• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Crusade v0.9.1 Trailer

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I saw Goku. I'm done. I can't understand why people want the 'best videogame characters', yet they add anime characters.

Of course, this is just a preference, but personally, keep anime away from stuff like this unless you state "videogame and anime".
Why not just disregard Goku in the selection screen?

=P I don't know who Saki is, so I just don't use her.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Crusade looks cool but the thing that puts me off is those janky looking character renders, they're so ugly

And why the **** is Goku in this game but Zelda and Sheik aren't?? WTF???

Last edited:

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Great Job, Dustination and Crusade Team! Quality levels are at an all-time high for this game!

Also, Shantae is bae!

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
"You can choose which air dodge you prefer"

......................HOW THE F**K DID NO ONE COME UP WITH THAT!?!?!?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
"to create a Smash Bros. game packed with characters and stages from the most memorable video games of all time as well as create a Smash Bros. experience that combines the greatest features that all official Smash Bros. games have to offer."
So another mess like Mugen?

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
Crusade really does have the best Ganondorf ever made in a Smash game.

Also for people that are mentioning the character portraits I'm pretty sure they're supposed to look completely silly, just look at DK's. People shouldn't look too hard into it.
His down B is a little wonky but it's getting better.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Hi, I'm here to answer a couple of questions.

Regarding Goku- this is another example of a choice the old development team made that we're stuck with. This is also the reason you see other oddball characters such as Ristar and Gooey. While myself and many others don't agree with his inclusion, there's nothing we can do about it. He's in the game, people do enjoy him, and the last thing we want to do is cut somebody's main. Fun Fact: We actually receive requests every day to add more anime characters. Rest assured Goku will remain the only '4th party' character in Crusade.

With the quality of the visuals in the game, like it was stated in the trailer, we're working our hardest to fix them. We have a very small development team and these things take time.

I'm here to answer any more questions you may have.

So another mess like Mugen?
You're very funny.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I think literally one of the few problems with this game once this update's done are the sprites. I mean, some of them are pretty good, but most of 'em feel meh.

Really hope they fix Shantae's face.

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
I'm here to answer any more questions you may have.
Thanks for all the effort you guys have put in! I did have a question though about jump height. The trailer mentioned there'd only be 2 set heights of a short hop and full hop.

Do you think this could have a negative effect if the players aren't able to control the height of their jumps?

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
I saw Goku. I'm done. I can't understand why people want the 'best videogame characters', yet they add anime characters.

Of course, this is just a preference, but personally, keep anime away from stuff like this unless you state "videogame and anime".
They already stated Goku will be the only fourth party character. Meaning the rest of the cast will be video game characters. Goku was put in since it's been a tradition for near every smash fan-made game
Yeah, no Naruto and such like such like SSF2 thankfully.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
That doesn't explain why he was added over Zelda and Sheik in the first place though
Actually if you were following the development back in the day, you'd know it's a well established fact that the inclusion of Petey Piranha is the sole reason why Zelda hasn't been added.

Last edited:

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Thanks for all the effort you guys have put in! I did have a question though about jump height. The trailer mentioned there'd only be 2 set heights of a short hop and full hop.

Do you think this could have a negative effect if the players aren't able to control the height of their jumps?
Hi, thanks for asking, We've received this question a few times now.
In official Smash, there are actually also only two jump heights, short and full; nothing in-between. Earlier versions of Crusade featured variable jump height and this was actually more difficult to control and not true to the series.

Hope that answered your question. =)

Actually if you were following the development back in the day, you'd know it's a well a established fact that the inclusion of Petey Piranha is the sole reason why Zelda hasn't been added.
You stop that.

Last edited:

ME GRIMLOCH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MeGrimloch
How have I not heard more things about this game??? It looks amazing!

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
The funny thing is Krystal's move set in this game looks so random and forced, just to make her look interesting. And her fur color looked like a shade of green instead of blue.

That DK is perfection.
I honestly thought he was flipping the bird when I first saw this a while back.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
This game looks so great! My only problem with it is it cant be controlled by analogue! Now that gamecube controllers are easily linked to PC's, can you guys code the game to be played with a joystick thew way smash bros works on a console? (ie slight tilt is slow walk, more tilt is a faster walk, and a quick tap is run). Id love to play this game, but i just cant get into it without better controls :(

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's not like he got in over them. They're just not add in yet. Even if they're never added it's not like the debs thought "let's add Goju instead of (insert character here)"
Still, it annoys me that they leave out more important characters like Zelda, Dedede, Diddy, anyone else from Fire Emblem etc yet add characters like Goku, Geno, petey, 4 sonic characters, phoenix wright and characters like that

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
This game looks so great! My only problem with it is it cant be controlled by analogue! Now that gamecube controllers are easily linked to PC's, can you guys code the game to be played with a joystick thew way smash bros works on a console? (ie slight tilt is slow walk, more tilt is a faster walk, and a quick tap is run). Id love to play this game, but i just cant get into it without better controls :(
You should watch the trailer. (;

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have no problem with the sprites and I'm loving the new additions to the game.

Though, what is their infatuation with strange fan-art? :p There is prettier art available for the CSS, both official and fan-made.

:231:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
It's only for PC...
:mad:
Never used a Mac but IIRC there's a program that allows you to run Windows apps. You could possibly use it to run Crusade. Also SSF2 works on OSX natively if you're interested. Although if you simply dual-booted Windows you'd have a much better time.

Top Bottom