• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Switch Announced for 2018!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I'm wondering if Smash Switch will be able to connect with the 3DS version? (seeing as it's been confirmed that Nintendo plans on supporting the 3DS long after 2018!)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
A moment of silence for those who don't have the Switch.
Which includes me, I might get one if the price drops around Christmas time this year!

I hope we don't get any new DLC content this time around! (But that Breath of the Wild Link is dropping those hopes down, (unless he's replacing the Skyward Sword Link tunic)!

Nah, the 3DS will be dead by 2020.
They stated that the 3DS will be around long after 2018 has ended (and well into the 2020s), they are in full support of the system right now (granted I won't be shocked if we get a new handheld system by 2020)!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Why? Nintendo can easily now come up with better graphics and function at the same size now. Why stick with an “old” console? It’d be better to port all popular 3DS games to the switch and make only Switch games, or make a 4DS, or XDS.
Because Nintendo knows that not everyone in the whole world owns a Switch system (most are still playing their 3DS systems simply because they lack the money to buy a Switch), I still own the first 3DS system from 2011 when it first came out! And I have no reason to upgrade at all right now! (although the Switch Smash might make me want to update my 3DS to the New version, if the New 3DS gets a similar port)!

If anything the New 3DS system might be able to support the Switch version of Smash (but not the older model), just as well as it did for Smash on the Wii U!

And judging by what's going on Reddit! This is clearly going to be Smash 5 and not a port of Smash 4 seeing as Breath of the Wild Link is NOT an alt costume for Link at all and appears that Link will finally get a revamped moveset for once!

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
i’ll sell my wii u if it turns out to be a port with extra content

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Aside from the Inklings that have already been confirmed...in order of likeliness...

Ice Climbers
Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
*insert new Pokemon rep here*
Rex & Pyra
Wolf

That's it. Honestly I'm not sure what characters are likely after that....maybe we won't get a truckload of new characters and this will be it.

However if this is only a portion of the new characters, things could get very interesting because I really can't think of any other obvious front runners.

Dan

Smash Lord
What a lame teaser for something everyone already knew going in; at least give us something to chew on!

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I saw the trailer, and the hype JUST got real for me. I don't even own a Switch, but I might need to get one someday. :D

Things I am hoping to see in the game next are new features, Subspace Emissary, and new characters show below:
- Shanate (Shantae)
- Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
- Rayman (Rayman) "They gotta make it right this time"
- Waluigi (Wario)
- Dovahkiin (Skyrim) "The game's on Switch, so why not?"
- Marshal (Rhythm Heaven)
- Isaac (Golden Sun)
- Bandana Dee (Kirby) "We have Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede, so we need one more guy in the team!"
- Magolor (Kirby)
- Magearna (Pokemon)
- Tethu (Ever Oasis)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom