• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario RPG

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I think you have the right idea there. Mallow is similar to Kirby in a lot of ways. Maybe Geno would sound like Mr. Game & Watch more or less, only the sounds he makes would be glittery and star-like... if that makes sense.

justaway12

Smash Master
is this a place where people can help me with this game? it's gotten me so angry i stopped playing this game i got princess peach on my team and mallow said i have to go and talk to frogfuscious but he doesn't do anything?

DDM

Smash Journeyman
is this a place where people can help me with this game? it's gotten me so angry i stopped playing this game i got princess peach on my team and mallow said i have to go and talk to frogfuscious but he doesn't do anything?
At that point Frogfucius should be saying something about a star being found on Star Hill. Just go to the map screen and it should lead you there.

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
Just passed that part. Sucks.

Booster is the one missing his Mario doll, BTW.

One thing about Geno and Mallow, though. If they were to be in Smash Bros, what would their voices be? They talk in SMRPG, but are not given a voice.
Sucks hardcore. Nimbus Land is probably my favorite part of the game, but getting there is a real pain.

As for voices, I always figured Geno would sound kind of ethereal, sort of like Lucario does. You have to consider the fact that he's basically a giant toy being controlled by some kind of Star Road deity. The toy wouldn't have vocal cords, and a deity would presumebly sound highly inhuman. Alternatively, one could just do what Marta did for "Rawest Forest" and give him a regular voice. I doubt anyone would complain.

Mallow I'm not sure about. My only real preference would be making him sound as least like a frog/tadpole as possible. Maybe something like Lucas.

Ange

Smash Lord
I think you have the right idea there. Mallow is similar to Kirby in a lot of ways. Maybe Geno would sound like Mr. Game & Watch more or less, only the sounds he makes would be glittery and star-like... if that makes sense.
Actually, this makes alot of sense. It made me think of all these different star-like sound attacks which Geno uses. It would actually be pretty interesting to hear Geno have some voice similar to this, or something.

Nimbus Land got to have the most EAR-hurting music ever. Try listening to it a few times on the computer. You WILL turn it off pretty soon. :bee:

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
Actually, this makes alot of sense. It made me think of all these different star-like sound attacks which Geno uses. It would actually be pretty interesting to hear Geno have some voice similar to this, or something.

Nimbus Land got to have the most EAR-hurting music ever. Try listening to it a few times on the computer. You WILL turn it off pretty soon. :bee:
Well, Geno's real name is supposedly "♥♪!?", which I guess hints at the sort of language his people use. Star sounds for his voice makes as much sense as anything else.

It's very "puffy", yes. Personally, though, I disliked the music at Bowser's Keep/Vista Hill more. Those same 11 notes, repeated ad naseum... Ugh.

Ange

Smash Lord
Well, Geno's real name is supposedly "♥♪!?", which I guess hints at the sort of language his people use. Star sounds for his voice makes as much sense as anything else.

It's very "puffy", yes. Personally, though, I disliked the music at Bowser's Keep/Vista Hill more. Those same 11 notes, repeated ad naseum... Ugh.
Yeah, well it does I guess.

Hmm, I dont have the Bowsers Keep/Vista Hill music on my computer. I gotta download it to hear how it sounds like since I cant remember it on the top of my head.

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, well it does I guess.

Hmm, I dont have the Bowsers Keep/Vista Hill music on my computer. I gotta download it to hear how it sounds like since I cant remember it on the top of my head.
I wouldn't bother, it's a simple loop. The music from the very first part of the game, when you're rescuing the princess from Bowser. It's slightly improved later when you go through Bowser's Keep for the second time, but not by much. Awful.

justaway12

Smash Master
At that point Frogfucius should be saying something about a star being found on Star Hill. Just go to the map screen and it should lead you there.
he say NOTHING ABOUT A STAR i even went on a walkthorough that's they said the same thing but everytime i talk to him he says he misses mallow and maybe a snack would cheer him up should i just delete the game and start over? i think i sold an item i shouldn't have or did something wrong

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
he say NOTHING ABOUT A STAR i even went on a walkthorough that's they said the same thing but everytime i talk to him he says he misses mallow and maybe a snack would cheer him up should i just delete the game and start over? i think i sold an item i shouldn't have or did something wrong
The snack he's talking about is the Cricket Pie. You're supposed to use Mallow's Frog Coin to buy it from the Item Shop in the Mushroom Kingdom. As long as you still have that Frog Coin and Mallow in your party, you should be able to go back and buy it.

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE YOU, i love this game but it gets kinda frustrating somtimes.
No problem, dude. It's an easy mistake to make. I would have made it too if I hadn't decided to stock up on items before moving on.

Yes, yes it does, and it's only going to get better (Monstro Town)/more annoying (Nimbus Land).

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Remember the line at the start of the game; "Mario, don't let Bowser bruise you!" I love that line, the writing was very strange in that game though...

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Emulators > VC

Except for the illegal part. Even so, we see it happening all the time these days.

Need proof? Okay.

Tell me, do you buy your music?

Exactly.

Alzi

Smash Master
I actually prefer the VC games but i prefer the actual cart and console itself. I find it weird playing old retro games on the computer with a keyboard.

The music in this game are really well too. The graphics are ok for a snes game.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Just completed the game the other day. Probably the easiest time I've ever had with Smithy. Most of my team was up to Level 27, plus I used a Power Blast item. Attacks were good for between 400 and 600 a pop, and Smithy didn't use Shredder. Only needed one Pick Me Up for Peach and one of Peach's Come Back specials for Mario.

Ange

Smash Lord
Just completed the game the other day. Probably the easiest time I've ever had with Smithy. Most of my team was up to Level 27, plus I used a Power Blast item. Attacks were good for between 400 and 600 a pop, and Smithy didn't use Shredder. Only needed one Pick Me Up for Peach and one of Peach's Come Back specials for Mario.
What exactly does Shredder do? Culex does this attack too.
Ive read somewhere it negates all your stat changes, but is that true?

To start some random discussion, have anyone achieved to do 30/100 straight Super Jumps?

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
What exactly does Shredder do? Culex does this attack too.
Ive read somewhere it negates all your stat changes, but is that true?

To start some random discussion, have anyone achieved to do 30/100 straight Super Jumps?
Near as I can tell, it takes off all offensive and defensive buffs. I could be wrong about this, though, it's been awhile since I've played that far into the game.

As for the jumps, the highest I ever got was 20-something. My eyes always start to hurt after that point.

Ange

Smash Lord
Near as I can tell, it takes off all offensive and defensive buffs. I could be wrong about this, though, it's been awhile since I've played that far into the game.

As for the jumps, the highest I ever got was 20-something. My eyes always start to hurt after that point.
Hmm, but I guess you're right. Either that, or it does completely nothing. o_o

My highest for jumping is around 18 (where it starts to be painful) I think. Although the person in Mostro Town claims its 22. :dizzy: Tho it could be another person however, as the file I played on was not started by me lol.

I wish you could battle Culex more times, was a really fun battle. ):

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
I remember when i look'd in the smash forums 5 or so years ago and people were debating if Geno would be in brawl. Good times goood times

DDM

Smash Journeyman

That's correct. If you've used Power Blast, Crystalline, Energizer, Bracer, or Geno Boost during the battle, it returns your attack & defense stats to their original state.

Top Bottom