• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 64 - A community reputation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
whats a neet

also, why focus on individuals when the thread title is community reputation

like, shoulda said smash 64 community is pretty diverse
Canada, USA, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Various places in europe, Australia i guess, etc
where would there be players we dont know about? china, russia, south korea, taiwan, south africa, etc

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
If this thread becomes an excuse to harass someone it will be locked immediately and infractions will be given.

Don't say I didn't warn :)

caneut

Smash Ace
whats a neet

also, why focus on individuals when the thread title is community reputation

like, shoulda said smash 64 community is pretty diverse
Canada, USA, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Various places in europe, Australia i guess, etc
where would there be players we dont know about? china, russia, south korea, taiwan, south africa, etc
Not-employed-educated-(in)training.

rainshifter

Smash Cadet
After spending some time in the Smash 64 scene, you become familiar with game mechanics, character matchups and you learn new techniques. More interestingly you meet other players who challenge your skill in these areas, and allow you to continually improve - unless of course you are Superboomfan or Isai, obviously. How we play the game is ever changing, while the game itself remains the same. After spending nearly three years in the online scene as a player and an observer, I have come to realize that many of us regular players have a known game reputation or personality that also remains, more or less, unchanged. I will list some of the regular players' personalities to start us off. This list is intended to expand, so I welcome corrections or new player entries to be contributed through posts that follow. Yes, this is expected to be incredibly stereotypical, exaggerated and biased. Not only is this based almost entirely on user chat interaction, but I am the one writing the base revision. Consider this a roast!

Without further ado, the list:

Sangoku - A wacky forum moderator who may very well revoke this post before coming to the understanding that it is equally insulting toward everyone. Also, he fails at moderating by targeting us instead of the Melee or Brawl (if it exists) communities.

Blue Suit (poster) - Elitist Fox player with horrible skill in console play. Even online his playstyle is so boring, players have literally fallen asleep mid-game; and that is how he collects most of his wins. Comes in to the group chat randomly and makes ignorant remarks about the game and other stuff nobody cares to hear. He adds punctuation to statements, especially when unnecessary, in a vain attempt to appear more intelligent than you.

Cobrevolution - Mains Samus in the U.S. version of Smash 64 and complains when he realizes she sucks in nearly every matchup. Somewhat of a control freak. Loves to be critical of people and spew his opinions everywhere like a broken hose. Tries to mediate situations every now and then but only ever makes things worse.

Smasherx74 - Likes to use Mario and train newbs on how to correctly breathe Oxygen. Invasive wacko with a horrible split personality, each one terrible. He will find a victim to provoke with advice on how to play (if you are a new player), life or screwed up confessions in the form of incoherent remarks. Typically rambles on about a topic that he thought up, ensuring to type only a few words per comment to keep you interested the whole time.

Sheermadness - Yoshi main. Hops around the stage like a broken green jumping bean. Does the same using Ness, but gets gimped badly for it. He is a pro who often gets DOMINATED IN 1v1 SSb. Likes to instigate arguments by latching onto personal issues other Smashers have, for the sake of being a ****. A lot of what he says is true, which, for the sake of being consistent, is why he doesn't talk much about himself.

Superdoo - Kirby player who has found the most annoying way of incorporating the pause button into his gameplay. He will occasionally stock you, and when he does it is essentially his victory since he will pause to make his Kirby taunt last a good couple hundred frames longer than it should. The lead hopatron, as he calls himself, is the alias for his YouTube account which he may threaten to upload you to if you somehow manage to lose to him.

Battlecow - More like battlerat. Uses Pikachu and repeatedly executes standard combos, even when they repeatedly fail to work. Plays every now and then, but gets pushed around by scrub Kirbies and Foxes. Enjoys commentating matches to distract us from all that by sabotaging legitimately good gameplay with his voice, giving us something else to remember him by. Actions speak louder than words, buddy.

Isai - Have you been playing the game since the invention of the transistor? No, wait. You're an old-timer but unfortunately this game wasn't released until you were aged, and the rest of us were toddlers or in Pre-K. And we wonder how you became so good. Also, way to follow your own advice on not getting hit; you get hit in just about every video you are in, most of which you willingly recorded and uploaded. Hypocritical, conceited prick.

Killer - Couples keyboard controls with Kirby stupidity to reap the benefits of cheat DI and autism. Dances all around the stage spamming moves like an autistic child force feeding himself an ice cream cone. Didn't make sense? Doesn't have to since the way he plays sure doesn't. Super critical of the other more legitimate eleven characters, especially when he loses, with the mindset that they should all be nerfed so that poor Kirby can put up a fair fight.

Ducky - Presumed to be a human being, yet believes himself to be a ducky, and whose Skype identity image suggests that he is a bunny, but plays Smash 64 as a Fox. Seriously. This is the worst kind of identity crisis. Into all things cute. Even his own defeat in game is undeniably cute. Often finds himself confused about things that have minimal relevance with respect to the topic of conversation.

[Cr. Mr Bushido, Z] caneut - The NEET who's bad at smash despite starting in '06.

Unknown - The pompous **** who plays lots of characters, all at a sub-mediocre level. Makes up for it by suggesting that he is a team player, when he only ever hides behind good Smashers and ensures there is at least one newb on the opposing team. Likes to boost his credentials in chat by calling attention to weaknesses of other Smashers. Fortunately for him this is an effective way to remain unknown. Cheap shot, -99.

Studstill - A Kirby nub whose signature move is the up B sword attack, which he uses nearly 90% of the time with about a 1% success rate. In the mind of Studstill everything makes sense, though in reality it rarely does. Further he is perpetuated to believe that others buy into his dissertations, though in reality they rarely do. When he attempts to convince you that a very particular set of items on Hyrule is the true and correct way to play, it is best to disingenuously nod and agree to halt his rant.

wotg - WTF is a wotg [insert picture of Jackie Chan being confused]?! Notable for using Luigi like a casual try-hard. Has several theories that could explain at a high level why most Smashers act they way they do, yet fail to classify someone who would ever write about such nonsense; which means if we were all wotg we would each have a theory that fails right off the get-go. The subject of several instigated trolling incidents giving him a great reason to be paranoid all the time.

Don't feel left out if your name was not mentioned here - IT WILL BE! This is only a small sample, consisting mostly of a few personalities that initially came to mind. More to come soon, and feel free to contribute!

EDIT: Hopefully everyone understands that this is meant to be satirical and in good fun. Each member of this community is probably interesting and unique also under a positive light. And if not you are still welcome to join this list! >=)

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
LD: He's never on smashboards, but comes out of nowhere sometimes and types long posts about his point of view of members of the community.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
the more meta it becomes, the worse it is

edit: and by meta I mean the nature of this thread and others

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
*must...not...reply...to...attention...seekers...*

Oh **** I just did. Good job, I lost this round.

On a serious note this thread is pretty bad, I don't expect it to live long.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
[2:00:36 AM] Marco: sometimes i feel like fireblaster doesnt mean what he posts on smashboards and feels obliged to maintain his angry poster reputation
[2:00:59 AM] JMF pidgezero_one: i dunno, its pretty consistent with how he acts in twitch chat
[2:02:27 AM] Marco: twitch and smashboards are in the same 'catch-all' category
[2:06:16 AM] LD: On that note..
[2:06:28 AM] LD: Should we start a reputation thread?
[2:06:36 AM] LD: Lotta characters in the Smash 64 community.

this wasn't my idea ban caneut

Sedda

Smash Champion
it's cause when booms name is written like it's supposed to, you just kinda blank out when you start reading

kinda like komonotnmontontononot or korobeineinekinekine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom