• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Odyssey

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
I changed my avatar as a tribute to the loss of party-hat Pikachu. It's a d*** shame, really. But since he stole Pichu's danger goggles, I'm not too mad. What I was really looking for was a Brawl-Luigi avatar. Something along these lines:

That'll make my day, one day.

Anyway, yes, I'll definitely have the long-awaited update by then. Hopefully everyone's not too busy playing Brawl to get back into a Melee-based fanfic.

In the meantime, I say check out my other piece of work:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=147181

I got one review from kr3wman and he gave it a thumbs up (...right?). I gotta shamelessly plug in my other story until it's on the same level as Odyssey. Make it happen!

kr3wman

Smash Master
I changed my avatar as a tribute to the loss of party-hat Pikachu. It's a d*** shame, really. But since he stole Pichu's danger goggles, I'm not too mad. What I was really looking for was a Brawl-Luigi avatar. Something along these lines:

That'll make my day, one day.

Anyway, yes, I'll definitely have the long-awaited update by then. Hopefully everyone's not too busy playing Brawl to get back into a Melee-based fanfic.

In the meantime, I say check out my other piece of work:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=147181

I got one review from kr3wman and he gave it a thumbs up (...right?). I gotta shamelessly plug in my other story until it's on the same level as Odyssey. Make it happen!
I don't think I liked someone's writing as much as yours, honestly. You remind me of James Patterson in some ways.

But keep it up. I really like your stories. Even though they seem random, they always work out in ways you can't imagine, and that what makes it fun. Oh. And it being a Link/Samus. God I like that pairing. Only cookies stops me from reading fanfics with them.

EDIT:

Hopefully everyone's not too busy playing Brawl to get back into a Melee-based fanfic.
But you could add some characters from Brawl. You already have Pit, don't you?

*hint* *hint*

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
I certainly could add Brawl characters to the story, kr3w. In fact, I just might do so for the tentative sequel. SSE is giving me a few ideas that just might work.

Oh yeah, this may not be the update you've been looking for, but you still want this:

3308-4217-2919

You know exactly what that's for. Get back at me with your string of needless numbers so I can seek and destroy you online.

LinkMaster12

Smash Journeyman
Zeeke dude, i was playing Subspace right? And when I saw Ganondorf and Bowser Together on the giant ship coming through the Subspace portal I was like....OMG! Zeeke is a genius! You came up with Ganon and bowser working together first so. You rule. and are better than the creators of Brawl. O.o

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
It definitely warmed my heart to see that. That's undeniable proof: Sakurai has been reading my story. He and his team definitely 1-up'd me, though. I have Bowser and G-dorf in a devious fortress. They put them in a flying fortress of unequivocal DOOM[/i]. It's all good, though.

Oh yeah, if you want some stages for your battling amusement, I have something for you:

Tetris
Tetris Face
Chillination
Last Place
Last Place II
Last Place III
Last Place IV
Aztec Trap
X-Zone
Smash ZA214
Bowser's Castle
Pyramid Panic
Pyramid Panic II
Caution Roller
Triple Trial

I'm creative. My favorites are Chillination, the Last Place series (I played Melee competitively), X-Zone, and Triple Trial. Bowser's Castle is based off of the end of World 1-4 in Super Mario Bros. I forgot to add the floating platform above the bridge, though, but I'm sure you can add that in yourself.

Tell me what you think. Hopefully the next time I'm back is when I have the chapter completed. And tell me your Friend Codes!

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Zeeke! I've been reading your story the past week while working on ideas for my own Smash story, and I have to say, it's quite good! Throughout the story the language was toned way down, and it's quite addictive. I was honestly disappointed to see that you haven't actually posted in over a year and a half when I reached the end. When I saw there were 25 page to the thread I thought, wow, it must be long and popular, so I'll take a gander. Albeit, the language started off disgusting, but I'm really enjoying. It wasn't until I read the posts that said how long it had been since you updated when I realized this story was almost 4 years old! I was reading it as if it was written after the time Sonic was revealed (I never bothered to check the posts' dates). Anyway, I hope to see another "update," and I wouldn't mind adding you're friend code to Brawl with you. I'd also like to add that I have some ideas for your story, that just might help you finish off you're story. Let me know if you're interested.

Anyway, I'd just like to say that it's a very addictive and interesting story you've written, I can't believe it's taken four years! I'm just glad college is still a while away from me. It's just surprising that you constantly updated when no one read your story, now you've got sh*tloads of readers (pardon my French, LOL) and you lack new chapters. Anyway, good luck with college, and your story of course! Oh, and let me know if you're interested in my ideas.

Another thing I have to add is that your story has really fueled mine (so has SSE, but that's not the point)!

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
I say it all the time, but I'm STILL amazed I get new readers after over a year of no updates.

Welcome to the madness, Fiend of Dreams. Thanks for the good words. I'll definitely listen to your ideas. Just send a PM my way. Include your Brawl code while you're at it. I need competition. :p I'll also take a look at your story. I'll keep a lookout for the first chapter.

...which reminds me... Mano! I remember you asked me to check out your story roughly 20 years ago. I actually have, albeit slowly (like REALLY slowly). I'll hit you with a reply when I finally get through it.

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
Ok, oh and by the way don't read chapter 1, you see, my thread got deleted when I procrastinated too long and overestimated how much time I had left, but my friend SuperLinkBrothers somehow brought it back, so now my editted post (that I used to save my work since at that time no one was reading it anymore) is now wide in the open. I'll post a warning at the beginning of the chapter, and when my chapter is ready to be read, the warning will be gone

Edit: By the way, Zeeke, I'm tired of your constant bragging and swaggering around, thinking your so cool... I CHALLENGE YOU TO A BRAWL!! The time...Whenever I figure out how to get my Wii internet connection going. BE THERE!

