, the Mewtwo thing actually isn't a rumor; Sakurai said that after the Pokemon roundtable when people asked Junuchi Masuda about Mewtwo's new form, and he wouldn't say anything. Apparently everyone turned to Sakurai and he said "We're thinking about it."

As for Ridley, re-sizing is easy to do with any character. It's understandable if you think he's an epic boss, but just know he has so many fans it doesn't make sense that he's not on the same level as Ganon or Bowser (The same thing goes for K. Rool, but he's easier to understand for the size people) However, Ridley has had so many size changes over the years (and even changed sizes three times in Brawl) that it would be easy to fix.

As a side note, since you're new and may not have known, Sakurai directly addressed Ridley in a Nintendo Power interview after Brawl, saying and I quote, "I think that'd be pretty impossible, *laughs* but if we put our best effort into it, we might be able to. Although he may be a little slow, is that OK?"

As we've seen, Sakurai can change his opinion on characters as well between games. Case and point is Villager whom he said he didn't think really fit with the violent motif of Smash.

So yeah.

Edit: Oh, and I'd watch out on the multi-posting. Double or triple posting is a forum no-go!

Chrom!! that's his name! Yeah I'd love to see him, even if he's just a reskinned Marth or Ike. haha it seems like a lot of people want Shulk and Ghirahim. You think we'll see some Skyward Sword characters even though it's Link from Twilight Princess?? I'm not actually sure who a couple of those people are, but Robin sounds pretty wicked haha I don't think he'll be in it, but that's a neat idea. I think we'll probably see Little Mac
Well Link is a mix of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, so that might be what we see in the Zelda characters. For Zelda, Ghirahim, and Ganondorf.

Isa Jo is from Sin & Punishment Star Successor, Andy is from the Advance Wars series, and Adult Isaac/Matthew are from Golden Sun Dark Dawn.

Robin would be a good choice to bring in a new class for Fire Emblem. Marth would be the sword only user (1 weapon). Robin would be the mage sword user (2 weapons). And Chrom would be the multi-weapon user (3 weapons - Sword, Lance, & Bow).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't really like arguing, but I'm just going to say if you think Chrom is going to use anything but Falchion, you're just going to be disappointed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Confirmed Newcomers:
Mega Man
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer

Possible Newcomers Who I Think Are Likely:
Chrom
Dixie Kong
Impa :troll:
King K. Rool
Little Mac
Mewtwo Éclair Forme :troll:
Mii
Pac-Man
Palutena
Ridley
Shulk
Takamaru
Toad
Waddle Dee
Zoroark

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the Mewtwo thing actually isn't a rumor; Sakurai said that after the Pokemon roundtable when people asked Junuchi Masuda about Mewtwo's new form, and he wouldn't say anything. Apparently everyone turned to Sakurai and he said "We're thinking about it."

As for Ridley, re-sizing is easy to do with any character. It's understandable if you think he's an epic boss, but just know he has so many fans it doesn't make sense that he's not on the same level as Ganon or Bowser (The same thing goes for K. Rool, but he's easier to understand for the size people) However, Ridley has had so many size changes over the years (and even changed sizes three times in Brawl) that it would be easy to fix.

As a side note, since you're new and may not have known, Sakurai directly addressed Ridley in a Nintendo Power interview after Brawl, saying and I quote, "I think that'd be pretty impossible, *laughs* but if we put our best effort into it, we might be able to. Although he may be a little slow, is that OK?"

As we've seen, Sakurai can change his opinion on characters as well between games. Case and point is Villager whom he said he didn't think really fit with the violent motif of Smash.

So yeah.

Edit: Oh, and I'd watch out on the multi-posting. Double or triple posting is a forum no-go!

Oh, Oops!! haha I didn't really know the protocol, I'll try not to do that haha I just liked a lot of what everyone had to offer.
I think Ridley would be way cool, I just didn't know how that would really work, but I suppose you're right when you consider that
like pretty much every bad guy in Nintendo's history changes size a lot haha in Sunshine, Bowser was like Godzilla chilling in his hottub haha

thanks for the quotes by that way! Totally makes my day to get some new info, especially things from Sakurai

I don't really like arguing, but I'm just going to say if you think Chrom is going to use anything but Falchion, you're just going to be disappointed.
Is it set in stone that he must only use the Falchion though?

Also that is just my thoughts from my current roster choices.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

You don't think it's possible that he'd get a special that uses one of his projectile weapons? It doesn't seem so far-fetched to me, especially if they're trying to differentiate the swordlords (which, hopefully, they will be).

In any case, if you're going for a true multi-weapon user, I think you'd have to go for someone who doesn't have such an iconic primary weapon such as the Falchion.

