• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Crusade v0.9.1 Trailer

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Super Smash Bros. Crusade is a fan made Smash game with the goal "to create a Smash Bros. game packed with characters and stages from the most memorable video games of all time as well as create a Smash Bros. experience that combines the greatest features that all official Smash Bros. games have to offer."

Recently a stream to showcase v0.9.1 took place showing off things being updated for the game. For those who couldn't catch the stream live a video has been made to get all the information out to the public. Give it a watch and learn more about Super Smash Bros. Crusade!

SmashCapps hopes people will watch the video and give the game a go. To keep up with his writing and all things Smash be sure to follow him on Twitter.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
"to create a Smash Bros. game packed with characters and stages from the most memorable video games of all time
I saw goku

Please....!..not :(

Last edited:

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
I remember waiting on the stream... The countdown reaches 0.... The stream goes offline. They stream a match and then say they were gonna upload it to YouTube... 50 wasted minutes of my life!

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
Oh wow...I might actually need to try this game again...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I remember the first time I've played this game at Apex 2012. Good ****ing times. I also remember that one time at a tourney (probably KTAR) where Yoshi got patched during an on going tourney because we figured out how broken Yoshi's egg lay was by the edges. One egg lay and you slowly drift away.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
First out of many comments complaining about the sprites :rolleyes:
A Brazilian pal of mines is the biggest nitpicker when it comes to the sprites, even to the point of calling them ugly. At least they are planning on improving their visual appearance and smoothness in the next demo.

That's than enough for me to main
WAAAAAAAAA and Tingle.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
>Shantae

Sold.

But really, I'm plesant surprised by all this. I'll definitely have to give the game another shot.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wonder... If I took the time to do some serious spriting akin to their art-style, and I composed/arranged the theme songs, for one particular character... could I make it easier for said particular character to get included?

Just thinkning out loud.

I was really skeptical about this, but this trailer sure made me interested in this game.

Last edited:

Twunt

Smash Cadet
I played a v0.9 match or two at SSC and had an absolute blast. I'm looking forward to playing this again once I get a GC controller USB adapter.

It was really cool to see the non-SSB cast and their movesets - the developers really took some iconic characters and made their movesets fit their style and uniqueness. I highly recommend this and can't wait to see the new developments in future iterations!

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I can't believe I'm saying this... But the sprites actually look good. Really good. The art still looks garbage though.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
It certainly much better. It's nice to see that the sprites match each other better, even if it doesn't do as good a job as SSF2. Improving animations also seems promising. Though if they want to improve visuals then they really need to redo most of the character portraits. They look really bad, especially characters like Mario.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
That native controller support really got to me. It's miles ahead of SSF2 in that respect. Crusade used to look and feel really unnatural, but I think I'll try it out again soon. It's going in a good direction, that's for sure.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I need Shulk :3

Think I will try it out though

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That moment when this game is only compatible with Windows.

Sucks being a Mac user then. :urg:

Caterpillor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9928-7747
I was very disappointed with Crusade when I tested it, especially because of the sprites but this trailer gave me hope ! It seems smoother and I'm waiting for the native controller option !
Really eager to play Petey Piranha and Snivy !

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hope the game hits the point where everything's set on stone gameplay-wise. Just imagine the sprites in similar fluidity as that of DarkStalkers/BlazBlue/Guilty Gear and like.

Would take loads of work but they could just improve on the animations that are there.

Amazing game so far though, just astounding.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Crusade really does have the best Ganondorf ever made in a Smash game.

Also for people that are mentioning the character portraits I'm pretty sure they're supposed to look completely silly, just look at DK's. People shouldn't look too hard into it.

Last edited:

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
Honestly, my main gripe with this game was the lack of native controller support.

Game is still objectively awful, but it is a blast to play casually with friends.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Wow this looks great.I'll have to try this out again for sure.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
super smash flash and this are cool and all, but i can never play a smash game that has goku and all these third party characters in it. Smash crusade doesn't have king k rool? dixie kong? Isaac? Well at least it has krystal.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
super smash flash and this are cool and all, but i can never play a smash game that has goku and all these third party characters in it. Smash crusade doesn't have king k rool? dixie kong? Isaac? Well at least it has krystal.
The funny thing is Krystal's move set in this game looks so random and forced, just to make her look interesting. And her fur color looked like a shade of green instead of blue.

Those are some ugly *** CSS icons, lol.
That DK is perfection.

Last edited:

mikael fernandes

Smash Cadet
The funny thing is Krystal's move set in this game looks so random and forced, just to make her look interesting. And her fur color looked like a shade of green instead of blue.

That DK is perfection.
ITS BEAUTIFUL :dkmelee:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I saw Goku. I'm done. I can't understand why people want the 'best videogame characters', yet they add anime characters.

Of course, this is just a preference, but personally, keep anime away from stuff like this unless you state "videogame and anime".

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
All I ask is for some sort of patching system for consistent updates. They say things will be improved over time, but I've been waiting for a long time for them to fix the most common complaints.
It's been so long I forgot about this game's existence.

Top Bottom