P.S. by the way, I'm usually kidding when I say things like "I'm tired of your bragging and swaggering around". Just to let you know.

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
You know, I wonder if anyone here remembers me? I used to nag you for updates back in '06. Remember that? Good times, good times.

Seriously though, this has always been one of my favorite stories and it feels a bit...different now that I look back at it. I really loved this, and still do, and it feels quite nostalgic for me. I'll definitely check out your other story and such.

P.S. I would absolutely LOVE to battle you. If you have the room in your friend code space, mine is 2062-8822-1860.

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
O_O?

When was this?

*Thinks he might remember this, but is too lazy to go and search through the past messages*

Also, anyone who'd like to fight a Ganon/G&W/Ice Climbers/Snake User, tell me and contact me. I'll add you, and I'm always up for a Brawl.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, KTalf (that's how I have your name in Brawl for now), you are now "Awaiting Registration". May I warn you that I was excellent in Melee? Even though this shouldn't frighten you since this is a new game, I hope you're shaking in your proverbial boots. Anytime you're ready, man.

As for the rest of you, I'm still waiting.

Oh yeah, and I remember Keotalf saying that, too, Mano. Don't laugh, but I definitely did get a little scared after reading that. Just a little...

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
If you're close enough to your keyboard to read this, what settings might I ask? Any stages other than the obvious(Rumble Falls, 75m, etc.) not to pick? Items? High/Mid/Low/None? How many stocks? Anything else I might need to know.

It might also be a good idea to know which of us is setting up the room...

Also, yeah I am slightly intimidated. Slightly. I was good enough in Melee, but I think I'm warming up to Brawl well enough.

Also also, beware, for Ganon & Watch will eat your children.

Also also also, could I invite a friend?

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't care what stages are picked, nor what items are used. I already set up a room, anyway.

And yes, you can invite a friend.

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
Gah, sorry about that. Something has been up with our connection today. I'm ready to go if you'd like to fight again, though I see you are already in a Brawl. I enjoyed all of those matches, though I facepalmed at my repeated SDs.

Also, so as not to clog up this thread, I'd suggest continuing this through PMs.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
You can't get online? Man(o), it's easy like Sunday morning! As long as you have a dependable wireless connection, that is... Get your Wii connected to the net through the Wii settings menu and follow the directions from there (it's pretty self-explanatory). If you've done all that, then just hit Nintendo WFC in Brawl, and it should all be cake from there. If you're having specific problems, then PM me. I'll try to help out.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This was very good. I would suggest posting it up on fanfiction.net, as the SSB section really needs some good stories right now.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ever played No More Heroes? Seen the ending? Yeah, big question mark at the end, right? Well, I have the perfect title for the sequel.

NO MORE HIATUS

Act 10: Only the Beginning (Part 8)

"Nabi!" Raznia squealed like an excited child.

"Raz..." Nabooru smiled warmly.

Raznia nearly jumped across the room into her Spirit Sage "sister's" arms. She hugged her as if they had just been reunited after a year's separation, pressing her cheek against Nabooru's and squeezing tightly. Raznia even planted a loud, puckering kiss on her cheek.

"Ugh... that's enough, Raz." Nabooru lightly pushed a giggling Raznia back.

"I knew you'd react like that and I knew you were gonna say that." Raznia's playful grin spread even wider. "I missed you sooooo much!" She quickly closed in for another hug.

"Ah! Enough affection, Raz!" Nabooru struggled to keep Raznia back at an arm's length.

"Alright..." Raznia said, almost sounding disappointed, but still wore a joyful expression on her face. "But really, Nabi, I was really scared when I saw you floating above that pillar. I actually felt doubtful for a bit."

Nabooru let out an almost smug laughter. "My body may've been beaten down, but my soul could still put up an epic struggle. I wasn't about to let that freak take me that easily. But you know what?" Her tone gained a hint of seriousness. "I think I got lucky."

"You really think so?" Raznia raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah. When he took little bits of my soul like that, it was hard for me to keep track of all that. If he kept that up..." Nabooru let out a contemplative sigh. "Let's just say you'd be talking to someone else right now. Too bad he got so greedy when he started losing. It was easy for me to keep him from stealing my entire soul at once."

"Really? I would've thought it was the other way around." Raznia said.

"Come on, Raz, you know better." Nabooru shook her head. "It's like someone stealing bits and pieces of your meal versus someone going for the entire plate all at once. Which one is more obvious?"

"Duh. The one stealing bits and pieces." Raznia replied with a convinced smile.

"Uh-huh... You'll be alright." Nabooru assured her, patting her head.

"I am alright! You know I'm just kidding!" Raznia countered.

"Yeah, sure you were." Nabooru said with a wink. "But seriously, I know you've been through some rough stuff, too. How are you doing?"

"I'm still beautiful, right?" Raznia fluttered her eyelashes as a testament to her beauty.

"...you haven't seen a mirror yet, have you?" Nabooru muttered grimly as she shook her head.

"Ow... my feelings..." Raznia's smile was obliterated as she hung her head.

"You set them up and I'll knock them down." Nabooru stated with a smirk. "But seriously, I'm asking because I heard from a trustworthy source that your mind wasn't even in this world a few hours ago."

"Who said that?"

"Her name starts with an 'M' and ends with an 'A'."

"Mida..." Raznia's face and mood turned. "You're gonna believe her? Her of all people? You can't trust anything she says!"

"She was very sincere, Raz. Mida was really worried about you. You can't fake what I saw in her eyes." Nabooru assured her. "You can't fake what I saw in your eyes, either. I could tell you had no idea where you were. Mida said you snapped out of it a few hours after I saw you."

"She was watching me the whole time?"

"Seems like it."

