• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Shren

Smash Journeyman
On getting Pig Gannon, did you just add the code to the PMEX module?

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
Anyone know when Legacy XP Lite's gonna be? I kinda don't want to hack my Wii. I also don't know how to
Yeah, I'm trying to load it from a USB on the Homebrew Channel. Asked for help in the PM section and I got ignored super-hard. -_-

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Question: Do ALL the alternate stages in Legacy work properly online, because I've had major issues with this in my own build. Everyone always ends up on different versions of the same stage instead of all getting the same form. If any of you guys know how to fix this, could ya please tell me so I can restore all of my alt. stages and play them online correctly. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Question: Do ALL the alternate stages in Legacy work properly online, because I've had major issues with this in my own build. Everyone always ends up on different versions of the same stage instead of all getting the same form. If any of you guys know how to fix this, could ya please tell me so I can restore all of my alt. stages and play them online correctly. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Well what do you mean by "online"? If you're talking about Wiimmfi, both players need to be holding down the same button combination in order for it to work.

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Well what do you mean by "online"? If you're talking about Wiimmfi, both players need to be holding down the same button combination in order for it to work.
Yes, I'm talking about with Wiimmfi Wifi. With my build, even if everyone chooses the exact same version of a stage that has multiple forms (whether it's the default or an alternate), we still end up on different versions. Also, what happens in Legacy if players choose different alternate stages, does it just mess up er what?

RedCommunist

Smash Rookie
I wish Wiiflow had the GECKO Code compatibility that Wiiflow, it's so much easier to child proof. Seven year olds in USB loader make me nervous.

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
Hey, I figured asking this here would be a good idea, sense people here seem to have knowledge with modding.

So, say I wanted to add a character mod that came with a kirby hat to this modpack. I can install the character just fine with Brawl EX, but I can't find anything on how to install the kirby hat. How would I do this?

SmashGibson

Smash Rookie
I still cannot get this to work. Can someone help me out?

I've formatted the SD card multiple times, I have a Wii ver. 3.3U. My SD card is an Sandisk hdsc 8 gig SD card. Total file size is 4.21 gigs, main folders are LegacyXP, Apps. There is a read me and boot.elf in main folder that I'm pasting directly on to the SD card.

Wii would like to play

Last edited:

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
A secret bunker in an undisclosed location...
So... I fixed the issue I was having... Now I am wondering...

Does Ridley have a temporary gliding ability like Meta Knight?
If not that is something that I believe is essential to add that to Ridley... because... well... he is pretty much a dragon... and he has wings... so... that just makes sense.

Also do you guys think that you might be able to do a co-op with @BaganSmashBros to add some of the characters he is working on into Legacy XP? That would be awesome...

p.s. btw you are doing an amazing job on LegacyXP is your best work yet... Keep it up!

p.s.s. The only other thing I want to request is that you add more Sonic related characters... I find that in all of the smash games that it was kinda sad that they only featured Sonic as a playable character and not his friends like Knuckles and such... I thought that would be just AWESOME as well.

Last edited:

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
Okay so I am going to expand on what I said in the previous comment and am just going to make a full-blow suggestion comment. I will include a "short" list of specific characters and stages I would like to see in this mod and the reason why. I also will include a few various suggestions and where ,in general, I would like this AMAZING mod go.

Characters:
1. Krystal (Starfox)
The main reason Krystal should be added to Legacy XP is simply because she was the MOST requested character in ssb4 and wasn't even added!!! Also I think she would be nice to include in the rest of the Starfox gang... seeing that they only have 3 characters from Starfox...

2. Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)
This character was also one of the most requested characters for smash 4... and... he wasn't included either... also there are only 2 Sonic related characters in Legacy XP as of now... I find that somewhat lacking... Also with his shadow abilities I think would make a character that may be more flashy than Mewtwo!

3. Wolf Link (Legend of Zelda)
So we got Link, Toon Link, and Young Link... wait... what's this?! No Wolf Link!! Why oh cruel world!!! So yeah... if we already got 3 versions of Link why not add another one! Also I believe that is this we made into a character he would be the first Link character to have a completely unique move-set from any other character currently in the game.

4. Midna (Legend of Zelda)
I was thinking that either you could make 2 separate characters for wolf link and Midna or maybe make a character with Midna riding Link...

5. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
One thing I never understood about smash... is that they completely excluded anything related to Castlevania... That was (in my opinion) at the same level as Legend of Zelda... Anyway, I think adding Simon with his awesome whip cracking action would be awesome!

Stages:
1. Rainbow Road (Super Mario)
So I see that they already have a Mario Circuit stage in smash... Well maybe you could add Rainbow Road as a new stage a re-skin of the circuit stage or maybe even a re-skin of the Port Town Aero Dive.

2. Castlevania
Maybe you could add a stage that somehow relates to the Castlevania series... I have no idea what... but still...

General:
1. So I was thinking it would be cool if you could add maybe more features to the custom stage builder... cuz to be honest... it is VERY lacking in basically every way...

2. You should move toward adding more Sonic related characters and other content... It is kinda sad that Mario gets like 8 characters while Sonic has...2

3. This is the final idea I have... Maybe you could work toward adding Bowser's whole family in there. I think it would be pretty cool if you could do a group battle with all of Bowser's family fighting each other... AWESOME!!

So yeah.... There you have it... I am not trying to be critical of this mod in any way shape or form. How you guys are doing on it is already amazing as it is. I am just giving a few suggestions as to where I personally would like this mod to go... Even if you don't consider anything I just posted... please at least add Shadow!

Please like if you think any of these are good ideas!

Thank You for reading this...
Sincerely D34D5H0T D34D5H0T

Revised!!

So there is a guy working on adding Dark Samus to smash... maybe you could include that character? @Dark-Samus-Lives

Last edited:

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
I will include a "short" list of specific characters.
for the characters none of them will be likely, because most of the new characters they added were being worked on by community members, not saying its impossible but unless people start actually makings PSAs for those characters I wouldn't count on it.

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
for the characters none of them will be likely, because most of the new characters they added were being worked on by community members, not saying its impossible but unless people start actually makings PSAs for those characters I wouldn't count on it.
Does that they might add "Metal Face" and "King K. Rool" from @BaganSmashBros? cuz that would be cool too...

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
Wait... um... what does Kappa mean? As in Kappa Stage....

Also why isn't this mod tournament viable?

I does the exact same thing project m does. It adds some more stages.(Including legal variants of every single one.)It brings back characters from melee and add a small number of completely new ones. It even adds more costumes... It is pretty much Project M if they had more content... It doesn't modify how the game was played in Project M... so... in my opinion it is tournament viable...I think that I am going to create a tournament rule-set for this mod to prove it...

p.s. I looked through how to select alternate stages and it doesn't say what the "X" stands for when you select an "X" variant stage...

p.s.s. Could you add the names of the stages to your imgur stage previews?

Last edited:

Popthekirby

Smash Cadet
Also why isn't this mod tournament viable?

I does the exact same thing project m does. It adds some more stages.(Including legal variants of every single one.)It brings back characters from melee and add a small number of completely new ones. It even adds more costumes... It is pretty much Project M if they had more content... It doesn't modify how the game was played in Project M... so... in my opinion it is tournament viable...I think that I am going to create a tournament rule-set for this mod to prove it...
The reason this mod is not tourney legal is because the vast majority of content doesn't come from the official source. There also numerous issues with the build to be played to be played at a tournament level, such as the massive amount of stages and high probability of freezes. To add to this some of the characters aren't up to complete quality standards and are somewhat unfinished (Kirby hats). It also currently contains a work-around that breaks Mario as well.
But the biggest issue would be it changing the existing meta of project m. By add new content you essentially change how the game can be played and how certain situations could play out.

