• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Paper Mario

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
Oh, I just got own'd!!

For fun, I guess? The 100% thing I've just never felt obligated to make happen. :)

I guess getting the Pixls to see what they can do, rather than selling the game and asking someone, makes more sense, so that you get the full grasp of the concept. And finishing the pits is fun (a bit challenging!) so that you can say you did.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Finally beat SPM=awsome game. I seriously wouldd recommend it to anyone who even considers buying a Wii, it is that friggen awsome (with Twilight Princess, of course). :)

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
Poor Luigi, always getting left out of the mario games.

I finished this game and found it very entertaining. The plot is a little weird but it's a mario game so it doesn't matter. I see no point for completing the recipe list unless you are a completionist. Half of these items you can make aren't even worth the trouble, however some are very valuable. You can buy a robotic version of tippi, called tiptron, for 999 coins. Get it from the geekish chameleon after you complete the game.

All-in-all I was starved for a platformer and this quinched that hunger temporarily. I expect good work from Intelligent Systems in the near future.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
6 months late and FINALLY Austrlia gets the game. And we get a bonus for taking so long: Game breaking glitch!

"At the start of Chapter 2-2,
you will come across a character called Mimi. She will tell you to go to the farthest room on the first floor to meet a character called Merlee. Enter that room and press the green switch.
A trap will be triggered, and a spiked ceiling will descend upon Mario. Before the ceiling reaches him, flip into 3D and jump on it to find a key.

"If you pick up the key, you won't run into any problems. Use it to open the locked door
to Mimi's right.
However, if you talk to
Mimi
without picking up the key, the game will freeze. You will then have to turn off your Wii console and start again from your last save point."

Thanks Nintendo Australia! Next time, just give us the **** NTSC versions. >:(

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I found something cool stuff playing SPM in the last few days. Using Barry the pixl, you can use his spinning power off of a ledge and it will get canceled once you leave the ledge. It works like in melee, except you can do it while running too (in other words, you don't have to start in the air). =O Also with Thudley, you can use his power to bring you down just a little bit and touch the ground (before you spin around) if you were to jump a little bit high than a platform or something. You can't activate it quickly enough after jumping to jump and then come down again, but you can press the button underwater to make yourself jump instead of swim if you are touching the ground first.

If you use Peach's parasol just before landing, it looks like she's swinging it. You can use Peach's parasol protection ability in the air if you run off of an edge and press down just before. You can use Bowser's flame breath in midair while on Carrie.

I'm only on chapter 4 for now, so I'll hope to discover more!

Edit - Do I need to block some of my post for spoilers? I don't think anyone not wanting spoilers would look on page 7 of a SPM thread...

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Here's a fun trick:

Hold left or right and jump (easy enough, you do it all the time)
Let go of the d-pad after you hit jump
the instant you land, hit jump again

It takes amazing timing, but if you do it right you will never lose inertia, you'll just keep jumping forward at running speed, even though you aren't touching a direction. If you jump at slightly off times, you'll start to lose speed, but what's interesting is if you do another jump perfectly, you'll regain all your momentum so you're back to running speed.

Try it. It's fun. And hard.

Top Bottom