Yeah! A lot of people bash Sonic but I love him too. I used to collect the comics when I was a kid and sunk plenty of hours into his games. Knuckles would be so cool!! It never even crossed my mind that the wall cling would fit perfect! If he was like...a playable Knuckle Joe, that'd be wicked. I love Tails too, but I think Knuckles would be a better Smash Character!

I think you're completely right, haha like I don't know WHY everyone is like "SHADOW" everytime someone brings up Sonic characters. I mean, I love him as a character but there's not any reason for him, they should just do what they did with Wario and make it an alternate for sure. They probably won't, but that'd be cool! I'm really glad that we might get a smash with Mario, Sonic AND Mega Man. That's like...three of the biggest platformers ever!

Impa replacing Sheik is a touchy subject here, hence the troll face. I created the actual Impa thread on Smash boards, but I no longer condone replacing Sheik, simply because almost every other removed veteran has caused an uproar to bring them back (except Pichu and not as much for Dr. Mario). And, heck, I like Sheik. I just don't like Sheik and Zelda.

Hopefully Sonic in Smash will feel good to play as... he probably is my least-favorite character to play in Brawl. I certainly don't think Shadow is suitable for anything but an alternate costume/color palette. Tails is the second-most iconic good guy, so he seems like the obvious choice for a Sonic secondary, unless they want to focus on adding villains (Eggman).

All that being said, I don't think we'll be seeing second characters for third-party franchises.

I don't know... there is the off chance that Link will use the Biggoron's Sword instead of the Master Sword. :troll:
Oh ha ha ha

But really he would use the Falchion, but would that be the only thing he uses? Chrom is open to other weapons, like bows and lances.

It makes sense for Marth to only use a sword, because he only does. But Chrom doesn't.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Is it set in stone that he must only use the Falchion though?

Also that is just my thoughts from my current roster choices.

It's true that he may use other weapons in his A-moves, but I'm just not convinced they're going that angle. Granted, it would be a great way to differentiate him from Marth and Ike who are already almost entirely different from one another. I'm going to put that in the maybe pile for Chrom right now. He's going to use Falchion/E. Falchion most of the time though, because it's literally the symbol of the game.

Now, to actually respond to the topic fo real:

My most wanted Newcomers (In this order):

Banjo. Sigh.
K. Rool
Little Mac
Takamaru
Ridley
Dixie
Mask Link
Simon Belmont
Ghirahim
Ridley
Funky
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr.

Who I think is likely:

Little Mac
Ridley
K. Rool
Takamaru
Dixie
Chrom
Paper Mario or Bowser Jr.
Isaac
Mii's. Ugh.
Pac-Man Ugh.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh ha ha ha

But really he would use the Falchion, but would that be the only thing he uses? Chrom is open to other weapons, like bows and lances.

It makes sense for Marth to only use a sword, because he only does. But Chrom doesn't.
We don't even know if Chrom is in. I doubt that they would limit him too severely though. I mean Link and Pit pull out their bows. So Chrom might get his. The lance seems a little iffy. I think they will be careful when developing Chrom if they do him. The Fire Emblem characters already have the stigma of being sword only. So Chrom might be doing some different stuff this time around. ESPECIALLY if they decide to keep Ike. :)

We don't even know if Chrom is in. I doubt that they would limit him too severely though. I mean Link and Pit pull out their bows. So Chrom might get his. The lance seems a little iffy. I think they will be careful when developing Chrom if they do him. The Fire Emblem characters already have the stigma of being sword only. So Chrom might be doing some different stuff this time around. ESPECIALLY if they decide to keep Ike. :)
So maybe this?

Marth with only a sword while Chrom has a sword/bow and Robin has a sword/magic.

Keeping it to two for Robin and Chrom.

But if Ike stays give him an axe.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
This thread seems pretty redundant with the roster discussion thread...

I only put it up because the other threads seemed to be far more specific than I really wanted to get into. I wanted to hear peoples thoughts on maybe final smashes or movesets for the characters they wanted to see, or lol like it turned out to be just who people want to see, and who they think they'll see. It probably is a little redundant, but there's like a million threads anyways haha so it doesn't really matter where you go. sometimes the less cluttered ones are cool.

I only put it up because the other threads seemed to be far more specific than I really wanted to get into. I wanted to hear peoples thoughts on maybe final smashes or movesets for the characters they wanted to see, or lol like it turned out to be just who people want to see, and who they think they'll see. It probably is a little redundant, but there's like a million threads anyways haha so it doesn't really matter where you go. sometimes the less cluttered ones are cool.
I will definitely think of some Final Smash ideas

Morbi

Scavenger
Masked Link. He could have his Fierce Deity Final Smash. He wouldn't be unrealistic like a lot of people demand. I do not think having all 3 masks is probable or plausible. However, he could just have his Deku form. It would be like Sheik in a way with the down special transforming him into his Deku Mask form.

