• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Racers

Crystanium

Smash Hero
While Nintendo has made racing games like Excitebike, F-Zero, Super Mario Kart, and Diddy Kong Racing, I think it'd be interesting to have a racing version of Super Smash Bros. I'm sure most Mario characters would be set, especially since there are a lot of different vehicles and customs to choose from. Captain Falcon would be set as well, for obvious reasons. Introducing classic characters like a motorcyclist from Excitebike, as well as Mach Rider would work, too.

I know I'm not the only person, nor the first person to come up with the idea of Super Smash Bros. blending with racing. Still, I remember thinking about characters like Link and Samus being in a game like this. Link would ride Epona, and Samus would use her speed booster. Recently, however, these have changed based on Link's Master Cycle Zero and Samus' fancy-looking gunship. I still wouldn't be opposed to her speed booster.

What do you think? What ideas do you have?

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
No. I think the Mario Kart franchise is too well-cemented into Nintendo's racing game genre for any other game that isn't an f-zero reboot to turn a profit.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
if done at all i think best option would be add more of the smash characters to mario kart.
Then it's just another Super Mario Kart and chances are the selection wouldn't be unique in terms of the way the vehicles functioned.

Ragezorn

Smash Rookie
I can't picture a similar game, I agree it's most likely additional characters to mario kart. That's by far the most likely scenario. Although, another F-Zero game would be nice, and they could add characters like Samus that aren't in mario kart.
Slightly off topic but they could also do something such as putting capt falcon in hyrule warriors. Imagine running around and falcon punching 30 guys at once.
Either way, I think any nintendo game bringing in characters from other nintendo franchises is always a good move.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I sort of hate Mario Kart, because nobody is into racing games, but that game will sell like hotcakes. If we were to get an F-Zero game, I highly doubt it would sell like Mario Kart, which is upsetting, and probably one reason we haven't seen an F-Zero game since. With that said, I'd prefer a Super Smash Racers game over adding more non-Mario characters to Mario Kart.

I can't picture a similar game, I agree it's most likely additional characters to mario kart. That's by far the most likely scenario. Although, another F-Zero game would be nice, and they could add characters like Samus that aren't in mario kart.
Slightly off topic but they could also do something such as putting capt falcon in hyrule warriors. Imagine running around and falcon punching 30 guys at once.
Either way, I think any nintendo game bringing in characters from other nintendo franchises is always a good move.
If they did another F-Zero game, it could be cool to see Samus as a playable character. And if Sega was behind the next F-Zero like they were with F-Zero GX/AX, it would be cool to see Sonic as a playable character who would run, rather than drive a vehicle. And when he got boost power, he'd become Super Sonic. I'm not saying he should be a character in Story Mode, as if he would ever exist in the F-Zero world, but just a cameo character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Please try to not double post. Instead, use the edit function found underneath your posts. Thanks.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Mario Kart: Nintendo All-Stars Grand Prix, yes, I'd be down for that. I wouldn't call it something dorky like "Super Smash Racers" though.

I'd probably make it a much higher speed version of Mario Kart by default though. Bigger more sprawling tracks with considerably faster karts. Similar in fashion to Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, since that game also runs pretty fast.

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart: Nintendo All-Stars Grand Prix, yes, I'd be down for that. I wouldn't call it something dorky like "Super Smash Racers" though.

I'd probably make it a much higher speed version of Mario Kart by default though. Bigger more sprawling tracks with considerably faster karts. Similar in fashion to Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, since that game also runs pretty fast.
I have an Assetto Corsa sim setup with a Logitech g29 sim wheel and I think Nintendo is pretty well placed in the casual racing series. I would pay for a Fan made F-zero racing sim though.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I guess they just feel there isn't much demand for white-knuckle arcade racing with intense difficulty.

Top Bottom