• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Battalion - Help Bring Us Out of Hiatus! Apply as a Coder Today!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think it's best to discuss things besides characters not confirmed yet, I'll go ahead and just tell you this though.
Smash 64 veterans are back when sprites for them are done, that's to be a given.
Veterans at all will be plenty, Melee to Smash 4.
Ofc, newcomers are a huge given.
No current plans to borrow from Project M aside from a thing or two which we'll show some other time.
Pretty much just depends on sprites and whether or not it's towards a planned character.
I may be misunderstanding you, but this isn't quite 100% accurate.

All Smash Bros. series veterans will return for this game.

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know for sure if you wanted that to be confirmed yet or not, because it is pretty bold to add literally every veteran and then maybe 50 more newcomers, but I guess it's not a 100% confirmation just yet. Remember, Smash 4 planned all veterans to come back yet the only one who came back after being removed from Brawl was Dr. Mario. It's just the fact that a Smash Bros. fan game will try as much as it can to bring back whatever veterans they can, it's just harder for these types of games since we need spriters willing to do these very big sheets of these beloved fighters.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I didn't know for sure if you wanted that to be confirmed yet or not, because it is pretty bold to add literally every veteran and then maybe 50 more newcomers, but I guess it's not a 100% confirmation just yet. Remember, Smash 4 planned all veterans to come back yet the only one who came back after being removed from Brawl was Dr. Mario. It's just the fact that a Smash Bros. fan game will try as much as it can to bring back whatever veterans they can, it's just harder for these types of games since we need spriters willing to do these very big sheets of these beloved fighters.
Whoa there, who said anything about 50 more newcomers? We've got a lot in store, for sure, but 50? that's a little too big, y'know? (Like Ridley)

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty good at exaggeration, but 50 is a rough estimate going off the confirmed roster ya got going.
50+ veterans, 50+ newcomers. IMO I personally don't see this roster being much bigger than Crusade's, maybe by a couple if we worked on this for a few years (Crusade's been around for a long time, 2009 was when it started IIRC). However SSF2 had a longer life span yet only boasts a roster just barely smaller than the size of Melee's (at least with SSF2 they don't leave files around suggesting even more fighters).
This is why I wanna go off and say none of this is 100% confirmed, unless a character has a full sprite sheet, I feel a fighter isn't fully confirmed and the only bit of confirmation we can even show is just saying that we want this character and that they are on the roster.
IDK, I need to quit thinking this way and just go with whatever happens, continue on with whatever I can and just hope we get somewhere. I just have a slight worry right now and it's a little too early to really be doing that I guess...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm pretty good at exaggeration, but 50 is a rough estimate going off the confirmed roster ya got going.
50+ veterans, 50+ newcomers. IMO I personally don't see this roster being much bigger than Crusade's, maybe by a couple if we worked on this for a few years (Crusade's been around for a long time, 2009 was when it started IIRC). However SSF2 had a longer life span yet only boasts a roster just barely smaller than the size of Melee's (at least with SSF2 they don't leave files around suggesting even more fighters).
This is why I wanna go off and say none of this is 100% confirmed, unless a character has a full sprite sheet, I feel a fighter isn't fully confirmed and the only bit of confirmation we can even show is just saying that we want this character and that they are on the roster.
IDK, I need to quit thinking this way and just go with whatever happens, continue on with whatever I can and just hope we get somewhere. I just have a slight worry right now and it's a little too early to really be doing that I guess...
Chill, bro. There is no guarantee that veteran number = newcomer number. Look at Smash 4.

35 Veterans, 17 Newcomers (including all 3 Mii Fighters seperately)

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Wait, if the game will have all characters does that means we will have :younglinkmelee:, :4link: and :4tlink: in the same game? (if so, hopefully they're luigified to be more different from each other.)

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link will probably have some moves he had specifically in Wind Waker.
Young Link is confirmed to be mostly Majora's Mask-based.
Regular Link could get some changes if we're changing Toon Link, basically a build-up in speed and whatever else could be added that doesn't alienate players (I don't see what's the problem with changing a fighter up, if they don't like it they have the official games to go to and likely will do so anyways).

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Presenting Alpha Test Demo 1.02! Final Destination is in color, and we have fixed all currently known glitches. Enjoy this sneak preview!
That's a nice Gregarlink Mario ya got there.

I'm just going to say this like everyone else, at the rate you're going the characters will contrast and your game will look artistically unappealing and ugly.
You can be a good developer and take time to fix up the sprites at the very least, or you can be Big Red Button and rush out an unpolished game.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

I'm just going to say this like everyone else, at the rate you're going the characters will contrast and your game will look artistically unappealing and ugly.
You can be a good developer and take time to fix up the sprites at the very least, or you can be Big Red Button and rush out an unpolished game.
Once again, I must point out Gregarlink's sprites are not the finished product. They will be polished at a later date. Furthermore, we've had to do several customs of his Mario to work. We're just focusing on getting a demo out first, then polishing it up afterward.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

PAC-MAN Hungers for Battle....AGAIN!

Hello everybody! Keybladeguy here with another special announcement! After a little bit of work attempting to find the next fighter to add to our Demo 0.1 Roster, we found something quite interesting. A NEARLY COMPLETE spritesheet of PAC-MAN in SSB4 sprited glory was just sitting there. So, naturally, we asked the creator of the sheet and he said a nice resounding YES!

Lisnovski, talented Smash Bros. dA spriter and Super Smash Flash 2 developer has given us special permission to use his PAC-MAN sheet in Project: Smash Bros. X! Naturally, it's not the finished product. It will need to be tweaked and fine-tuned in the future to match our other sprites, but for now it's a great start! We are proud to have PAC-MAN join the cast of Project: SSBX 1.0 - and we hope you look forward to it as well!

Interestingly, we now have 7 fighters in 1.0 planning. But, me, with my minor OCD acting up, needs to make it an even number. So, we're officially announcing the P:SSBX 1.0 roster will have a total of 8 fighters! And this fighter #8....

....is a newcomer.

Stay tuned for future updates!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

There's a reason why is this isn't even in Alpha...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Presenting Alpha Test Demo 1.02! Final Destination is in color, and we have fixed all currently known glitches. Enjoy this sneak preview!
While I understand this is very early, if there's one thing I can recommend, it's that Mario is bit on the small side and might need enlarging. I don't know if that's because the stage itself is larger, but it's just what I think.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

All feedback is appreciated. But it is a fact that feedback based off inaccurate information or perceptions is irrelevant.
So, I believe this has been stated before, but I shall say it again for maximum clarification:

Mario is the only character shown in this thread that has sprites from DeviantArt. ALL other visual content posted in this thread from the project is custom created by active members of the development team.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
While I understand this is very early, if there's one thing I can recommend, it's that Mario is bit on the small side and might need enlarging. I don't know if that's because the stage itself is larger, but it's just what I think.
We realize this, and we are going to be working on making the size much more proper in the near future.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

PAC-MAN Hungers for Battle....AGAIN!

Hello everybody! Keybladeguy here with another special announcement! After a little bit of work attempting to find the next fighter to add to our Demo 0.1 Roster, we found something quite interesting. A NEARLY COMPLETE spritesheet of PAC-MAN in SSB4 sprited glory was just sitting there. So, naturally, we asked the creator of the sheet and he said a nice resounding YES!

Lisnovski, talented Smash Bros. dA spriter and Super Smash Flash 2 developer has given us special permission to use his PAC-MAN sheet in Project: Smash Bros. X! Naturally, it's not the finished product. It will need to be tweaked and fine-tuned in the future to match our other sprites, but for now it's a great start! We are proud to have PAC-MAN join the cast of Project: SSBX 1.0 - and we hope you look forward to it as well!

Interestingly, we now have 7 fighters in 1.0 planning. But, me, with my minor OCD acting up, needs to make it an even number. So, we're officially announcing the P:SSBX 1.0 roster will have a total of 8 fighters! And this fighter #8....

....is a newcomer.

Stay tuned for future updates!
Pac-Man was just leaked for SSF2, and he's using the sprites you said you would use.

And while you can still put him in, you'd basically have a copy-paste from Smash a Flash 2.

Last edited:

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
I`m looking forward to this, i see a good future for it.

Edit: Also, an idea for a character if you don`t mind:

Character: Hakkun

Picture:

Playstyle: A fast, high jumping character with a weak attack and a moderate special. His normals would be fast jabs with the beak, and grabs would be him "absorbing" his opponents through his beak, like what he does in his game, where you can crush your opponents inside you, or launch them in different directions.

Neutral Special - Drink: Similar to Kirby`s neutral special, except he doesn't gain an ability and he can drop the opponent out anywhere, if you don`t do anything with your opponent for 10 seconds then you drop them automatically.

Side Special - Paint Shooter: Hakkun will shoot out 1 of 3 different colors of pain, blue, red or yellow, each will have a different effect in which way they are sent after being hit. The red paint sends the opponent up or down, the blue sends them left of right and yellow send them off diagonally.

Up Special - Star Launch: Hakkun shoots up in any direction given in the form of the white star that he uses to enter a level in his game. The attack can damage an opponent if hit, but wont send them very far.

Down Special - Block Place: Hakkun places a see through block on the ground, if shot with Paint Shooter, the block will fly off in a different direction depending on the color. It can also be used as a barrier from projectiles.

Final Smash - Pain Bomb: Red, blue and yellow jars fall out of the sky exploding on impact, if a jar hits an opponent they get launched off in a direction, again, based on the color of the paint.

Stage: I doubt he would need a stage, but if there is 1 stage that should be included for him then i`d say an enlarged stage 1-2.

I doubt this character seems fit for smash, but i thought he would be fun to play as. Sorry for wasting your time, hope you consider Hakkun playable for PSSBX.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
We appreciate any ideas.
However, we most likely won't say much publicly in regards to new characters.
This doesn't mean we won't consider them, though!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
To be honest, i`ll be happy with him just being considered.
At least the main protagonist from all Nintendo games we know of is considered at this point. But we've already locked the majority of the roster in. If Hakkun wants in, he will have to beat out lots of other fighters in the fan selection poll when I post it. (Soon.......)

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
At least the main protagonist from all Nintendo games we know of is considered at this point. But we've already locked the majority of the roster in. If Hakkun wants in, he will have to beat out lots of other fighters in the fan selection poll when I post it. (Soon.......)
Well, he`s getting at least 1 vote, and that`ll be me.

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
When I figure out how to make a proper poll where you can choose multiple options through Google

Should be up sometime in the next few weeks.
Awesome, i look forward to it, you could use strawpoll, its easy to use, i used it just to wind people up on a twitch stream once.

Top Bottom