• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4. Official Final Names Revealed

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Lots of news coming in!

Since Nintendo's broadcast earlier this week, many have wondered what names would be assigned to the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash Bros. With Melee and Brawl subtitles already used, would the new games keep the fighting spirit? Scuffle? Skirmish? In this case, series creator Masahiro Sakurai is thinking in simpler terms - the two games are called Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Super Smash Bros. Wii U.
Kind of simple, but now we know.
Stay tuned to more from my conversation with Masahiro Sakurai as soon as I can possibly type it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-final-names-revealed

Simple. It works.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Well I don't really care much about the name but saying Smash Wii U is too long and saying Smash 4 can be confusing to people. I liked saying Melee and Brawl, but I could really care less about the name.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Well Smash 4 it is then for me then.

I dont want to be reminded of how Stupid the console name is every time I mention the game.

Caliko

Smash Cadet

These are the names I wanted!!!

Now to celebrate:

YESSS!!!! YESSSSS!!!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Please tell me these are placeholder titles. I was really hoping for the name to be Super Smash Bros. Clash, or Super Smash Bros. Universe.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
You can't spell Ignorant without IGN.

The only source they posted was their own website's entry for the games, plus a remark sakurai might have said at an undisclosed time. They look like working names (just look at the logos for both games, dat font).

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Whats wrong with just saying SSBU or SSB3DS? Seems simple enough to me.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Looks like the Japanese names have the same subtitle this time.
Dairanto Sumasshu Burazazu Wii U and 3DS
SOURCE: smashbros.com, japanese section, villager/murabito trailer.

StickandFluid

Smash Apprentice
Not much scarier than that AVATAR of yours, sheesh.

And realtalk, that's just unoriginal on Sakurai's part. Least they could've done was call it "Smash Bros. 3D" and "Smash Bros. U". Oh well. Smash 4 for me it is then.
I was mostly being sarcastic about the scary thing, mostly because it really doesn't matter people will find their names for it, I agree I thought it was going to be Smash Brothers U, but alls I care about is if the game is good

Top Bottom