Even with all that, there isn't really anything from stopping you from hosting a LXP tourney.

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
The reason this mod is not tourney legal is because the vast majority of content doesn't come from the official source. There also numerous issues with the build to be played to be played at a tournament level, such as the massive amount of stages and high probability of freezes. To add to this some of the characters aren't up to complete quality standards and are somewhat unfinished (Kirby hats). It also currently contains a work-around that breaks Mario as well.
But the biggest issue would be it changing the existing meta of project m. By add new content you essentially change how the game can be played and how certain situations could play out.

Even with all that, there isn't really anything from stopping you from hosting a LXP tourney.
Does that mean when the build is officially released out of beta that it may be tourney legal?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Does that mean when the build is officially released out of beta that it may be tourney legal?
No.

People need to stop throwing around the term "tourney legal," especially when you have no idea what it means.

Like what Popthekirby said, "tourney legal" needs to refer to the rules for tournaments for official Project M 3.6 builds. It's confusing as it is since different regions have different stagelists/bans/counter pics etc.

LXP will never be appropriate for PM 3.6 tourneys since there are tiny balance changes like "fixed" Link grab, jump out of shield for Yoshi, etc. Not to mention other factors that would disqualify it from being used at PM 3.6 tourneys.

For a build to be "tourney" it must have no balance/moveset changes to the characters, and must have the "accepted" set of tourney stages form PM 3.6 that are untouched.

If you are interested in something like that, I suggest looking at Legacy TE.

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
No.

People need to stop throwing around the term "tourney legal," especially when you have no idea what it means.

Like what Popthekirby said, "tourney legal" needs to refer to the rules for tournaments for official Project M 3.6 builds. It's confusing as it is since different regions have different stagelists/bans/counter pics etc.

LXP will never be appropriate for PM 3.6 tourneys since there are tiny balance changes like "fixed" Link grab, jump out of shield for Yoshi, etc. Not to mention other factors that would disqualify it from being used at PM 3.6 tourneys.

For a build to be "tourney" it must have no balance/moveset changes to the characters, and must have the "accepted" set of tourney stages form PM 3.6 that are untouched.

If you are interested in something like that, I suggest looking at Legacy TE.
oh... I misunderstood... I thought that when you said that LegacyXP was not "Tourney Legal" that you meant it couldn't be used in any type of official tourney... I didn't know that you just meant it couldn't be used at project m 3.6 tourneys... Thank You for Clarifying that... and keep up the great work!

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
oh... I misunderstood... I thought that when you said that LegacyXP was not "Tourney Legal" that you meant it couldn't be used in any type of official tourney... I didn't know that you just meant it couldn't be used at project m 3.6 tourneys... Thank You for Clarifying that... and keep up the great work!
Also... I have been working on coming up with some Legacy XP tournament rules... Once I have finished them I will post them here. I have a few new ideas that I am experimenting with the rules now...

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
davidvkimball davidvkimball Will there be any updates coming up on the mod? I've waited since release for the update that fix some bugs like the Wii motion sounds errors or the freezes when plays the mod with all items activated...

(Sorry for my bad english, but i'm not a master with the languajes :,D)

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
So I finished building a rule-set for tournament play with Legacy XP... I am including a few experimental features in this rule-set. Including: Stage Alternate Striking and Stage List Striking. Please tell me what you guys think and what I can do to improve it!

Legacy XP Ruleset
General Rules

Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are best of 5.

Gentleman Rule: If all the players in a match agree upon a stage and stage variant to play on you may skip the stage striking process and go straight to that stage (Regardless of whether the stage is banned or not), unless that stage is not on the list selected at the beginning of the match. Stages in the “Other” category can only be selected in this fashion. This rule also applies to selecting the stage list that shall be used.

Items are disabled.

Input assist is disabled

All chain grabs and infinites are legal

Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.

If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage and stock are both tied, or a game ends with both characters being KO’d simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreaker is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters played on the same stage.

