• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Gameplay Videos [Updated September 12: Final Build Footage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest

Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS Video Thread

This thread is for compiling quality videos from both official and unofficial sources. You're free to submit any decent videos you find on the Internet, as well as submit your own.

[collapse="Character Trailers (Updated August 29, 2014)"][/collapse][collapse="Nintendo Direct (Last Update April 8, 2014)"][/collapse][collapse="Official Commercials and Trailers (Last Updated September 7, 2014)"]Japanese Commercial #1
Japanese Commercial #2
Japanese Commercial #3
Japanese Commercial #4 (Mii Fighter/AKB48)
Features Trailer (Japanese)

[/collapse][collapse="Final Release Videos (Last Updated September 12, 2014) [NEW!]"]CobbsGames Channel (compilation of post release gameplay) :colorful:[/collapse][collapse="ESRB Leak Videos (Last Updated August 26, 2014)"]Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4
Video 5
Video of all the leaked footage combined
[/collapse][collapse="Official Tournaments (Last Update July 25, 2014)"]2014 SDCC Smash for 3DS Tournament Semi-Finals (Twitch Archive)
June 2014 Invitational Playlist[/collapse]
[collapse="e3 2014 (Last Updated June, 2014)"]Treehouse @ e3 2014
Wii U
Treehouse Official Preview Part 1
Treehouse Official Preview Part 2
Treehouse Unofficial Preview Part 3 (Last part courtesy of NinEverything)
3DS
Treehouse Official Preview Part 1
Treehouse Official Preview Part 2

[/collapse][collapse="Press, Media, Content Producers (Last Updated July 22, 2014)"]Videos courtesy of VGBootCamp
Character movesets Playlist
1v1 Playlist
Cool Tidbits and Discoveries Playlist

Videos courtesy of CLASH Tournaments
Smash Bros Wii U Singles Playlist
CT Chibo Plays Super Smash Bros for 3DS
CT Chibo Plays Super Smash Bros for Wii U
CT Chibo plays Greninja
Armada plays Smash 4
CT Chibo and Keitaro take on the People's Challenger
Smash Bros for Wii U Gameplay 01
Smash Bros for Wii U Gameplay 02
Smash Bros for Wii U Gameplay 03
CT Chibo Takes Nintendo's FFA Challenge with Greninja
CT Chibo (P4) and Crismas (P1) 01
Chibo (P2) and Crismas (P1) 02

Videos courtesy of Smash Bros Italia
Kirby Dair Combos
Smash DI demonstration
Pivot/Turnaround Cancel
Sentenza/me (Samus) vs Loci_AF (Bowser)
Loci_AF (Kirby) vs Unknown (Greninja)
Sentenza (Olimar) vs Loci_AF (Kirby)

Cobbs Games Playlist of all quality footage (Includes IGN, GameSpot, etc.)

Videos courtesy of Nintendo World Report
3DS & Wii U Menu Music (Partial Clip)
3DS & Wii U Playlist (Direct 3DS Audio!)[/collapse][collapse="User-Submitted Videos (Updated September 2, 2014)"]@ Ezzelin Ezzelin [/USER]
Ezzelin's Gameplay Video

@ Maj0ra Maj0ra
Maj0ra's Gameplay Video

@ relaxedexcorcist relaxedexcorcist
relaxedexcorcist's WiiU Gameplay Playlist
relaxedexcorcist's 3DS Gameplay Playlist

@ DrizzyDrew DrizzyDrew
DrizzyDrew's Gameplay Video

@blakinola
PAX: Gbay99 vs Blakinota :colorful:[/collapse]
[collapse="Miscellaneous Videos (Updated July 20, 2014)"]BJ Plays as Zero Suit Samus (Japan Expo)
Sentenza (Marth) vs random people
Over 1 Hour of Wii U Footage (e3)
[/collapse]Videos marked with :colorful: are new.

Last edited:

Ezzelin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4437-5276
I took a short video at Best Buy in 60p. It looks great! For anyone who wanted to see how smooth the game plays, please watch this video:

gamersyde.com/thqstream_super_smash_bros_for_nintendo_wii_u_at_60fps-yzsakc2fQbQQRufm_en.html

(Sorry I couldn't post a link, it's my first post!)

Last edited:

Ezzelin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4437-5276
It would be a link, except it said I needed 10 posts to post a link.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It would be a link, except it said I needed 10 posts to post a link.
This is a newer precaution in place to help combat bot spam, but the URL you posted works just fine and is now in the OP as a link so it's all good.

Welcome to SmashBoards btw! :)

Hong

The Strongest
This thread can also be used by people who have posted their videos in other threads. Post them here and I'll add them to the op. :) I am sure many people will watch anything they can get.

Hong

The Strongest
Good show.

They have been gradually uploading them, so I'll add those for now and swap in the official as they come.

Signia

Smash Lord
VGBC went through each character at Nintendo World using the 3DS (posting in the WiiU boards since this really applies to both and most of the discussion of this kind is here) since there was hardly any line for it and showed move lists and possible combo potential.

Here's one of them, but there's videos for every character that was on the demo 3DS version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZYVxxHE-5k

Notable details:
-Sheik is a combo monster especially with her new grenade move that pulls enemies towards her
-Sheik's needles cancel their animation on landing
-Mario is the only character that can do a short hop double aerial (with uair)
-Bowser has strong knockback and autocancelling aerials
-Bowser has unique movement mechanics
-DK is pretty much the same but somehow he combos better than you'd expect

Well pretty much all the videos have something interesting, since nobody else has really sat down and looked at a character and given detailed impressions yet. It looks like the game has levels of hitstun similar to Melee, but the ability to airdodge during tumble makes it harder as everything has to be true combos. Also, the landing lag prevents most combos from being started with a late aerial (need an auto-cancelling timing or move). Landing lag occurs if you use an air dodge at any point before you land, so air-dodging might not necessarily break the combo even if it dodges something.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Lovely, they actually made the game seem like it had combos... Videos like these restore my faith in the game, even if it's still obviously floaty.

BTW Marth didn't look as laggy as many said... Though his range was pathetic and throws too much KB.

Hahah a hey! It's been quite a few years, I think. Your YouTube channel has become quite successful! I've kinda dwindled out of Smash and more into BF3 but now I'm gonna try Smash 4 again! :D

How've ya been?
It feels like it's been at least 2. My channel's only kind of successful. I'm not as popular as some other ones, but I have plans on getting noticed better. By the time EVO ends, I'll be making commentary videos on what I think about fighting games. Life's been pretty good. 1 more semester and then I get out of college into the real world

Battlefield's a pretty popular COD competitor. A lot of people seem excited for hardline. I've tried BF4 at a friend's house and I can see why it's fun. How's life in your world

Oh, and Smash 4 is a game that unites old internet friends (I totally didn't post off topic ^.^)

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
In the this video at 3:36, Samus has just completed her final smash, yet for some reason, she gets sent flying for no apparent reason. Nothing hits her, so I'm guessing some weird glitch?

Also noticing that Star KOs occur at the very top left or top right corners of the map. And you can get hit by the cliffs in the Pilotwings stage.

Giga Bowser's moveset doesn't seem to have changed from the Brawl incarnation. Maybe it'll change before launch?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
OP is clean, organized, includes footage from our boys at VGBootCamp and CLASH Tournaments. Check it out.

In the this video at 3:36, Samus has just completed her final smash, yet for some reason, she gets sent flying for no apparent reason. Nothing hits her, so I'm guessing some weird glitch?
She got hit by the tunnel, if that makes any sense.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
OP is clean, organized, includes footage from our boys at VGBootCamp and CLASH Tournaments. Check it out.

She got hit by the tunnel, if that makes any sense.
That makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
It feels like it's been at least 2. My channel's only kind of successful. I'm not as popular as some other ones, but I have plans on getting noticed better. By the time EVO ends, I'll be making commentary videos on what I think about fighting games. Life's been pretty good. 1 more semester and then I get out of college into the real world

Battlefield's a pretty popular COD competitor. A lot of people seem excited for hardline. I've tried BF4 at a friend's house and I can see why it's fun. How's life in your world

Oh, and Smash 4 is a game that unites old internet friends (I totally didn't post off topic ^.^)
2 at the least, yeah! Well my goal is just 300 subs, so if I get 1k subs I'd be elated! I think the key is to just stick to one topic and never stray. I gain subs but lose them all the time because I make so much variety in my videos (Vlogs, reviews, gameplay, etc) Well BF4 is considered a major flop in the competitive community (a Brawl if you will) and yeah my life is going OK. I'm slowly trucking away, but keeping my head up. Care to exchange random contact infos? If not, that's cool too as I'm sure you have your sort of buds set up, as do I. xD

