• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Hours later, Sakurai saw your post and went "oh we forgot!"! ;)

This is a really nice OP, Frostwraith, keep up the good work!
I'm pretty happy with this release date. Right when all my friends come home for the holiday. Thank God for no delay.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
YES! RELEASE DATE IS CLOSE! SMASH IN HD, ALMOST HERE! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/

An update on the Smash OST offer, including 2 separate lists of sample music for each version. The Wii U version has a couple of new tracks officially confirmed:

• Egg Planet
  • The Great Cave Offensive
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Medley
  • Fight 1 (Fire Emblem Gaiden)

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know when the controller adapters are being sold separately? Or do they only come with the bundle? I'm digitally getting Smash this time around.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How many stages would the WiiU version realistically have? It has more space available but HD graphixs are hard. That's why """"""""REAL"""""""""" *cough* fighting games these days only have five stages max despite having a bagillion characters.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So... you guys remember this?

In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!

This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!
They called Smash world, that was just found yesterday on the 3DS files

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So new music huh. I hope KI gets some epic music, and a 2nd stage. I'm sure the Wii U will deliver for sure though.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

I feel like I got to believe you since Smash World is right, but I don't know...we'll see.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
So... you guys remember this?

They called Smash world, that was just found yesterday on the 3DS files
I've heard conflicting reports. Did this leak come before or after the data mined voice clip of Smash World?

TrevonMarrast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luigicheesecake

I want this to happen, but it sounds too good to be true.:crying::crying::crying:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman

i believe this guy, i didn't believe video leak and gematsu at first and saw what i've got.
So yes, i do believe, since the game already has a mode called "smash world" confirmed(announcer voice), i'll totally believe this

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ugh, more leaks. I think most of you know I was totally against the last one, and was proven wrong. And if my opinion on THIS leak is wrong to, I might as well leave SmashBoards due to humiliation. So we'll just have to wait and see then.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Ugh, more leaks. I think most of you know I was totally against the last one, and was proven wrong. And if my opinion on THIS leak is wrong to, I might as well leave SmashBoards due to humiliation. So we'll just have to wait and see then.
Here's a leak:
Duck Hunt Dog is playable.

You can choose to believe it or not.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Here's a leak:
Duck Hunt Dog is playable.

You can choose to believe it or not.
Great, another one of THOSE people...why don't you shut your mouth if you don't have anything nice to say, alright? Save me (and the world) some time...I don't like typing back at people who I honestly don't care for, especially when I've got better things to do.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Great, another one of THOSE people...why don't you shut your mouth if you don't have anything nice to say, alright? Save me (and the world) some time...I don't like typing back at people who I honestly don't care for, especially when I've got better things to do.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
This leak is so obviously fake, I feel bad for the people buying into it. Some 15 year old happened to guess some generic game mode name and lists a ridiculous amount of fan-favorite characters that would please most everybody, how is this believable?

SmashBrah

Smash Rookie
NNID
ForrestAnthony
This leak is so obviously fake, I feel bad for the people buying into it. Some 15 year old happened to guess some generic game mode name and lists a ridiculous amount of fan-favorite characters that would please most everybody, how is this believable?
Well, I'm 20 years old and didn't think of it. Honestly, If you had told me about Smash World several months ago, I would've thought that was a terribly unimaginative name, and that no company would actually use it...and I think it's safe to say other people would agree, otherwise I think plenty more Smash World "leaks" would have surfaced.

I don't doubt that this could very well be a hoax, but considering Link just got put into Mario Kart (which is something you wouldn't have been able to have paid me to believe 6 months ago), honestly I'm not brushing anything off until it 100% deconfirmed.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't believe the Smash World rumor. At another forum I frequent a guy claimed there will be a Smash WOrld mode which is the Adventure mode. The mode puts you in an interconnected map (think metroidvania). of course everyone ignored him. Either way it just proves that anyone can get lucky with calling something as generic sounding as Smash World.

With the game being a month away I am getting fed up with not knowing any modes in the Wii U version though. We knew about smash Run months before the 3DS release and we got that 3DS modes teaser all the way back during the direct. It is time that Sakurai gave us something to look forward too other than pretty graphics. Smash 3DS has sold 3million. Showing the superior modes in the Wii U version will not harm sells I think

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Listen, people. This thread only catalogues officially confirmed information. Rumours and leaks are out.