Playing as Giga Bowser or Wario Man is banned

Playing with the emerald costume variant of you character is banned. (Because if both players choose the same character and both hold Z they will have the same costume…)

All “Alpha” stage variations are banned. (They are usually too big and can have endless camping for 1v1 matches…)

All Kappa Stages are banned.

You may not choose the last stage or stage variation you have previously won on during a set, unless the Gentleman Rule has been applied.

You may choose any stage alternate for starter stages or counter-pick stages. UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE IN THE RULES
Doubles Rules

Team Attack enabled

Sharing stocks is allowed

All “Alpha” stage variations are legal
Stage Select Key

Press and hold A, then push correct button immediately after to use alternate.

Omega = Z = Small / no extra platforms

Alpha = Y = Big / extended

Legal = L = Hazardless/Neutral

Remix = R = Self Explanatory

Special = B = Stage that loosely relates to the main stage

Extras = D-Pad = Other stages that relate to the main stage

Retro = X = Generally it is somewhat of a Gameboy edition of the stage… but… sometimes its not…?

Kappa = X + Y + A = Just don’t ask… (Try it on the WarioWare stage…Lol)

p.s. Sometimes a stage alternate is actually a completely different stage. If this is true of one of the stages listed you may only use the stage that is named. E.g. Congo Jungle has 4 alternates that are actually the 75m stage from brawl.
Stage List
The Classics
Starter Stages
Final Destination (64)
Metal Cavern
Battlefield (64)
Dream Land
Yoshi’s Island (64)
Counter-Pick Stages
The Beginning
Hyrule Castle
Other Stages
Kongo Jungle
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Mushroom Kingdom
Saffron City
Retro Remix
(Players can only select the Retro versions of the stages)
(Players do not ban any stage alternates or do Stage Alternate Striking)
Starter Stages
Battlefield (64)
Dream Land
Green Green’s
Pokémon Stadium
Wily Castle
Counter-Pick Stages
Peach’s Castle
Great Bay
Other Stages
Mushroomy Kingdom
Saffron City
Hyrule Castle
Melee Line-Up
Starter Stages
Battlefield (M)
Final Destination (M)
Dream Land
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams (1v1)
Pokémon Stadium (Doubles)
Counter-Pick Stages
Pokémon Stadium (1v1)
Kongo Jungle (Doubles)
Brawl Line-Up
Starter Stages
Battlefield (B)
Final Destination (B)
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (B)
Counter-Pick Stages
Battleship Halberd
Pokémon Stadium
Castle Siege
Tourney Favorites
Starter Stages
Battlefield (M)
Final Destination (4)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Fountain of Dreams (1v1)
Counter-Pick Stages
Pokémon Stadium (1v1)
Kongo Jungle (Doubles)
Castle Siege
Battleship Halberd
Match Procedure

1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.

2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting first List Strike or first Stage Strike. Then play a second round of Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who chooses ports first.

3. Players take turns removing the different Stage Lists from the section above according to the results of step 2. The first player to strike removes one (1) list; the second player removes two (2), the first player then selects from the remaining two Stage Lists to use for the match.

4. Players take turns removing stages from the Starter Stages of the list selected above based upon the results of step 2. The first player to strike removes one (1) stage from the list; the second player removes two (2), the first player then selects from the remaining two stages to play on.

5. Players then take turns removing stage alternates from the stage that was selected based upon the results of step 2. The first player to strike removes one (1) alternate from the list; the second player removes two (2), then continue going back and forth removing one (1) alternate each until there are 2 left. (If there is a case where there are < 3 alternates follow this step until there are 2 stages left. If there is only 1 alternate skip this step and just select a stage.)

6. The players play the first match of the set

7. Winning player of the preceding match bans one (1) stage from either the Start or Counter-pick list for the rest of the match.

