• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER MARIO BROS. - A FANMADE SCREENPLAY

D

Deleted member

Some people on Smashboards already know about this, but for those who don't, allow me to explain.

As you know, Illumination Entertainment is working with Nintendo to create a film based on the Super Mario series of games. Now, I actually like some of Illuminations films. The Despicable Me films are some of my favorites, but I really don't have faith that they could really pull off the feat of creating a good story for a Mario movie, I mean these are the same people who made The Lorax...

...So I decided to do it myself! I'm not actually planning on sending this to Nintendo or anything, last time I sent something to Nintendo, Sakurai sent me a restraining order. I'm just making a screenplay for fun. I doubt what I make will any better than what Illumination makes.

My idea for a Mario movie is basically a retelling of the events of The original Super Mario Bros, with elements of World, 64 and Odyssey. It's an origin story basically.

I'm currently working on the first draft of the plot outline, when I'm finished, I'll post it here and await feedback. Depending on the feedback, I'll either revise the outline, or work on the actual screenplay.

Feel free to ask questions below.

Top Bottom