• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS - Captain Falcon Guide & Moveset!

Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS - Captain Falcon Guide & Moveset!

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I'm gonna just say what's wrong with the tutorial, not to be a d**k, just so it gives you a few things to think about if you make another. Criticism if you will. c:

• The 3 minute intro was a bit over kill. I did like the part with the trophy being "analysed", but the rest was a bit much. I get you want to show off a character, but that probably should have been put at the end.
  • Some parts felt a little... Rushed. Like the jump cancel up smash. It basically went "Here's a normal one, here's a jump canceled one". A comparison on distance would've been nice, and maybe where it could be applied as it has a lot of ending lag on the move, which can easily be punished. Surprisingly, I did learn something new, I didn't know he could do this (Although I haven't looked into his AT's much, so this is a good start.
  • You're a little quiet. In some parts I couldn't hear you tell well. Don't be afraid to speak up. c:
  • When going through his move, you could mention how much % they do. Perhaps mention if they're kill moves, or if they have any interesting properties, like how down air spikes, and his knee having a sweet spot (We all know this, but it adds to the video).
  • On the video at the end, you could have pointed out where particular things you mentioned in the tutorial are being used, why they're being used, how they're being used. Commentate the match a little, or put an annotation on the video. This could give people a better idea of what is being used where and how they can apply it, as the video is meant to be doing.
That's just a few ideas I though of anyway. I don't know if it helps but I just thought I'd give my two cents.

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
I'm gonna just say what's wrong with the tutorial, not to be a d**k, just so it gives you a few things to think about if you make another. Criticism if you will. c:

• The 3 minute intro was a bit over kill. I did like the part with the trophy being "analysed", but the rest was a bit much. I get you want to show off a character, but that probably should have been put at the end.
  • Some parts felt a little... Rushed. Like the jump cancel up smash. It basically went "Here's a normal one, here's a jump canceled one". A comparison on distance would've been nice, and maybe where it could be applied as it has a lot of ending lag on the move, which can easily be punished. Surprisingly, I did learn something new, I didn't know he could do this (Although I haven't looked into his AT's much, so this is a good start.
  • You're a little quiet. In some parts I couldn't hear you tell well. Don't be afraid to speak up. c:
  • When going through his move, you could mention how much % they do. Perhaps mention if they're kill moves, or if they have any interesting properties, like how down air spikes, and his knee having a sweet spot (We all know this, but it adds to the video).
  • On the video at the end, you could have pointed out where particular things you mentioned in the tutorial are being used, why they're being used, how they're being used. Commentate the match a little, or put an annotation on the video. This could give people a better idea of what is being used where and how they can apply it, as the video is meant to be doing.
That's just a few ideas I though of anyway. I don't know if it helps but I just thought I'd give my two cents.
Great advice man, I will definitely take that into account. I'm always open to criticism, just that I don't get much at all.

Top Bottom