• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Super Smash Bro. Tournament for Wii U/ GIFT-CARD PAYOUT (Katy, TX)

Super Smash Bro. Tournament for Wii U/ GIFT-CARD PAYOUT (Katy, TX)
Posted by Gpluskaty
21949 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77450
Saturday, March 5, 2016 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 5, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Gpluskaty

Smash Rookie
Katy TX 77450
Schedule: Sign ups & Warms ups start @ 1 PM
Tournament starts @ 3 PM
Questions? Email gpluskaty@gmail.com
Rules: 3 Stock, 8 Min, No items
ENTRY FEE $5
VENUE FEE $5

GIFT-CARD PAYOUT!!!

RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

A. Game Settings

• Stock and time are set to 3 stocks and 8 minutes for Singles.
  • Items are set to off.
  • Damage ratio is set to 1.0
  • Custom Fighters & Custom Moves are set to off.
  • Amiibos are not allowed.
  • All DLC characters will be allowed.
  • Patch version of 2/3/2016 will be used.
  • Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default A-F standard size Miis provided on console). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.
B. Stage ListStarter Stages

• Battlefield (Miiverse) *
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Town & City
Counterpick Stages

• Delfino Plaza
  • Halberd
  • Duck Hunt
  • Castle Siege
  • Dreamland 64
C. Additional Rules

• Stage Striking: Players/team engage in a battle of Rock Paper Scissor best of 1. Winner strikes the first stage. Loser then strikes the next two stages. Winner strikes the last one effectively choosing the first stage they play on. (1-2-1)
  • Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set. (Match 1, 2, 3, etc.)
  • Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player/team who won the previous game may ban 1 stage from either the Starter or Counterpick lists.
  • SD Clause: On the onset of a SD KO move initiated, the winner is decided by the results screen. In the case of Sudden Death the winner is the initiator of of the SD KO. In event of a timeout, the player/team with the most stocks & least percentage wins.After each match:
  1. Winner announces stage ban (1)
  1. Loser chooses counter-pick stage
  1. Winner chooses their character¨
  1. Loser chooses their character
  • Allowed controllers: Nintendo GameCube Controller & Wii U Pro Controller

Gpluskaty

Smash Rookie
I also wanted to thank everyone that came out to our last event, it sure was a blast ^.^
Also if anyone ever wants to swing by and play a couple of friendly matches in the store today we are always happy to play peeps :) Makes for some good training!

Last edited:

Gpluskaty

Smash Rookie
hey again if anyone wants to swing by and train a bit today ur more than welcome to stop by :) Love us some training

Gpluskaty

Smash Rookie
Hey fellow smashers! I just wanted to remind everyone that sign ups are on Saturday! Also friendlies are going on all morning before the tournament begins at 3. So come in early on Saturday and get warmed up before the tournament begins. Also we do have some controllers available at the store but its also very helpful if your able to bring your own controller of preference. Remember to invite your friends so we can have a nice turnout. Thanks again for coming out and showing some love ^_^

If you guys have any questions, please email me at Gpluskaty@gmail.com

dv8310

Smash Rookie
Are y'all hosting another training session tomorrow by any chance or was that only for Tuesday? I would have loved to have swung by then but I didn't have the time.

Gpluskaty

Smash Rookie
Are y'all hosting another training session tomorrow by any chance or was that only for Tuesday? I would have loved to have swung by then but I didn't have the time.
haha here i thought no one cared *tear* well i doubt will have a training session tomorrow but if u want to swing by later today around 6 we can :)

dv8310

Smash Rookie
Ah that's too bad! I'll probably just stop by earlier on Saturday or something. Thanks though!

Top Bottom