And this thread is not for discussion either.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
HOLD IT! Dr.Luigi?........Welp If he is an actual Newcomer I must be psychic.... Also Mr.Prince I have a few questions that you could hopefully answer but since I won't want to spam up the thread I will PM you however one thing puzzles me its the fact of Dr.Luigi would he be [If he is a newcomer not an alt] a clone of Luigi or a character with a brand new move set?:ohwell:

Can I call this into question since freaking Dr Luigi of all things is being considered?
No Because This Is a Guy who added Mr.Game And Watch to a Nintendo All star fighting game :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Look at 0:10. You were saying? :ohwell:
Stuff like this can easily be faked, but FalKoopa is telling us to stop talking about this stuff (unless I'm misunderstanding what he said) so I suggest we take his advice. To try and change the conversation I have a question, what gameplay mechanics/techniques (strategy wise) does everyone think might be changed between the 3DS and Wii U versions?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Nah man if Isaac :') please if an thing let there be a golden sun shining down :'D

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
No characters from any Pilotwings game. Sorry.

I also got an email from my buddy who gave me the information on a previous page. I can't show you the email for legal reasons. And give me crap for this, You'll feel pretty stupid when this does happen. So complain and hate all you want, you'll just come out looking like an idiot.

Now then...

More characters and DENIALS of previous characters. Apparently, I was lied to.

THE CHARACTERS FOR SURE ON THE Way are the following

Ridley, Impa, Choir Boys(NOT CHORUS MEN ANYMORE), Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong

Lucas and Wolf are eventually coming but not until early 2015.
Ice Climbers or Ice Climber are still being tested, so it may be 2015 before we get them or never. I asked, and right now they said Ice Climbers have a 10% percent chance in making it in. Sorry guys! The 3DS just can't handle 4 Ice Climber players at once on one screen.

Mach Rider, Solid Snake, Galacta Knight, Roy, and Machamp WERE ALL FAKES! THEY are INDEED NOT COMING! Bust out those Mii making skills people, you're going to need them for these guys..

Blaziken has been scrapped. He required too many moving abilities and it just wasn't working out.
Dr. Luig is INDEED Coming in any way shape or form!
They can't decide whether to make him an alt. for Luigi, or a separate character.

Isaac from Golden Sun is becoming a character! GET HYPE YALL!

Wonder - Red is just going to be an assist trophy now...may be featuring the rest of the gang too.

SO TO RECAP

FIGHTERS OFFICIALLY COMING AT SOME TIME ARE!!

Ridley, Impa, Choir Boys, Mewtwo, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Lucas, Wolf, and one more secret character I will reveal shortly.
The guy/woman(CANT SAY), does not work with stages! He is unable to leak any info about stages! Sorry!

ALSO! The Captain Toad rumor is indeed fake. He is not coming. Not even an assist.

Now the secret character

The characters from Splatoon!

The first DLC will be free. Call it DLC or whatever you want

Everyone knows this leak by now. Connect the 3DS to the WIi U and get additional stuff
Characters will be Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Choir Boys, and Impa.

SECOND DLC will be released March 2015
The characters are Lucas, Wolf, and hopefully Ice Climbers, if not Ice Climbers, then they will add Roy.

THIRD DLC will be when Splatoon! Releases! SAME DAY AND EVEYTHING!

The characters will be Isaac, SPLATOON GIRL AND BOY, and maybe Dr. Luigi or the Urban Champion.

The Splatoon Character(NAME UNKNOWN) is going to be one fighter. Similar to Robin, he and she will be able to have the same moves and everything. The only difference is that you can switch from different variations of the fighter. Also, the Squids will be enemies in Smash Run and we will get a stage of Splatoon!.
And that's ALL folks!
Oh please dude don't toy with me if this is real I get my 3 back and Isaac in :') And to me all the other things are just added bonuses ='D

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
so about that announcer thing is it possible that this could be true? coming from Mr.Prince who is essentially Gematsu 2.0 we should consider half of what he says

No Because This Is a Guy who added JigglyPuff,Mr.Game And Watch,R.O.B, and Duck hunt to a Nintendo All star fighting game :troll:
i fixed it

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
i fixed it
Better

so about that announcer thing is it possible that this could be true? coming from Mr.Prince who is essentially Gematsu 2.0 we should consider half of what he says
Actually If This Is real it means Gematsu was real after all but just had wrong/old info

But This Guy is Totally Legit because he has mains for the Smash Games which means he must not be lying:troll:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT THE "MOTHERF***ING LEAKER"?! He specifically stated that Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Men, Impa, and Mach Rider are "on their way".

At this point I think we should only be expecting Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Men (Choir Boys, whatever).

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT THE "MOTHERF***ING LEAKER"?! He specifically stated that Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Men, Impa, and Mach Rider are "on their way".

At this point I think we should only be expecting Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Men (Choir Boys, whatever).
Chorus Men and Choir Boys are two different Groups of Characters though:secretkpop:
And he never said anything about those other characters those were other sources claiming it

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You don't want me start cracking the hammer, do you? Seriously, This thread is NOT for discussion, and NOT for leaks. Take them elsewhere.

Any more posts about them WILL be infracted. No ifs and buts.

Top Bottom