Obviously he would still have his spin (maybe as a dashing normal). His neutral special could be a sap ball that is chargeable. His up special could be the deku flower launch. His directional smash could be like Mario's but instead of a fireball he has his sap ball. His up smash could be a swag uppercut. We don't have too many uppercuts in SSB. His down smash could be hitting people with his musical instrument. Or he could play a song and the sound waves knock players away. He can also do that epic jump noise when he is on water while he is trying to recover.

One of his taunts could be Kamaro's mask, my personal favorite. Here is a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PYS9Yzrsro

Sakurai also stated that he likes to have a younger Link on the roster. So maybe they would be willing to just do Deku Link without the human form. I don't really care. I just think he would be awesome. Skullkid's chances are shot becasue of Giriham's conception. I don't know. Fans have wanted Masked Link ever since they did Pokemon Trainer. He just isn't practical. So it might be more feasible to have just Deku Link. The young Link would cease to be a clone! :colorful:

I don't really think he will make it. So I didn't include him in my first list. But he definitively has potential (in my mind).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wonder what retro characters we will get this time.

Little Mac doesn't really count as a retro since his Wii game re-debut. So there's probably going to be other choices:

Balloon Fighter/Kid? Duck Hunt dog? Mach Rider? Tamagon/Devil? Donbe/Hikari? Fighter Hayabusa?
The library is HUGE and I'm barely scratching the surface. But I'd be really down for a couple of retro characters. And hopefully the cap is 4 slots per franchise.

If there is ONE thing PSASBR did right, was represent ONE character per franchise. . . ... (until Zeus came along and ruined the party) ((Evil/Good Cole were just clones of each other, and it was either that, or none of them made it in)).

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I had the thought on including four characters, and a reasonable rationale behind them: Takamaru, Little Mac, Mike Jones, and Sukapon.

Little Mac and Takamaru are multi-region (meaning they have had games and/or exposure both in the Western and Japanese gaming markets), and they both respectively represent the Western (boxer) and Japanese (Samurai) worlds. Both are also retro franchises that have recently experienced a revival (unless I have my facts wrong about Takamaru's series). I am aware that that one GameFAQs leak-rumor thing is likely not true, but what the guy mentioned about (in his words) Sakurai's reason for including the two of them is because it'd represent an East-meets-West feel, or something to that effect, and despite the rumor probably being total BS now, that still stood out as a good reason to include both.

Mike Jones and Sukapon, however, are the same but in the opposite way: both characters were respectively developed by a Western and Japanese studio and never released outside of that region. While they do not necessarily represent the Western and Japanese worlds as Little Mac and Takamaru do, what they do represent is something new, something as of yet never seen before in the other market (such as with Ness and the Fire Emblem characters in 64/Melee). And, to top it off, they are both retro franchises as well, except they haven't experienced a revival, but just as with Mother/Earthbound, Kid Icarus, and to a lesser extent Punch Out! (due to Little Mac being an assist trophy), including them in SM4SH would lead to interest as well as introducing them to new fans in the other market who may have never have known they existed, possibly enough to warrant localizing their games in the other markets, and even making a new Star Tropics/Joy Mech Fight game, both leading to even more exposure and interest in them (ala Fire Emblem for the former and Kid Icarus for the latter).

So that's my reasoning, and both sets serve as a foil and rival to each other. I would be very pleased to see all four in SM4SH, though unfortunately, it is relatively unlikely.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wonder what retro characters we will get this time.

Little Mac doesn't really count as a retro since his Wii game re-debut. So there's probably going to be other choices:

Balloon Fighter/Kid? Duck Hunt dog? Mach Rider? Tamagon/Devil? Donbe/Hikari? Fighter Hayabusa?
The library is HUGE and I'm barely scratching the surface. But I'd be really down for a couple of retro characters. And hopefully the cap is 4 slots per franchise.

If there is ONE thing PSASBR did right, was represent ONE character per franchise. . . ... (until Zeus came along and ruined the party) ((Evil/Good Cole were just clones of each other, and it was either that, or none of them made it in)).
I don't want to be that guy... but PSASBR didn't do things right. I mean the clones were unnecessary. Evil Cole could have easily been his costume. So that is 2 franchises that are over represented. SSB is fine. Zelda/Mario/Pokemon might have a lot of roster slots. However, they are much more popular than some of the other franchises in the game. Metroid or Mother/Earthbound to name a few. I mean in all reality there aren't too many popular Nintendo franchises. No doubt they series that are popular are super popular. There just aren't too many. It wouldn't be right to only have 1 or 2 Zelda/Mario/Pokemon characters. At the same time it isn't necessary to balance each franchise.

In terms of retro fighters? I have enough. I do not want too many characters that I cant relate to. IC, GW, and R.O.B were enough for me. In fact, I was hoping that they would be the first to be cut. I am hoping Little Mac and Takamaru are the retro characters we get. I also hope they are the last.