"Ugh... She probably did it just to spite me. Now I owe her..." Raznia shook her head with a disgusted grimace. A face as pretty as her's should never have been able to produce such a look of repulsion.

"Does it have to be out of spite? Can't it just be genuine concern? I know you two don't have the greatest relationship in the world, but I know she wouldn't wish anything horrible on you." Nabooru sincerely believed.

"You don't know her like I do." Raznia muttered.

"Raz..." Nabooru could only sigh. "Alright. You can think Mida only exists to make you miserable, but you can't deny being out of it for a long while. You're always the one with a cool head out there, even when I start to worry. What made this time so different? Was it because I almost died?"

"No. Link..." Raznia began to speak, but her voice got caught in her throat. "...I was up when Link ended the battle..." She managed to utter after some hesitation. Silence followed.

"I know there's more to it than that." Nabooru said. "You've finished a decent amount of enemies, too."

"...it's just hard for me to think about." Raznia admitted after a deep sigh. "Siegfried didn't deserve to die like that."

"Siegfried?"

"...Nightmare."

Nabooru was slightly shocked to hear Raznia say that. They both saw what Nightmare was capable of. They saw him throw the entire Gerudo region into chaos. And most importantly, they saw his intention of remorselessly killing them, and everyone they loved. And now, despite all he's done, Raznia was saying he didn't deserve to die... Nabooru couldn't hide her look of confusion.

"I know you think I'm crazy for saying that, but it's true." Raznia continued. "Siegfried was trapped inside of Nightmare. He was being controlled by the Soul Edge; that creepy sword he was carrying. Soul Edge made him do all those things and he couldn't do anything about it. Soul Edge was the real nightmare, not Siegfried.

"After Link destroyed Soul Edge, he also destroyed Nightmare. Siegfried was free, and even though he knew he couldn't control himself, he was truly sorry for everything he did. He knew he deserved to be punished and was ready to spend the rest of his life living with himself. But then Link..." Raznia's voice wavered as it trailed off.

"...killed him." Nabooru completed the sentence.

"No, Link slaughtered him! He stabbed him in his throat right after he apologized!" Raznia was obviously losing her composure as she was almost screaming at Nabooru. "Siegfried couldn't even defend himself! He never saw it coming..."

Nabooru was struck speechless and dumbfounded. She had known Link since he was a child, and ever since then, she never would've even fathomed Link having the ability to mercilessly and viscously finish somebody like that. As far as she knew, the only killing Link ever did was of monsters that threatened the peace of Hyrule.

"Ever since he came back... I've been feeling weird vibes from him." Raznia hesitantly admitted. "On the outside, he still seems like the same person. But on the inside... something doesn't feel right. Like, when I hug him, I feel something that doesn't belong."

Nabooru continued to be at a loss for words. This was the same person that promised to find the fabled Silver Gauntlets by braving the dangerous Spirit Temple mere moments after they just met. This was the same person that saved her from Ganondorf and Twinrova so long ago. The same person she believed had such a good heart... And now, her closest friend was telling her there is some kind of darkness in him? Nabooru normally would take Raznia's word without hesitation, but this time, she had to see for herself.

"Well..." Nabooru finally spoke. "Link is on his way here. We can talk to him about--"

"NO!!" Raznia suddenly blurted.

"...no?" Nabooru was utterly confused.

"I don't want him to feel like we don't trust him. I'm sure he thinks I was knocked out when he killed Siegfried. If he found out I was awake and I know what he did..." Raznia trailed off. "I just don't think now's the best time. Even though what he did is unforgivable, he did risk his life to save us."

Nabooru shook her head. "I really think we should talk to him about this. Maybe it wasn't exactly Link. You know... the same way it wasn't Siegfried that tried to kill us. I just refuse to believe Link would consciously kill an apologetic and helpless man like that."

"Then I'll talk to him." Raznia decided. "I'm his girlfriend, so it's only right."

"Since when?" Nabooru raised her eyebrows over her wide eyes in astonishment.

"Since we came to save you in the Spirit Temple." Raznia said. "I loved him. And I still do. I had to let him know, just in case one of us didn't make it out of that battle."

Nabooru nodded a slow, understanding nod. "It suddenly makes sense... When Link killed Siegfried, he shattered everything you thought you knew about him. He did something worse than Nightmare could ever do to you."

Raznia didn't know how to reply. She read her like a book.

Nabooru could only sigh. "Being the Spirit Sage and the local psychiatrist is tough." She smiled, trying to get Raznia to cheer up a little. The conversation had Raznia looking miserable.

It seemed to work a bit, though. Raznia managed a meek grin. Unfortunately, it was effectively wiped off her face when a very frantic-looking Mida burst through the door.

"That IDIOT just jumped out the window!" Mida wasted no time in her exclamation.

"Who?" Nabooru asked.

"The ZERO of Time! He thinks he's invincible or something!" Mida rose her voice, lividly. "I don't care if I find him with a broken leg. He WILL walk it off."

"...why would he do that? I thought he was injured." Nabooru wondered, remembering Link's serious wounds.

"I just said he's an idiot, right? He has to be going to the training grounds. Someone saw one of his friends there."

"But the fortress got torn down..." Nabooru said. "Why there?"

"I don't know, but what I do know is that we're going to find them and slap some sense into both of them." Mida stated.

"No, we're not. We'll wait for them." Raznia sternly enforced. "They don't need you in their business. They have their reasons for being over there."

"Like what?! There's nothing over there except fire and rubble!" Mida argued.

"I know it's weird, Mida, but I'm with Raz." Nabooru said. "Yeah, Link was injured, but don't worry about him. If he's well enough to jump out of windows, then he's fine. Link's the one who wanted to talk to me, anyway. He'll be here soon enough."

Mida didn't want to settle for the "wait and see" attitude that Nabooru and Raznia adopted, but in their own way, they were just as stubborn as she was. A common Gerudo trait...