But yeah, Hardline won't compare to Smash 4 (even if Smash 4 is worse than Brawl) and I plan to go really hard on Smash 4 with livestreaming glory mode and what not. It's going to be quite the investment since I have neither a Wii U OR a capture card, so I'm really trusting Nintendo with my wallet on this one. Thoughts all around? :D

2 at the least, yeah! Well my goal is just 300 subs, so if I get 1k subs I'd be elated! I think the key is to just stick to one topic and never stray. I gain subs but lose them all the time because I make so much variety in my videos (Vlogs, reviews, gameplay, etc) Well BF4 is considered a major flop in the competitive community (a Brawl if you will) and yeah my life is going OK. I'm slowly trucking away, but keeping my head up. Care to exchange random contact infos? If not, that's cool too as I'm sure you have your sort of buds set up, as do I. xD

But yeah, Hardline won't compare to Smash 4 (even if Smash 4 is worse than Brawl) and I plan to go really hard on Smash 4 with livestreaming glory mode and what not. It's going to be quite the investment since I have neither a Wii U OR a capture card, so I'm really trusting Nintendo with my wallet on this one. Thoughts all around? :D
The internet is a giant market filled with niche services. No generalize channel/place is very successful. Those who provide specialized service for certain things do much better at them and users can find them. And there's no annoyance of other things they don't want to see. It's ok to have some variety, but you should always have a main attraction or 2

Idk about exchanging contact info... I'm weird...

Good luck playing Smash 4 online. It might suck. Brawl had 6 frames of lag explicitly written in the code before it would even send any network data. Smash is a game that's really sensitive to lag because the timings for everything are dynamic. You have to react to things more than you have to time for them, relative to traditional fighting games like Street Fighter. It'll likely use delay-based net code which feels really bad. Imagine playing on a super laggy TV. It's that bad. However, Namco Bandi's developing it and TTT2 and SC2 HD Online have some really good net code, so maybe it might not suck. Just use a wired connection to significantly help cut the lag

You can buy a cheap capture card for only $30 and get quality as good as what I get. It's a simple trick http://smashboards.com/threads/how-...m-recorded-videos-in-pseudo-hd-easily.333301/

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
The internet is a giant market filled with niche services. No generalize channel/place is very successful. Those who provide specialized service for certain things do much better at them and users can find them. And there's no annoyance of other things they don't want to see. It's ok to have some variety, but you should always have a main attraction or 2

Idk about exchanging contact info... I'm weird...

Good luck playing Smash 4 online. It might suck. Brawl had 6 frames of lag explicitly written in the code before it would even send any network data. Smash is a game that's really sensitive to lag because the timings for everything are dynamic. You have to react to things more than you have to time for them, relative to traditional fighting games like Street Fighter. It'll likely use delay-based net code which feels really bad. Imagine playing on a super laggy TV. It's that bad. However, Namco Bandi's developing it and TTT2 and SC2 HD Online have some really good net code, so maybe it might not suck. Just use a wired connection to significantly help cut the lag

You can buy a cheap capture card for only $30 and get quality as good as what I get. It's a simple trick http://smashboards.com/threads/how-...m-recorded-videos-in-pseudo-hd-easily.333301/
Haha yeah. It's all about capturing something that people want to see.

I think Namco can do the online mode justice, but that's also wishful thinking since online will be online. Welp, see ya :D

Hong

The Strongest
Thanks everyone for their contributions! Sorry this thread has been a bit of a mess, but I'm all here now.

I've added videos from Empire Arcadia, as well as @ Conda Conda 's play list. Since he has already gone and rounded up a lot of the videos out there, I won't have to go hunt into the darkest corners of YouTube and sift through hundreds of videos to find ones worth seeing. :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
BJay playing Marth at the Japan Expo in Paris:

I don't know the ZSS player.

:059:

Luigi player

Smash Master
BJay playing Marth at the Japan Expo in Paris:

I don't know the ZSS player.

:059:
What are you saying? Bjay was ZSS! I was so confused since the Marth played SO bad (at least for Bjay standards), but Bjay is the winner at the end so he was Zamus.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Thank you for having all of this in one place!
Edit. also @ Hong Hong , do you think you can add the trailer videos to this? I can provide links of all them if you want

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom