• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super momentum from Pivot -> Reverse F-Smash?

Player -0

Smash Hero
I was messing around with P:M today and I realized I could do any smash attack from pivot instead of just Up-Smash for a bunch of momentum. After this I tried pivoting into reverse F-smash (You're running left then pivot right then F-smash to the Left) and got overkill momentum. After doing this a couple times I think that squirtle can pivot from one end of smashville to the other using this.

What it looks like is Squirtle slides as usual, then F-smashes which slows his slide because he popped forward a bunch, then slid a bit faster then his first slide. This could be useful as a cross up because it looks difficult to punish because Squirtle slides away quickly from his opponent (and will be behind them) during the endlag of the F-Smash, combined with the SS armor.

Has anyone else found this?

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Yes, other people are aware of this. Its due to an intentional change to fsmash's attributes they made in 2.6. It also works if you do it after a wavedash, but the effect is less dramatic.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Yes, other people are aware of this. Its due to an intentional change to fsmash's attributes they made in 2.6. It also works if you do it after a wavedash, but the effect is less dramatic.
Does anyone use it? It seems like a great move to kill with or at least to setup up into an edgeguard while staying relatively safe.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I use it like a basterd to beat my friends. You can hold Z to continue to charge the F-smash while you rocket across the stage. if the opponent is smart they can just jump or grab. But if they try and smash you they might miss, or you can save yourself by releasing it which gives you heavy armor. After you do it the slide backwards lets you get behind and d-tilt them (especially if you clanked). I have done some amazing combos with this. Also if you hit the F-smash just right you can hit them the direction you are sliding. I once did this and my momentum pushed me off and I grabbed the ledge, auto-hogged; it was beautiful.

Top Bottom