• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Super Smash Bros. Tournament and Twitch Meetup

Super Smash Bros. Tournament and Twitch Meetup
Posted by Raiden253
Virtual Sports
Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Raiden253

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm a new user here this is my first tournament I'm posting on this site. All the information will be posted below. There a couple of things I have to say first i am not the organizer of this tournament I'm just helping these guys out spread the word of the tournament there hosting. Hopefully all the information down below will answer your questions. Also i would appreciate the feedback to and if you want to see if this is legit check out Virtual Sports Facebook page and go to the Event tab.
Details​
Saturday, December 10th at 3pm, visit Virtual Sports (VS) for a Super Smash Bros. Wii U 2v2 and 1v1 tournament! VS will also be hosting it's monthly twitch meetup the same day which is free for all to attend and socialize! VS offers Laser Tag, Nerf Arena, and Virtual Reality Experiences! Plenty of options for friends and family.

PUBLIC OPEN TOURNAMENT ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME

Pricing:
Twitch Meetup is Free to Attend
Tournament Venue fee is $5
All smash events are $5 per person to enter ($10 per team).
100% of bracket fees go towards the prize pools

If you can bring a Wii U setup please do so! We need help from the players to run the event in an efficient manner. A Wii U must have smash updated to Patch 1.1.6, a Gamecube adapter and all Smash Wii U DLC characters and legal stages unlocked/purchased. VS has access to a few monitors so if you can at least bring a Wii U it’d be a huge help. If you can supply a Wii U setup with all DLC and a GameCube adapter for the tournament then your door fee will be waived. Please label all your items. Mistakes happen but don’t let them happen to you.

Schedule of Events:
Setup and Warm Ups start at 3pm
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Doubles 4pm
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 1v1 5pm
Virtual Sports Twitch Meetup 6pm
Venue closes at midnight feel free to hang out!

Event will be streamed to twitch.tv/VirtualSports by Dylan James Cook and Luis Antonio Galindez
We are looking for commentators, contact Dylan James Cook or Luis Antonio Galindez for details

Payouts are as follows:
Under 32 Entrants:
1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

Over 32 Entrants:
1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 10%

Tournament Rules:
DPOG: Genesis 3 rulesets excluding the neutral starts ban.
http://www.genesisgaming.gg/wiiurules/

Additional Rules:
-Bring your own controller
-LABEL ALL YOUR ITEMS. MISTAKES HAPPEN, BUT DON'T LET THEM HAPPEN TO YOU.
-We prefer that you bring a gamecube controller for Smash Wii U, but will be accepting 3DS, and wii remotes as well.
-Listen for your matches. Don't be late to any of your matches, or risk disqualification.
-Refrain from playing Friendlies until there is space available. The TO has the right to kick you off at any time or disqualify you for repeated offenses.
-If you do not report to your match within 5 minutes of it being called you are subject to disqualification from the entire bracket. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Top Bottom