"Fine." Mida simply muttered and exited the room.

"You know she's going to the training grounds, right?" Nabooru looked to Raznia.

"Link's probably gonna punch her in the face when he sees her. Serves her right. Mida has to learn someday that she has to stop being so bossy. She's not a leader and she never will be." Raznia coldly said.

"You know, Raz... we may say we're sisters, but you can't beat the real thing." Nabooru reminded her. "There's something you can't substitute when the same blood you have runs through another person. It's something I wish I had."

"Like I said, Nabi: you don't know her like I do." Raznia shook her head as she looked into Nabooru's eyes.

And with that, Raznia left the room.

I should've seen this coming... Luigi sighed in his mind as he dodged the incoming stream of flame.

He returned fire with his newfound, yet familiar thunder-hand ability. Forming a sphere of electricity in his palms, he hurled it at his opponent. Thinking fast, his enemy formed a fireball in his hand and clapped against his palm, creating a blazing shield of some sort which absorbed the threatening thunderball.

"Show-off..." Luigi muttered. "I should've chosen that power..."

It's only been a half an hour since I woke up, and already I'm in a live-or-die situation. But it's not like I was having a better time in that dream I was having. Stupid nightmares trying to kill me...

Luigi's dream...

"DIE!!" Nightmare barked as he closed in on Luigi with a crushing blow from the Soul Edge.

Luigi couldn't even think of dodging it. Nightmare attacked so furiously that Luigi could only sit there and smile as he took the entire onslaught. He quickly realized there was no hope of victory. At least not without some help...

He looked around. His heart sunk as his help stayed down for the count.

Raznia: overcome... Mario: overwhelmed... Link, even with his new arsenal of skills, proved to be useless as he was easily overpowered the armored menace. There wouldn't be any waking up from this Nightmare...

Now it was all up to Luigi... who was seconds away from utter annihilation as his greatest Nightmare prepared to tuck him in for the eternal slumber.

"...what do I do?" Luigi grumbled; a beaten mess holding on to his last thread of consciousness.

Despite the grave situation, a sudden cackle caught his ear.

There's nothing funny about my certain doom! He shouted in his mind as he watched Nightmare's blade drop closer and closer to his body, but as it fell, time felt as if it slowed down, almost to a stop. If he had the strength, Luigi could've had time to move away from the impending deathblow.

"What?" Luigi was shocked.

Suddenly, two glowing orbs appeared before him: one, a sphere of raging flame, and the other, a ball of jittery lightning. Luigi had no idea what this meant, but had no time to ponder on a meaning. Just as quickly as it slowed down, Nightmare's blade gradually picked up speed.

Mustering all he could, Luigi shot up his left arm and grabbed indiscriminately. The orb of electricity found itself in his hand. Immediately, time returned to its normal flow, allowing Nightmare to finally carry out his actions; plunging the Soul Edge through a severely weakened Luigi. Soul Edge and Nightmare, though, were blown away by a sharp, strong, and sudden spark the instant Luigi's clothes were touched. A surprised grunt escaped Nightmare's helmet as he flew back. Skidding to a stop, he glared at a fully-restored Luigi surrounded by lightning.

Luigi couldn't describe the power he felt. It flowed through him so fast, as if it wanted to escape. It felt like he just barely had control over it. He held his hands close to each other. A web of lightning connected his fingers as renegade sparks flew from his palms. Luigi couldn't believe he was doing this. It was so cool to watch that he forgot he was in a nightmare that promised him everlasting torment.

Nightmare reminded him of his presence by throwing a wave of soul energy at a mesmerized Luigi. It tore over the ground, ripping deep-laid stone from its foundation and disintegrating it promptly.

Luigi watched the incoming torrent of destruction. He did not want to know what would happen if that thing touched him. He promptly sent his own wave of disaster into battle. ...or at least intended to if that web of electricity didn't keep his fingers entangled. ...and it didn't help that he didn't know how to untangle it...

With the threatening soul energy coming closer, Luigi couldn't think of anything else to do but throw his web out and hope it caught on to something. It stayed connected to his fingers... but surprisingly, it expanded over the entirety of Nightmare's soul wave attack and covered it like a fish net. Gradually, the net contracted as the soul wave rumbled like it was struggling to escape. It was no use, though, as the soul energy suddenly found itself encased in the middle of a small ball of electricity which returned to Luigi's hand.

Nightmare was stunned, to say the least. Just seconds ago, Luigi was under his blade preparing for death. Nightmare was determined to put him in that position once again. Summoning the Soul Edge back to his hand, Nightmare clenched it tightly as he charged toward his opponent.

Don't worry. The ending to this battle isn't obvious... Luigi thought to himself as he pitched the ball at Nightmare.

In a sudden flash of green electricity, the Nightmare was abruptly ended. Luigi violently shook awake only to find himself in a spacious grand entrance hall of some sort instead of the bed he fell asleep in. Judging by the looks of the place, though, Luigi knew his entrance was anything but grand. He surveyed his surroundings: three ruined doorways, four crumbling pillars (one was ready to give out at any moment), a tattered red carpet, and a stairway blocked off by flaming rubble was what he immediately noticeable. Luigi wondered how he managed to get in at all with there being no visible exit.

"...I'm trapped?" Luigi fretted as he nearly broke into a frantic run towards the blocked-off stairway.

Before he could take a step, a cackle broke through the ambiance. A familiar cackle... the same one he heard seconds before he claimed his power in his dream. He spun around. A floating lantern caught Luigi's eye. He watched it cautiously as it approached him. With a sudden spin, a hand appeared on the lantern's handle, with a body connected to the hand's wrist.

"NO!!" Luigi shrieked as he backed up into a corner.

Luigi was infamously known for his cowardly ways, but had done a good job of ignoring his spineless instincts the longer he was on his journey with his brother and Link. But even with his newly-gained courage, he still had one deep and profound fear: one that he thought he had gotten over.

Ghosts.

Even after clearing out his mansion packed to the brim with wandering and hostile souls, there was still something about them that caused Luigi to freak out. And with these ghosts of Hyrule (commonly known as Poes), it was no different.

With his back against the wall, there was nothing he could do as the giggling specter floated closer to him. Luigi held his hands out as if to plead to the ghost not to come any closer. Suddenly, his fingers sparked. That familiar jittery rush flowed through him again. A sly smile crept across his face.

"...it's Luigi-time." He deviously growled as he realized he still had his shockingly cool new powers. "BACK, FOUL APPARITION OF THE NETHERWORLD!!" Luigi boomed with the bravery his thunder-hands gave him, throwing a threatening, yet flamboyant pointer finger at it.

From Luigi's finger jumped a bolt of lightning that had no other intention but to send that spirit back to whatever Hell it came from. As soon as contact was made, the Poe let out a shocked snicker, promptly vanishing from sight but dropping its lantern. It shattered as it hit the floor.

Luigi let out a sigh of relief; proud of the way he handled his fear so swiftly and heroically.

"'Foul apparition of the Netherworld'... I'm so cool." Luigi reveled in his own fortitude, stroking his chin and secretly wishing someone was there to hear him.

Luigi's eyes passed over the scattered shards of glass on the ground. Bits of a strange, red aura were rising from the pieces... Luigi only watched on warily, not knowing what to expect. The aura seemed to collect at one spot, finally coming together to form an orb; a red sphere of raging flames... As Luigi immediately identified the orb as the power he rejected, a body suddenly appeared, with ball of fire at its heart.

Luigi's jaw dropped as he unmistakably recognized who he was staring at...

Luigi Mario, donning a fire-red hat and undershirt.

His spitting image stared back at him, looking equally stunned at the sight of his "twin". Luigi could only guess the difference between them were their powers. Just as he was about to speak up, a burst of flames exploded from his copy, throwing a raging inferno right at his face. Purely reacting to the unexpected threat, almost as if his powers were acting on its own, Luigi exploded with blast of electric energy, sending a thick bolt of lightning to meet the blazing line of fire. The opposing forces met with an intense clash, flinging both opponents helplessly backwards as their battleground was shaken at the foundation; bits of stone crumbling from the ceiling.

Luigi broke through the weakest pillar and skidded sloppily towards the furthest wall while his fire-based copy was sent spiraling out of control into a wall of his own. As he regained his composure, he looked to his opponent. Just like him, he was scrambling, though gingerly, to his feet. Luigi knew they'd be evenly matched, but with the power they were both packing, this would be over quickly.

The battle raged on, though it felt more like total war. Their attacks were so fervent that any strike not dodged just might bring damage impossible to recover from, if not death. Luigi knew this fully-well as he tried his hardest to keep his distance and shock his double into submission. He was proving that lightning really doesn't strike twice, though. In fact, it couldn't even strike once as Fire-Luigi seemed to be extremely light-footed, or more accurately hot-footed. He managed to dodge everything thrown at him or, at the very least, cancel it out at the last second with a short-ranged fireball.

Luigi noticed his foe had an affinity for close-quarters combat. The second he would be able to get inside his safety zone was the second he would be annihilated. But his own long-distance affinity gave him a fighting chance at not letting that happen. He was able to shoot off bolts of lightning at a very rapid pace; fast enough to combat his fire-based foe agility. It's a good thing, too, as Luigi couldn't get the hang of running-and-gunning. He had much more control and power if he stood still and aimed.

The two reached a stalemate as they realized everything they tried wasn't very effective. If anything, they were beating themselves up because of how tired they were becoming. They were perfectly matched, as if they were made to fight each other with no result other than to die of exhaustion.

This is so annoying! Why won't he stand still?! I just want to zap him so I can get out of here! Where's my net?!

Luigi put his fingers together and formed the same entanglement of electricity that helped him wake from his Nightmare. In the same motion, he threw it at Fire-Luigi.

Dodged, as expected.

No matter, as Luigi fired another electric web at his fiery doppelganger.

Another miss.

Luigi kept on firing and "Luigi" kept on dodging. That is, until, he finally got caught. Luigi wasn't intending on catching him directly. If anyone knew Luigi better than Mario, it would be Luigi, himself. He knew he'd just keep dodging while constantly on the lookout for an opening to devastate. He never noticed that the entire time, Luigi's little webs came together to form a sizable one; large enough to catch a blazing duplicate.

I knew it. He may be fast, and he may be me, but he's NOT me! I would never fall for what I just did to myself! I'm such an idiot. I mean, he is... Anyway, let's just get creative...

Luigi may've had an arsenal of new attacks, but he still had a soft spot for the moves that got him to where he was. He charged up his old favorite: the Green Missile.

"Let's go!" He exclaimed as he expected to go off with that familiar blast.

Suddenly, he bolted through his enemy, literally, as a bolt of lightning. He returned to his normal form just before he crashed into a wall, clinging on to it with a sort of magnetic ability despite the fact that there was no metal to be found. Luigi was shocked (no pun intended). "Ride the lightning" suddenly meant something entirely new.

Wasting no time, Luigi jumped off the wall and bolted through his captured prey again with another Green Missile (of electricity).

And another.

And another.

And another.

And another.
And another.
And another.
And another.
And another until it just seemed like he was providing constant stream of pain. Finally, when he had enough fun, Luigi reappeared on the wall, jumped off, and discharged an overwhelming beam of electricity from his entire body he'd like to call "Thunder Cannon".

Finally, the first decisive blow of the battle was landed. And from the looks of his copy, the final blow. Fire-Luigi was thrown against the jagged rubble blocking the stairway and landed limply on his face.

