• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Warzone Stop Motion Trailer

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
The cast of Super Smash Bros. must face off against the forces of evil weeaboo trash in this epic series. Can Mario overcome the temptation to purchase a body pillow? Can Sonic resist the urge to become obsessed with a mostly uninteresting part of a country's culture, labeling it as the most crucial element of that country's media? Will Luigi hold back the temptation to inseminate his favorite pillow?

Last edited:

NOKAUBURE

Smash Apprentice
The style is good but the weapons that some anime characters carry are out of place... for example when hatsune miku wears 2 heavy guns?

Would be better a video like this but only with nintendo characters, or atleast characters that fit more in the smash universe.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Guts vs Link? Awesome.

In all seriousness, the whole point of this video seems to be about pitting Smash Bros characters against Anime characters. I don't see anything wrong with that premise.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Guts vs Link? Awesome.

In all seriousness, the whole point of this video seems to be about pitting Smash Bros characters against Anime characters. I don't see anything wrong with that premise.
It has its niche. I'd just prefer for it to be just Smash Bros.

That and calling it Smash and having a bunch of non-Smash stuff sorta rubs me the wrong way.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Nice vid a lot of effort must have been put into it, but DK and Falcon are missing :^)
They are still working on Falcon's knee-motion capture ;)...
Love this work, and I'll definitly watch some when the rest comes out, but the whole I'll-hit-you-oh-no-there-is-someone-else-blocking-me-oh-no-there's-another-and-another was kinda repetitive and annoying, hope they don't use that in future episodes.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I think it was good stop-motion work, but putting in some of the most annoying, weeaboo anime vocaloid characters next to video game characters is a bit of an insult imo. Also this may seem hypocritical since I'm into FE, the thing is, I was into FE before it started going somewhat weeaboo and turned into a waifu selecter.

Edit: At least Guts was there, or I assume it was Guts form Berserk.
What weeaboo waifu crap? The series died in New Mystery of the Emblem.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
What weeaboo waifu crap? The series died in New Mystery of the Emblem.
Are you talking about the original or the remake? Also it didn't die, it's not what I'm saying, I'm just saying it is turning into a weeaboo waifu selecter, because most of the new fans can't appreciate what actually matters in the game.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Are you talking about the original or the remake? Also it didn't die, it's not what I'm saying, I'm just saying it is turning into a weeaboo waifu selecter, because most of the new fans can't appreciate what actually matters in the game.
New Mystery is FE12, MYSTERY is FE3. And what actually matters in Awakening/Fates? The only thing that matters is what is your favorite fetish. Nothing else matters. The characters are all one-dimensional and stupid, both plots are implausible, stupid, holed, convenience happy and cheaply tied, the meaning of permadeath and weapon management was ******, the music is unmemorable, and the map design sucks.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
New Mystery is FE12, MYSTERY is FE3. And what actually matters in Awakening/Fates? The only thing that matters is what is your favorite fetish. Nothing else matters. The characters are all one-dimensional and stupid, both plots are implausible, stupid, holed, convenience happy and cheaply tied, the meaning of permadeath and weapon management was ******, the music is unmemorable, and the map design sucks.
Your point is kind of valid, but it isn't entirely fair either. Weapon management pretty much feels the same as any other FE game, so there shouldn't be a problem there. If characters feels one-dimensional, then you're not wrong, some characters felt a bit like that, though Henry is in the japanese version not one-dimensional, the feeling probably comes from the huge amount of content so some things were rushed. Permadeath was a choice you could make by choosing casual or hardcore, not that hard and is the same as others. The music was eh, but it wasn't bad and it fit the feelings of the game, and some songs were memorable i.e. id purpose. The plot was actually very good and unique compared to all others, never was there a story in the series to have time travel and is represented pretty well throughout the story based on events that you do prevent the future. The plot didn't feel implausible either, it made sense in the goal it wanted to achieve. Though I do have to agree, map design was pretty bad in the game and so was the difficulty scaling. But it isn't a bad game, and is one of the best ones imo, unlike Sacred Stones, which is still good, just not challenging or too in-depth.

Speed Stick 2400

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpeedStick2400
3DS FC
4699-7838-3944
I can't stand you guys, half of the characters in this trailer aren't even Anime. Vocaloid isn't Anime and some of the other characters aren't even from Anime, they're from legitimate Video Games, just crappy ones like Kantai Collection. you know why is kantai collection even popular? it's really boring, uninteresting and bland. it's your generic, formulaic 2010s japanese game like hyperdimension neptunia. besides the bug-eyed characters that everyone lusts for, the gameplay is terri-
So I watched this. From the Thumbnail, this post's opening image and the whole concept of "stop-motion", I was pretty excited. Stop-motion Videos aren't always that good, not everyone can do everything good, but I was optimistic about this.
Until I saw Hatsune Miku. Why? Nobody wants the feeling of moe characters while playing Super Smash Bros., so why? Why put a bunch of Vocaloid and KanColle characters next to the likes of Mario and Zelda characters?
I also don't like how the name of the trailer is "New Challengers Approaching!". I suppose this means they're going to be center characters of this new series? I assure you, this would all be fine if it weren't for the fact this is Super Smash Bros., the game about Nintendo fighting characters with a few guest characters which appeared on Nintendo consoles tons of times before? And even those characters originated from Video games? It's almost as if some kid found an Amazing World of Gumball doll and Hestia Nendoroid on the street and decided to make them fight with a bunch of Nintendo toys. Except that's not Smash Bros.; Call it something else if you're going to throw in all of these random characters from Video Games that never even appeared on a Nintendo console. I can understand Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon, because they're identifiable characters unlike Miku who's from a computer program, and Shimakaze which is from a WEB BROWSER GAME. You might as well add other characters from browser games like Steve from Minecraft and a FarmVille avatar.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
The remake since he said New, and he believes that the series doesn't exist afterwards, because FE13 really turned the series in the wrong direction.

I tried voting with my wallet, it obviously didn't help as we got FE14.

Lord_Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fogottenknight
3DS FC
2509-2089-2582
I'm all for anime in most cases but throwing anime girls in there makes it feel like a bad fan fiction where the author is trying to fit all his waifus in more than anything worth watching. If it was just smash characters I'd give it a chance as the stop animation is actually pretty good. I can't take something where sonic is fighting hatsune miku and that one girl from kantai collection seriously though.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I'm all for anime in most cases but throwing anime girls in there makes it feel like a bad fan fiction where the author is trying to fit all his waifus in more than anything worth watching. If it was just smash characters I'd give it a chance as the stop animation is actually pretty good. I can't take something where sonic is fighting hatsune miku and that one girl from kantai collection seriously though.
None of this is anime. In style they are, but they are from vocaloid or some weeaboo game.

Lord_Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fogottenknight
3DS FC
2509-2089-2582
None of this is anime. In style they are, but they are from vocaloid or some weeaboo game.
Believe me man I know, I'm very much an otaku. I was referring to their style, hatsune miku looks like she's from an anime (and there is a kantai collection anime so I wasn't exactly wrong). I was just lumping them all into one category because they all just look out of place fighting smash characters.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Believe me man I know, I'm very much an otaku. I was referring to their style, hatsune miku looks like she's from an anime (and there is a kantai collection anime so I wasn't exactly wrong). I was just lumping them all into one category because they all just look out of place fighting smash characters.
Fair enough.

Top Bottom