8. Winning player then bans one (1) stage alternate for the rest of the match. (e.g. “Omega” “Alpha” etc.)

9. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match from the Starter Stages or the Counter-Pick. Cannot choose the stage or stage alternate banned in the previous step, nor the last stage or stage alternate they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.

10. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

11. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

12. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.

13. The next match is played

Repeat Steps 7 through 13 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

p.s. do you think you could add some previews for the costumes that are added to legacy xp?

Btw... my favorite costume in the entire Legacy XP mod is the Light suit Samus Aran Costume alternate... I even set it as my new profile image!!!

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
So I finished building a rule-set for tournament play with Legacy XP... I am including a few experimental features in this rule-set. Including: Stage Alternate Striking and Stage List Striking. Please tell me what you guys think and what I can do to improve it!

Legacy XP Ruleset
General Rules

Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are best of 5.

Gentleman Rule: If all the players in a match agree upon a stage and stage variant to play on you may skip the stage striking process and go straight to that stage (Regardless of whether the stage is banned or not), unless that stage is not on the list selected at the beginning of the match. Stages in the “Other” category can only be selected in this fashion. This rule also applies to selecting the stage list that shall be used.

Items are disabled.

Input assist is disabled

Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.

If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage and stock are both tied, or a game ends with both characters being KO’d simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreaker is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters played on the same stage.

Playing with the emerald costume variant of you character is banned. (Because if both players choose the same character and both hold Z they will have the same costume…)

All “Alpha” stage variations are banned. (They are usually too big and can have endless camping for 1v1 matches…)

You may not choose the last stage or stage variation you have previously won on during a set, unless the Gentleman Rule has been applied.

You may choose any stage alternate for starter stages or counter-pick stages. UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE IN THE RULES
Doubles Rules

Team Attack enabled

Stage Select Key

Retro = X = Generally it is somewhat of a Gameboy edition of the stage… but… sometimes its not…?

p.s. Sometimes a stage alternate is actually a completely different stage. If this is true of one of the stages listed you may only use the stage that is named. E.g. Congo Jungle has 4 alternates that are actually the 75m stage from brawl.
Stage List
The Classics
Starter Stages
Final Destination (64)
Metal Cavern
Battlefield (64)
Dream Land
Yoshi’s Island (64)
Counter-Pick Stages
The Beginning
Hyrule Castle
Other Stages
Kongo Jungle
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Mushroom Kingdom
Saffron City
Retro Remix
Starter Stages
Battlefield (64)
Dream Land
Green Green’s
Pokémon Stadium
Wily Castle
Counter-Pick Stages
Peach’s Castle
Great Bay
Other Stages
Mushroomy Kingdom
Saffron City
Hyrule Castle
Melee Line-Up
Starter Stages
Battlefield (M)
Final Destination (M)
Dream Land
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams (1v1)
Counter-Pick Stages
Pokémon Stadium (1v1)
Kongo Jungle (Doubles)
Brawl Line-Up
Starter Stages
Battlefield (B)
Final Destination (B)
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (B)
Counter-Pick Stages
Battleship Halberd
Pokémon Stadium
Castle Siege
Tourney Favorites
Starter Stages
Battlefield (M)
Final Destination (4)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Fountain of Dreams (1v1)
Counter-Pick Stages
Pokémon Stadium (1v1)
Kongo Jungle (Doubles)
Castle Siege
Battleship Halberd
Match Procedure

1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.

2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting first List Strike or first Stage Strike. Then play a second round of Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who chooses ports first.

3. Players take turns removing the different Stage Lists from the section above according to the results of step 2. The first player to strike removes one (1) list; the second player removes two (2), the first player then selects from the remaining two Stage Lists to use for the match.

4. Players take turns removing stages from the Starter Stages of the list selected above based upon the results of step 2. The first player to strike removes one (1) stage from the list; the second player removes two (2), the first player then selects from the remaining two stages to play on.