Luigi leaned against the wall he was near, letting a wave of relief sweep over him.

"This game's winner is... Luigi." He announced in his best announcer voice. Unfortunately, it was quite underwhelming as he was pretty exhausted after that bout. "Now we need to get out of... here..."

Luigi trailed off in his thinking as the room suddenly gained a red tint. A fiery red tint... He looked to his duplicate. His aura pulsed as he rose again, like a phoenix from the ashes.

"That's not fair! I thought we were equal! I don't have resurrection powers!" Luigi groaned as his opponents eyes lit ablaze.

Taking a page out of Luigi's book, Fire-Luigi threw his arms out in a rapid spin, performing the fan-favorite Luigi Cyclone. As he spun, a tornado of flame expanded outward. It had no intention of stopping, and Luigi had no intention of dodging. He couldn't, as there was nowhere to run.

Searing heat simply dominated him. And as he flew around helplessly in the firestorm, all Luigi could think about was how he should've chosen the fire orb.

When the torrent of fire finally died down, Luigi found himself falling back down to the ground in, what he felt like, slow-motion. As he turned to face the floor, his fiery double suddenly appeared in a veil of flames. If he wasn't there to inflict more pain on the him, Luigi would've thought that was pretty cool.

In a follow-up to the Luigi Cyclone, Fire-Luigi sprung off his feet and nailed him with the patented Super Jump Punch. Luigi felt each uppercut under his chin, lifting him higher and higher until he was pinned to the ceiling. Fire-Luigi then ended the onslaught with a shotgun-blast of fire, scorching Luigi and any previous understanding he had of pain.

After his blazing doppelganger landed from his attack, Luigi was finally left to land as well: on his face and near-lifeless. What I wouldn't give for auto-recovery, right now... he groaned in his mind as he felt that jittery rush of power die down. He knew that wasn't a good sign, especially since things were getting dark...

But seconds from taking his last breath, he felt a pulse of energy shock him back into action, almost like a defibrillator. He jumped to his feet, looking over to his clone to see what he was planning next. It seemed he was planning to stand around in shock, as he thought he had just ended the battle.

Now you know how I felt. Luigi spitefully thought to himself. Man, this is really weird. We just killed each other, and yet, here we are, staring at each other in shock and with fire in our eyes. Plus we're closed in this pit of despair with no way out. It's like we're meant to fight forever... Even weirder was that Super Jump Punch... I can't hit more than once... it's too hard... Having fire-powers makes it that much easier? Now I REALLY wish I took the Fire Orb...

Luigi kept an eye on his blazing nemesis, who was literally blazing now. Fire engulfed him, fiercely dancing up and down his body as it seemed to expand at a threatening rate. Finally, it stopped, placing him in a flare globe roughly the size of Bowser.

So you want to see my Thunder Cannon again, huh? Luigi determined and gathered all the energy he could right in the middle of his chest.

As if someone shouted "DRAW", both superpowers unleashed their full potential on each other. Fire-Luigi careened head-first into Luigi's devastating beam of lightning. Another stalemate was reached as both sides strove to wear each other down, but neither one would waver. It'd come down to who'd tire first...

...or what random event would interrupt the epic bout.

Without any sort of warning, the conglomeration of rubble blocking the exit inexplicably blew up, sending all its contents flying recklessly throughout the hall. Luigi and his flaming nemesis had to drop their struggle to protect themselves from the destroyed sediment akin to shrapnel. Once all was clear, both fighters turned to the newly opened doorway, eagerly eying the new silhouette hidden in the blinding sunlight and billowing cloud of dust.

Finally, the dust settled and their eyes adjusted to the new light. The motionless figure was now fully visible, and Luigi was left beside himself in sheer awe.

A new Luigi Mario stood before them, this time donning a sword, a shield, and just a pair of pants. He twirled his weapon in his hand and meant to sheath it behind him, but to no avail, as he had no back-sheath to speak of... He looked as if to say "d***it".

WHY IS THERE ANOTHER ME?!! Luigi bellowed in his mind as he glanced over to his fire-copy. Seeing him in as much shock as he put him at a little bit of ease. At least there weren't any conspiracies against him. ...for now.

The three watched each other uneasily, though it seemed Sword-Luigi wasn't too interested in them. Just as Luigi was actually about to share his first words with his two copies, Sword-Luigi jumped at them, completely unprovoked. Both Luigi and his fire clone could think of nothing else but to strike first with explosive force; Luigi with a paralyzing bolt of lightning, and Fire-Luigi with a dashing fireball. Seeing both Luigi's coming for him, Sword-Luigi switched gears and hurled his sword at the two. While Luigi and his replica connected flawlessly with their target, Sword-Luigi wasn't so lucky, as he missed his mark by an overwhelming margin; so wide that he seemed to emit a weird, loud, screaming wheeze of exasperation as he was thrown into one of the remaining pillars.

Stupid sword clone... Luigi then shot a glance at his remaining copy. He stared back with fiery conviction, as if it said "no matter how hard you hit, I'll keep coming back". I dare you to come back from this one, Luigi accurately read that glare and clenched his fists, sending surge after surge of energy into himself. His plan: take every ounce of energy he had, ball it up into the palm of his hand, and shove it down his clone's throat. No phoenix could return from that.

When he felt he was ready, Luigi opened his hand. There it was; his trump card. Jittery madness, incarnated. Little bolts of lightning would flicker out spastically. The thunderball, itself, was actually no bigger than a soccer ball, but Luigi knew it wasn't the size that mattered. He could feel the power emanating from the ball's core. It was almost hard to keep in the palm of his hand as it rumbled; the thunderous internal storm no doubt able to level cities if it were to be unleashed to full storm scale. With that, Luigi knew for sure: anything on the receiving end of this thing would be eradicated unquestionably.

He looked up to Fire-Luigi. Luigi may not've had any fire powers, but he definitely felt his temper flare as he found his copy infringing on his originality; a massive fireball, roughly the size of an over-sized beach ball, rested in his fire-foe's hands, outstretched above his head.

You overcompensating b******... Luigi venomously growled in his mind.

As if his napalm nemesis heard his insult, he bounded forward, with bright flare trails left behind the tremendous mass. Luigi wish he had time to throw his ball in the air and send it off in true soccer-style with a graceful, yet pretentious, somersault kick, but he knew his counterfeit's speed wouldn't allow that. All he could do was hold it out in front of him and wait for his chance...

The distance between them grew smaller and smaller. Tunnel-vision took their sights. They were the only two that existed to each other; every detail magnified. Luigi focused intensely on his foe, waiting for that moment truth. As his enemy came closer, though, what he started to notice was that he was beginning to look... different. So much so that Luigi began to think his eyes were playing tricks on him. He could've sworn his foe's head shrunk a bit, taking a more round shape as opposed to his oblong-shaped head. Not only did his head shrink, but so did his entire body, leaving him with a more round and portly body-type. Luigi guessed he had about a half an arm's reach on him, now. But what disturbed Luigi the most was that these changes were just enough to make his once-clone look like someone who naturally shared his features...

"...Mario?"

It seemed as if Mario went through the same process of realization as Luigi did, as his face turned from one of stern conviction to stunned consternation. The Mario brothers were seconds away from destroying each other, as Mario stayed on his collision course, unable to deviate because of the speed and power he initially put into it. Luigi couldn't even think about dropping his guard. The power he planned on using to destroy his brother would now be what would save them both. But how he planned on accomplishing this was anyone's guess. With the sheer magnitude of their abilities acting against each other, they both knew on no plane of reality would this end well...

The distance was now only inches apart. Mario's collision was imminent, and all either of them could do was brace themselves. Just before Luigi determined the best plan was to shut his eyes and wish himself away, the gleaming blade of a sword appeared right in front of him. The very same sword his shirtless clone was wielding... Luigi's eyes quickly followed the blade up to the arm holding it, and then the face looking ahead to where the blade was positioned. No longer was there a half-naked Luigi brandishing that weapon, but a half-naked Link.

Luigi had no time to ponder on how ridiculous everything had suddenly turned out. All three forces: a raging inferno sphere, a tumultuous thunderball, and an undaunted blade of courage collided with each other, unleashing an unrelenting wave of vehemence so powerful that it nullified all senses except one....

The only thing they could do was listen to their own tortured screams.

Alright, so there is no sequel to No More Heroes (yet...). I just needed a clever segway to introduce the latest chapter with.

I know expectations were high for this one. It was 1.5 years in the making... At the same time, understand that I'm still writing the story as planned, so even if there is a 20-year break between chapters, I'm not gonna make up for it by busting out a megaton chapter.

Sorry...

I will tell you though that there are still some *significant* twists left before this is all over. Like I always say: stick with me. You won't regret it.

I have some good news for you guys, though: after this week, things should be calming down greatly for me in regards to college. No, it's not over yet, but the hard part is about to be over. I'm heading to Texas on Wednesday with my Senior Design group to win an Aero Design competition. Wave when I drive by your house (if you live along the way). After that, I'll only have one class to worry about. I can manage that. So expect another chapter pretty soon (like, way-less-than-1.5-years-soon).

So I'm done talking. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Be on the lookout for the next one.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wow...there's finally an update. This chapter was interesting. It sort of confused me a bit, but now I'm wondering if Link and Mario were going through the same illusion he had. Your writing has improved. Good luck with your competition.

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
Aw man, and I wanted to be the first one to post on the new chapter. Why? Because I'm creepy like that.

I haven't had time to read the whole chapter yet, but so far, so great. This post should be edited either A. when I finish reading the chapter and edit it or B. I forget to do A. and someone reminds me to.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Holy **** I'm reading now!

Edit after reading : Whoah. Pretty nice, altough very short...

Can wait to have another update!:laugh:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Zeeke, good update. This story reminds me of lost, in that it keeps having weird interesting twists.

Great update.

KloudMunky

Smash Cadet
Holy snot! That was awsome! I tried to draw Luigi as I'd imagined him from a side view (arm outstreched with green lightning dancing between his fingers) but I suck at drawing Luigi. Oh well.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Oh and, Don't update between here and april 19th, I'll be in Spain without being able to read your fic! :urg:

But do continue to write it!

Best101

Smash Ace
I'm back after I finally put Brawl down for a day or two. Now that I'm pretty much finished with Brawl I need to get my hands on the next big title: Mario Kart Wii. I should have it by the end of the day today or by next week.
I see that you have a new update to the story as well. I'll read it tonight after I have read the previous chapter so I can remember what's going on in the story again lol.

Btw if you want to play Brawl just message me your Brawl Code. You can find my code right underneath my username.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Took me about a month but I finally read the latest chapter. :D

Good job on the chapter Zeeke. I'll continue pop by every once in a while like I have been since 2004. ;D

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
I just might. As it stands right now, SSBO is pretty much done when it comes to additional characters. But since I'm planning a sequel*, you know there will be more people to see. From Brawl? Quite possibly. Honestly, I haven't really sat down and planned anything for the sequel* yet, but at the same time, I can't base this on SSBM forever, right?

Anyway, stuff will happen, and new characters will be dragged into ridiculous situations. And if I am a good writer, it will be just as entertaining as the first story.

