• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sup. My Link.(New vid...)

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
I think you have a great grasp on the fundamentals. I think if you can mix in more of Link's useful advanced techs (boost-smash, Zair applications, etc.), you will be a tough Link to play.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Great link man, but remember Zair = Charizards weakness :o, spam it ;D

Legan

Smash Lord
Good link, it's really fast. All i can say is work on some advanced techniques and mayb try to learn some mindgames. All your movement seemed pretty straight forward and easy to predict from what i saw. Try to mix up your approaches and slow down every once in awhile. You were moving way faster than your opponent was which means you could take that time to hit him with some spam.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
^I agree with Legan.

And against Charizard, use Zair. It's great against tall characters and really racks up damage.
Also, you could have avoided the near-death water situation at the end by just swimming right, form where his B couldn't hit you.

Over all, good Link. Very fast.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I liked how fast-paced you made Link to appear. Your opponent was pretty bad with PT, though; methinks it would have served him better to stay Zelda/Sheik.

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
Wow thanks for the replies. I'm having a hard time getting any response from the Ike boards... sheesh.

But anyways I like what I'm hearing... it seems I'm pretty much in tune with what you guys are saying. Mindgames were always hard for me to apply... even with melee... I always just relied on straight tech skill to get me by... but it may be that brawl will force my brain to think harder. My approach especially needs work with both my Ike and my Link... What are some other ways you guys would suggest?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
It's usually not wise to approach with Link.. If you can outspam a character, do it! Force them to approach and punish them. Spam at long range with all your projectiles, harass them at mid range with the aerial clawshot and as for close range... The obvious choice would be to use your sword and legs. But if some characters have more priority than you, it's probably better to just shield and punish.

If they're too close, use jabs, u-smash or up+B or d-smash out of shield, shield grab, maybe n-air or d-air out of shield?

If you're going to approach, using z-air would be a good start.

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
There were multiple times near the end where you used an aerial against him when he already had his shield up. I know it's a hard habit to break, but you need to learn to not play into the shieldgrab. I have the same problem.

Down Smash is probably one of Link's most underrated moves. You should use it more, especially after landing a nair or some such.

Top Bottom