5. Players then take turns removing stage alternates from the stage that was selected based upon the results of step 2. The first player to strike removes one (1) alternate from the list; the second player removes two (2), then continue going back and forth removing one (1) alternate each until there are 2 left. (If there is a case where there are < 3 alternates follow this step until there are 2 stages left. If there is only 1 alternate skip this step and just select a stage.)

7. Winning player of the preceding match bans one (1) stage from either the Start or Counter-pick list for the rest of the match.

8. Winning player then bans one (1) stage alternate for the rest of the match. (e.g. “Omega” “Alpha” etc.)

9. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match from the Starter Stages or the Counter-Pick. Cannot choose the stage or stage alternate banned in the previous step, nor the last stage or stage alternate they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.

p.s. do you think you could add some previews for the costumes that are added to legacy xp?

Btw... my favorite costume in the entire Legacy XP mod is the Light suit Samus Aran Costume alternate... I even set it as my new profile image!!!
Neat stuff, but I don't think all Alpha stages are viable.

MetaFalcario

Smash Rookie
Alright, so I've got an 8bg SDHC card, formatted to FAT32, I've moved codes and the gameconfig.txt to the root of the card, and I'm using the gecko launcher instead of the PM3.6 one because that always sends me back to the Wii Menu whether I'm going hackless or not, but everytime I try and boot the game through Homebrew it loads up regular Brawl except multiple copies of Pokemon Stadium and Hanenbow appear and when I enter a match the game crashes with a loud buzz. I also tried letterbomb, but the letter never appeared. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just screwed?

Last edited:

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
so... I realize that my Legacy XP request comment was... Pretty stupid considering the fact that I found out that 90% of the things I was request were either in the game or not possible... sorry about that.. I fixed up a new one and set it as my signature... But just for good measure Ill put it here... All of the requests I made have been shortened and are much more reasonable than before...

Legacy XP Requests​

You should port the rest of the characters in SSB4:
:4bayonetta2::4bowserjr::4cloud::4corrin::4darkpit: :4duckhunt::4greninja::4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4ryu::4shulk::4villager::4wiifitm:
You should also add the following characters that people are working on or are finished:
W.I.P.
King K. Rool|Metal Face|Kraid
Finished
Dark Samus|Gray Fox|Bass|Sora|Shadow|Skull Kid|Lugia|Groudon|Zero|Wisp

You should also port the rest of the SSB4 stages.
Also... maybe you could add the "Alloy" characters as actual playable characters...

And finally... you should add the Star Knight costume for Meta Knight... it looks AWESOME!!!

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
davidvkimball davidvkimball Will there be any updates coming up on the mod? I've waited since release for the update that fix some bugs like the Wii motion sounds errors or the freezes when plays the mod with all items activated...

(Sorry for my bad english, but i'm not a master with the languajes :,D)
There are updates coming.

Legacy XP Ruleset
General Rules

Items are disabled.

Input assist is disabled

Doubles Rules

Team Attack enabled

Stage Select Key

Stage List
The Classics
Starter Stages
Final Destination (64)
Metal Cavern
Battlefield (64)
Dream Land
Yoshi’s Island (64)
Counter-Pick Stages
The Beginning
Hyrule Castle
Other Stages
Kongo Jungle
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Mushroom Kingdom
Saffron City
Retro Remix
Starter Stages
Battlefield (64)
Dream Land
Green Green’s
Pokémon Stadium
Wily Castle
Counter-Pick Stages
Peach’s Castle
Great Bay
Other Stages
Mushroomy Kingdom
Saffron City
Hyrule Castle
Melee Line-Up
Starter Stages
Battlefield (M)
Final Destination (M)
Dream Land
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams (1v1)
Counter-Pick Stages
Pokémon Stadium (1v1)
Kongo Jungle (Doubles)
Brawl Line-Up
Starter Stages
Battlefield (B)
Final Destination (B)
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (B)
Counter-Pick Stages
Battleship Halberd
Pokémon Stadium
Castle Siege
Tourney Favorites
Starter Stages
Battlefield (M)
Final Destination (4)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Fountain of Dreams (1v1)
Counter-Pick Stages
Pokémon Stadium (1v1)
Kongo Jungle (Doubles)
Castle Siege
Battleship Halberd
Match Procedure

Amazing work creating this. I don't know how this could be used but I applaud your efforts in organizing the content in this way and actually creating a ruleset.

