• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Melee's Hidden Message

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So apparently Melee has messages for 4,995, 10,000, 50,000, 100,000, and even 1,000,000 versus mode matches completed... yeesh. How many people have TRULY gotten 100% on this game?

And also, apparently Brawl has this as well, though I haven't found it.

EDIT: You can read all the notices from Melee and Brawl on this page on Smash Wiki, which shows that the text for playing 1,000,000 matches on Brawl is this:

"You've played 1,000,000 matches! Surely no one will ever get this far."

Apparently Sakurai was right, because I can find no proof that anyone has ever done this, meaning the text was most likely ripped straight from the game's coding.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Pretty cool, who knew? I think Sakurai is secretly a top Melee player. He probably has the best Fox
Well seeing how he good he played Mega Man at E3, I wouldn't be surprised. Who knows, maybe he is secretly the best competitive Smash player the world has ever known, and he introduced tripping and slowed down Brawl's pace just to challenge himself. Maybe... maybe he secretly DOES know English, and he's on Smashboards RIGHT NOW, voting on the tier lists, commenting on the characters, spreading the rumors, and seeing how we play...

yxlink

Smash Rookie
NNID
yxlink
3DS FC
3609-1721-9356
Well seeing how he good he played Mega Man at E3, I wouldn't be surprised. Who knows, maybe he is secretly the best competitive Smash player the world has ever known, and he introduced tripping and slowed down Brawl's pace just to challenge himself. Maybe... maybe he secretly DOES know English, and he's on Smashboards RIGHT NOW, voting on the tier lists, commenting on the characters, spreading the rumors, and seeing how we play...

So he decided to remove tripping just because he noticed the rage of many smashers against it. And he wanted to see how hilarious when guys hear the removal. Badass

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I knew it! I knew those playground rumors were true!
Ah, I remember the playground rumors. The biggest one at my school was a Pokemon one. No, not the Mew under the truck one, this was the 3rd generation rumor about Deoxys. Anyone who grew up a 3rd gen kid probably heard this one: there was a rocket base in Mossdeep City where every week they would have a successful launch, and there was a guy who would always say, "That's successful launch number X!", X being what week # you were on, of course. There were plenty of rumors saying that after a certain number of launches he would ask you, "Do you want to go to the moon?" And he'd take you there where you could find and battle Deoxys. Some said 50, some said 100 or more, all were bull****. The weeks I spent waiting in hopes of going to the moon, all for nothing...

...Alright, that had nothing to do with Smash, but I just wanted to share a childhood story. Sorry about that.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
What if Sakurai is INSANECARZYGUY?

Top Bottom