* - (tentative)

Guitar Slayer

Smash Rookie
Wow.... I really got to hand it to you, Zeeke. This story actually so awesome that the second I finished reading the 1st act, I made an account! It's great, it's thrilling, and it rivals some book series that I've read.
Only complaints were the ridiculously long waits (1.5 years?), to the point where the thing seems like it's gonna take as long to write as it did Odysseus to get home (Odyssey, for those not in the know) and that that last chapter made me do a slight double-take while reading it.

Keep up the good work, and good luck with the contest (congrats if you won)!

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Ah, Smashboards owes me another one for bringing in another member.

Welcome, Guitar Slayer. You know, you might be right. Odysseus would probably be able to go on three Odysseys before Mario and crew get back from theirs.

Since you enjoyed the story so much, I have some good news for you (and for everyone else): I basically graduated college. Clap it up for Zeeke. Or shake your heads in disgust because I was able to attend a 4-year university and graduate before finishing a simple fanfic... Either way, I'll have a TON of free time until that job I (think I) got calls me in. Good thing, too, because I haven't even started writing the next chapter yet...

Oh yeah, about that double-take... what exactly confused you? I just wanna know so I can clean it up for future readers. As anyone here (and every other site I post on) will tell you, I love to revise. Like LOVE to revise; probably more than actually writing a new chapter. As a matter of fact, I'm revising for fanfiction.net, so there. Let me know ASAP.

Once again, thanks for enjoying my story. I'll be updating soon, so stay tuned.

D. M.

Smash Rookie
Wow, I never post. Anyways, Zeeke, I've followed your story for a whole year. Not a big fanfic fanatic, but this is a good exception. Your theories of the Smash world match mine, your writing is suburb, and the plot's well done.

My only complaint would be... you don't have the Kirby series in, my favorite series. That's not really a complaint though but hopefully you don't hate Kirby! :p

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Man, it feels good to find out about new readers. Welcome, D.M.!

Just so you know, I don't hate the Kirby series. I'd love to fit him and his crew into the story. The problem is that I don't really know enough about his games... I mean, I've played Superstar (greatest Kirby by far), beaten Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby's Dreamland 3, and Squeak Squad, but after that, my knowledge wouldn't really do them justice. I might think of something, though. Gimme time.

And I'm glad you like my theory of the Smash Universe. The whole doll/trophy thing is cool, but I feel it's pretty limited. These guys have a whole history behind them, and they're only existing to fight each other in the Smash world? Boring... The potential for entertainment is limitless! Hopefully I'm able to at least graze what people imagine when they imagine Link and Mario teaming up to fight their greatest enemies.

So there you go. Oh yeah, fellow Luigi fan? You just might be my new favorite fan.

D. M.

Smash Rookie
Yep, Luigi's my favorite character in all existing media, crazy as it is. Went from "I'm used to being Player 2 in SMB1" to "I love the personality and character of him"... and I can finally use him in Brawl... in Melee he didn't have his own voice, which turned me away from him.

I never like the idea they're trophies and that's it, I've tried to theorize the trophy form in Subspace Emissary is a way of preserving the characters in that world, and the characters are all transported there by the baddie. Also it's more interesting to imagine everybody meeting up in between games or between parts of games.

You prolly know this or maybe it's just me, but Kirby's series is surprisingly far from simple. Dark Matter's the only true villain that's appeared more than once. Dedede's just a prick and Meta Knight's an antihero. So I could figure it's hard to do with this. Also if you were to go by Sakurai's rule, Kirby doesn't fully speak. :p

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
Hey Zeeke, I bet you haven't seen me in a while. Well, that's because I promised myself, "no more visiting until after I finally got the first chapter of my story done". And unfortunately, I procrastinate a lot, hell, I'd probably be out of a job my now If I had been an author (LOL!!). Well, guess what? It's finally done! But there are also a lot of revisions I'll need to do before I'm ready to post it, and I'm not even sure I have a satisfactory end for it, so If you would do me this favor, could you please read over it a bit? It should be found if you click on my profile and click on "all threads started by me". I'd really like your opinion of it before I post it. I'm very excited about finally being able to move on with the story, as I've thought of a lot of really cool ideas for this novelization over the course of my "procrastination".

P.S. I got my Wii internet working, so if you'd still take my offer for a duel, I'd be more than happy to...

P.S.S And if you decide to read it, keep in mind that there are a lot of things that I probably need to revise a bit in order for this chapter to be as good as I want it to, so if it seems rough around the edges, that's why ( at least I hope that's why!).

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap: unnoticed replies!

D.M.: You could only imagine the pure glee I felt when Luigi spoke and actually sounded like LUIGI instead of Mario with his balls in a vicegrip. The fact that I'm pure ownage with the man (sorry, I gotta flaunt the skills) makes it even sweeter. Luigi for PRESIDENT!!

Mano Games: I was wondering what happened to j00. Don't worry about the procrastination problem. I think everyone reading this story knows I hold the crown for that. Speaking of which, my procrastination has kept me from even starting the next chapter. Less than 1.5 years, my a**. I'm still gonna shoot for an update by the end of this month. I know where I wanna go with this chapter, I just don't know how to start it...

As for your story, you can expect either a reply to the thread or a PM as soon as I finish the chapter(s).

socalledmember

Smash Rookie
I'm still gonna shoot for an update by the end of this month. Ahh its almost been 2 months Zeeke I love your fanfic and I've been waiting for an update man...But congrats on completing college(basically?) I have no complaints whatsoever man its awesome. But man please make a simple update your fans are waiting...well anyway goodjob on your fanfic. Oh and also I made his little account just to tell you this..

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I just read the entire story, well, up until the last chapter you posted anyways. Took me around, oh I dunno, a couple of intense hours sitting on my @$$ sipping coke infront of my computer. But d@mn. That is one kick A fanfic! It's almost like a book in length.

Oh and welcome to SWF socalledmember. If you really are a member, that is.

EDIT: Woohoo! Post #4OO!

Top Bottom