Neat stuff, but I don't think all Alpha stages are viable.
Problem is, like I mentioned previously, "viable" becomes meaningless at this point. Viable for what? It's an arbitrary measure since there's no formal definition of what makes something "tourney legal" for LXP or not. You'd be inventing it.

Alright, so I've got an 8bg SDHC card, formatted to FAT32, I've moved codes and the gameconfig.txt to the root of the card, and I'm using the gecko launcher instead of the PM3.6 one because that always sends me back to the Wii Menu whether I'm going hackless or not, but everytime I try and boot the game through Homebrew it loads up regular Brawl except multiple copies of Pokemon Stadium and Hanenbow appear and when I enter a match the game crashes with a loud buzz. I also tried letterbomb, but the letter never appeared. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just screwed?
Alright so a few things. You absolutely must use the boot.elf that comes with LXP or it won't load properly. Also, if you're not finding Letterbomb, I'd try using a different, smaller SD card, JUST put the Letterbomb files on it. Then, when the letter appears in the Wii menu, take out that SD card and put in your 8GB one with LXP on it and try and launch it from there. Good luck!

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
There are updates coming.

Amazing work creating this. I don't know how this could be used but I applaud your efforts in organizing the content in this way and actually creating a ruleset.

Problem is, like I mentioned previously, "viable" becomes meaningless at this point. Viable for what? It's an arbitrary measure since there's no formal definition of what makes something "tourney legal" for LXP or not. You'd be inventing it.

Alright so a few things. You absolutely must use the boot.elf that comes with LXP or it won't load properly. Also, if you're not finding Letterbomb, I'd try using a different, smaller SD card, JUST put the Letterbomb files on it. Then, when the letter appears in the Wii menu, take out that SD card and put in your 8GB one with LXP on it and try and launch it from there. Good luck!
Wow... Thanks for the compliment! I kid you not... I spent 8.8 hours editing that... If anyone has anymore ideas for different stage list themes I would be glad to hear them!

Da_BiggesT

Smash Rookie
There will be a Legaxy XP without the stage expansion??, many of the stages run laggy on the wii and it will be nice to have one with the original PM stages and the Legacy XP content, like the project EX that have two
Keep up the good work

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Hey so I stumbled across Legacy XP and was pretty interested in it but when I tried to install it it continuously gives me a black screen whenever I try to run it. I'm using the Dolphin version and made sure to follow the instructions exactly, I copied the Brawl ISO I used for Project M and pasted it into the Builder folder as the instructions said and ran the Legacy XP 2.0 .bat file. It seemed to have run without error however when I checked the Error Log text file it was just filled to the brim with "The system cannot find the path specified."
After this I decided to run the dolphin lxp - [performance].exe in the Dolphin LXP folder and everything loaded up fine, albeit after having to tell my security program Norton to stop quarantining the exe. However when I try to play the .wad file I am greeted with only a black screen. I've tried doing the whole process over again but to no avail so I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. If you need screenshots of anything related to the problem I would be more than happy to provide. Thanks and have a nice day. :)

ShadowOfSilver

Smash Rookie
How do I modify the RSBE file so I can add even more custom characters to XP? At least, I think that's my problem. I made 55.dat files for all the config files, set the ID to 0x91, and made the fighter folder (it's a clone of Ike for now that I plan to put Cloud over). The second Ike isn't showing up in the character selection screen.

MissingLuigi

Smash Rookie
How can I select the B versions of stages? When I try it, it either puts me back at the CSS or just loads the normal version of that stage.

Top Bottom