This is just my opinion btw.

Why do people want Mike Jones?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Correction THIS Mike

(I tend not to call him Mike Jones, so it's either MICHAEL Jones, or just Mike, to avoid the seemingly innevitable rapper reference)

But anyway. At least Game & Watch was a whole system in itself, but Ice Climbers was really just a one-shot game.. kind of testing grounds for what would become Mario Bros. arcade. (IMO Balloon Fight was a much better multiplayer experience than Ice Climbers)

But we all grew to love them either way. Besides, there'll be PLENTY of characters to relate to (as if 80% of Brawl newcomers didn't appeal to nearly every popular demand, sans Ridley (which got in as 2 BOSSES at least)).
Diddy Kong, Metaknight, Dedede, Ike, Lucario, Olimar, "WW Link", they were all there.

Not sure what exactly they could add from these known series to over-accomplish what Brawl already accomplished (again, Ridley does need to appear) but I guess I relate to the older games since I've been stuck to 8-bit NIntendo games most of my life. (Nes, GBC)

But to each their own I guess. I just hope we don't get like 8 Marios, 8 Zelda characters, 8 Pokemon, and 4 Metroid characters before at least 1 or 2 old IPs are brought back. :D

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Correction THIS Mike

(I tend not to call him Mike Jones, so it's either MICHAEL Jones, or just Mike, to avoid the seemingly innevitable rapper reference)

But anyway. At least Game & Watch was a whole system in itself, but Ice Climbers was really just a one-shot game.. kind of testing grounds for what would become Mario Bros. arcade. (IMO Balloon Fight was a much better multiplayer experience than Ice Climbers)

But we all grew to love them either way. Besides, there'll be PLENTY of characters to relate to (as if 80% of Brawl newcomers didn't appeal to nearly every popular demand, sans Ridley (which got in as 2 BOSSES at least)).
Diddy Kong, Metaknight, Dedede, Ike, Lucario, Olimar, "WW Link", they were all there.

Not sure what exactly they could add from these known series to over-accomplish what Brawl already accomplished (again, Ridley does need to appear) but I guess I relate to the older games since I've been stuck to 8-bit NIntendo games most of my life. (Nes, GBC)

But to each their own I guess. I just hope we don't get like 8 Marios, 8 Zelda characters, 8 Pokemon, and 4 Metroid characters before at least 1 or 2 old IPs are brought back. :D

Yeah I think you're right. I love Mario and Zelda especially, but there's not really any reason to have like 8 characters from each series when most of them are clones anyways. I would just prefer that they do alternate costumes if they're going to do that. I like the retro characters, although I don't think we'll see Balloon fighter, because I think that's the Villagers recovery move, but I think we could stand to see some more retro characters.

I'm just really excited. Even though a lot of people hated Subspace Emissary, I loved it, and I'll miss it, but a new "campaign" would be pretty sweet, especially if characters get their own unique bosses, like Yellow Devil, or maybe Kraid for Samus, or Demise or...you get the point. I think that'd be cool and that'd be more than enough representation for some series.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah I think you're right. I love Mario and Zelda especially, but there's not really any reason to have like 8 characters from each series when most of them are clones anyways. I would just prefer that they do alternate costumes if they're going to do that. I like the retro characters, although I don't think we'll see Balloon fighter, because I think that's the Villagers recovery move, but I think we could stand to see some more retro characters.

I'm just really excited. Even though a lot of people hated Subspace Emissary, I loved it, and I'll miss it, but a new "campaign" would be pretty sweet, especially if characters get their own unique bosses, like Yellow Devil, or maybe Kraid for Samus, or Demise or...you get the point. I think that'd be cool and that'd be more than enough representation for some series.
If each character got their own unique boss... Ridley's chances would be killed/destroyed/massacred/decimated/murdered/slaughtered/dismembered/eviscerated/really morbid things... twice over.
R.I.P Ridley!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If each character got their own unique boss... Ridley's chances would be killed/destroyed/massacred/decimated/murdered/slaughtered/dismembered/eviscerated/really morbid things... twice over.
R.I.P Ridley!
What about Kraid? There's no telling if we got a boss stage using Kraid's Lair stage from Melee, with the slight tweak that you CAN (and have) to defeat Kraid.

Now THAT'S huge.

Morbi

Scavenger
What about Kraid? There's no telling if we got a boss stage using Kraid's Lair stage from Melee, with the slight tweak that you CAN (and have) to defeat Kraid.

Now THAT'S huge.
I don't know. I think they would just use Ridley as an excuse. I mean they already cited that it would be difficult to make him playable. So I think if they were doing a boss for everyone we would just get Ridley for the ease of everything. I have nothing against Kraid though. Who would Ridley's boss be? Samus? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom