• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Ultimate list of confirmed and unconfirmed stages updated as of 11.3.18

What Stages do you wanna see come back. (Unlimited Voting)

• Planet Zebes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Sector Z

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Mushroom Kingdom

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Poke Floats

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Mute City

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Icicle Mountain

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Rumble Falls

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • PictoChat

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Rainbow Road

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Pac-Maze

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Whooly World

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Jungle Hijinxs

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Pyrosphere

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Orbital Gate Assault

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Miiverse

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed
Unconfirmed

Other
Flat Zone and Flat Zone 2 are combined into Flat Zone X.

I believe that is all of them. Let me know if I mixed up some info and I will fix it ASAP. I will update this al the way till the launch date. Take care everyone!

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of these lists going around, but I like the way this one's laid out. The only thing I will say is add in a few line breaks where the text spills over to a new line such as Prism Tower and Flat Zone 2. Also, you have Lylat Cruise under both Confirmed and Unconfirmed stages. It is confirmed.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of these lists going around, but I like the way this one's laid out. The only thing I will say is add in a few line breaks where the text spills over to a new line such as Prism Tower and Flat Zone 2. Also, you have Lylat Cruise under both Confirmed and Unconfirmed stages. It is confirmed.
Thank you. I fixed it.

You listed Yoshi's Island Melee in both Confirmed and Unconfirmed. It's still unconfirmed
Thank you. I fixed it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Great list, but I'd put an * on PictoChat

We don't know which one is back, or if it's a new one that combines both (hopefully the latter)

Now with that said, Pirate Ship is pretty much the only good stage from Brawl not in yet. Rumble Falls, Mario Bros and Hanenbow. I have no interest in seeing back

Brawl has gotten a lot of love in terms of returning stages.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You’ve also listed Mushroom Kingdom from Melee and Brinstar Deprhs on both lists. Those are also still (sadly) unconfirmed stages.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Brinstar Depths appears in both Confirmed & Unconfirmed. You should read your post again so your post will be worth to read (no offense).

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So 34 missing stages, five from 64, eight from Melee, six from Brawl, six from 3DS, and nine from Wii U. It would be nuts if they didn't bring so many back and left a few. 28 stages returned collectively in Wii U & Nintendo 3DS from Brawl (18), Melee (6), & 64 (4), 10 stages returned in Brawl (all from Melee), and 3 returned in Melee, obviously from 64. Compare that to a whopping 80 confirmed to return for Ultimate, I'd be very surprised if they left out any stages in this game, especially since of the ones unconfirmed, six of them have returned in past titles, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Pirate Ship, and Flat Zone 2 (turned X in Wii U). And Pirate Ship and Poke Floats are the only stages unconfirmed for two of Nintendo's biggest franchises that have had all their other stages confirmed to return. Of the ones missing, I'm hoping Sector Z, Mushroom Kingdom (64), Yoshi's Island, Brinstar Depths, Poke Floats, Mute City (Melee), Mario Bros., Rainbow Road, Paper Mario, Dream Land (3DS), Mute City (3DS), Orbital Gate Assault, and Gamer make a return. Here's hoping tomorrow's Direct will shed light on the situation of returning stages and whether or not they'll all be returning for this game like the characters.

Oh, and 3D Land is confirmed to be returning from 3DS.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I updated the list. Everything should be accurate. I looked at multiple lists and triple checked. Enjoy!

18 stages missing

Brinstar Depths appears in both Confirmed & Unconfirmed. You should read your post again so your post will be worth to read (no offense).
Everything is updated.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So many stages that can be used for the competive scene...so many stages for all to have fun in...and so much beauty

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Why is Meta Crystal being counted and why are the Flat Zones there? They're combined into Flat Zone X

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Mastermiine Mastermiine I added spoiler tags to your list because I thought it looked better and was more convenient.

You can copy/paste this into your original post. Or don't, it's your list.
Confirmed

Unconfirmed

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
With only 18 missing at this point, it would be kind of silly NOT to just have all of them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why did they add Pac Land and not Pac Maze?

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Eh Isn’t there talks aboot a mincraft stage eh?

Might as well put the last two 3ds stages in, bad stages they are not hm
I hope so also! Never played the 3DS stages before. Rainbow Road is one I wanted the most to come back!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So here's an interesting thing I noticed on the official website. In case you all haven't been on there lately, they updated the site to have stages, items, and modes that were confirmed in yesterday's direct along with the newcomers and new videos including the direct itself. The stages, all 103 confirmed ones, are on there with the layouts and updated graphics of the new game and they all look amazing! Of those, a bunch have had their names changed since a lot of past stages share names with each other. For example, there are two Yoshi's Story stages in Smash, the original from N64 and Melee's version. The original is now called Super Happy Tree instead. Likewise, there are two Mario Circuit stages, one from Brawl and one for Wii U. Now the Brawl Mario Circuit is called Figure-8 Circuit. Here's the interesting thing, there are two Mute City stages in Smash history, one from Melee and one from 3DS. The 3DS one was the only one of these two confirmed and Melee's was based on F-Zero X's version and 3DS was based on the SNES version. However, if the 3DS version, the SNES version, is the only one confirmed to appear, how come its being called Mute City SNES on the official website? If the Melee version isn't showing up, shouldn't it just be called Mute City? Maybe I'm looking to deep into things, but its interesting nonetheless...

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Mute city melee dlc? More than 103 stages? Or it got canceled
I hope so also! Never played the 3DS stages before. Rainbow Road is one I wanted the most to come back!
Why wouldn’t you, Rainbow Road is Nice to look at, andwith great music,

Also for PAC maze it’s much better than pac land

Last edited:

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I'm sure that this isn't the final Stage Select Screen. Don't you guys forget about Stage Builder & Custom Stages ? It isn't the final SSS but just a placeholder like they did for the E3 Demo version. Also, there are a void at the bottom that hint that there are more stages to be announced. There will be more characters added to the roster so of course they won't show us EVERY stages we would get in the game. Otherwise it would ruins the announcements of the said characters.

We would get new stages but I doubt there will be more returning stage, sadly.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
So the with now 108 being a new number do you think that is the new max amount or do you think that there will be more than 108? What top five stages do you wanna see back?

Is there any stage you don't wanna see back.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I think "EVERYWHERE IS HERE" is gonna happen.
They did confirmed not all stages would come back. Hope that means all but miime verse since that is dead.

Unless, they will save all 15 for dlc, but I don't know if they would add that much for DLC

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I just want Woolly World to return. With it being very unlikely (unfortunately) for Yoshi to get a newcomer, I'd settle for at least getting all of his stages from previous games back. But if I had to cut one, I'd probably have cut the Melee Yoshi's Island one, but that one's already back, so...

Other than that I'd like Melee Mute City and 3DS Rainbow Road, and 2 new stages for 2 possible newcomers. But if I had to fill the list up to 5, I'd add Melee Poké Floats and Smash 64 Planet Zebes to complete the N64 stages. (Yes I know Sector Z is still left, but I personally always saw Corneria as being that stage in updated form, so as far as I'm concerned it'd be complete once Smash 64 Planet Zebes returns.) Whatever the case, Woolly World would be top priority for me regarding returning stages. With the new Yoshi game coming out and having a somewhat similar aesthetic, I don't really see the reasoning for not bringing this back for that matter.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I just want Woolly World to return. With it being very unlikely (unfortunately) for Yoshi to get a newcomer, I'd settle for at least getting all of his stages from previous games back. But if I had to cut one, I'd probably have cut the Melee Yoshi's Island one, but that one's already back, so...

Other than that I'd like Melee Mute City and 3DS Rainbow Road, and 2 new stages for 2 possible newcomers. But if I had to fill the list up to 5, I'd add Melee Poké Floats and Smash 64 Planet Zebes to complete the N64 stages. (Yes I know Sector Z is still left, but I personally always saw Corneria as being that stage in updated form, so as far as I'm concerned it'd be complete once Smash 64 Planet Zebes returns.) Whatever the case, Woolly World would be top priority for me regarding returning stages. With the new Yoshi game coming out and having a somewhat similar aesthetic, I don't really see the reasoning for not bringing this back for that matter.
Maybe we will get lucky and see wholly world with a yarn Yoshi echo

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Whooly World? I didn't know that was a stage.

Anyways, I think I have stated my opinion in a previous thread, but the only stage I want back in some fashion is PictoChat. It plays way differently from PictoChat 2 as a drawings are vastly different. Even if they're fused into one, I would be happy, but it gives me nostalgia of a Smash Brawl stage I played on all the time. For the sole purpose of the simplistic variants, I also want Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 back. I guess Woolly World wouldn't be a bad pick to return either, but I personally wouldn't play on it if it did come back as it feels too dynamic and gimmicky when the camera rises above the floor level.
Why did they add Pac Land and not Pac Maze?
To answer your question, Pac-Maze had a feature where the Ghosts would turn dark blue and be consumable on one person's screen but not everyone's screen. This worked before because it was the 3DS version, so everyone had to have a device and a copy of the game to play. This obviously isn't compatible with a Smash game that takes place on one screen in a number of cases, so it was cut, and Pac-Land was put in its place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom