• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Armor. The Defence Against the Final Smash?

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Son of a Pirkid (hi btw). Maybe something like that will happen with Link's FS. Link hits Ike and starts the combo, Ike still goes up, Link continues the combo, and then he finishes it when Ike comes down. Maybe it will still send him flying depending on the timing.

Either way, Link's FS should be long enough for him to get the knockback. And if things don't go well, there's still the nifty damage… If his FS even hits. Argh, what's the range on Link's FS? D:

Betaz

Smash Ace
the only thing is...I've only seen this used vs. Marth...What about link who kind of like sucks you into the attack?

pirkid

Smash Lord
Son of a Pirkid (hi btw). Maybe something like that will happen with Link's FS. Link hits Ike and starts the combo, Ike still goes up, Link continues the combo, and then he finishes it when Ike comes down. Maybe it will still send him flying depending on the timing.

Either way, Link's FS should be long enough for him to get the knockback. And if things don't go well, there's still the nifty damage… If his FS even hits. Argh, what's the range on Link's FS? D:
It's infinite, completely horizontal. If your across Temple and someone is directly in front of you horizontally, you cna hit 'em. (HIYA! How's it going?)

And I agree, Link's FS lasts much longer then Marth's.

the only thing is...I've only seen this used vs. Marth...What about link who kind of like sucks you into the attack?
^Read Above^ He doesn't really suck you in.

Now, notice in the video, Ike performs his Up-B mid-cinema of the FS. He has a lot of time afterwards, when Marth hits him. Link's FS might actually last long enough to hit Ike with the last slice.

Betaz

Smash Ace
hmmm what if Ike moves forward/backwards mid-aether to land behing Link?
will the FS just miss alltogether or...will Ike not be allowed to move while performing it...I think this needs to be tested with other FS's not just marth...

Top Bottom