• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sup. My Ike.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I heard music and closed the window..sorry, not gonna watch that crap. Next time use gamebridge.

ebay "gamebridge" and buy one. They're cheap ^_^

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
Alright well anyone else have anything to say?
May be awhile before I get a gamebridge so this is what I have right now.
Thanks.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Your Ike is pretty good; nice work. While I haven't played a good PT before, I'll try to give the most constructive criticism as possible.

For the Squirtle portion of the match, you should've abused your range more and keep him out with more jabs. I'm not sure if Squirtle is quick enough to punish you for a missed FAir when properly spaced, but you should try that out.

Against Ivysaur (or any tether-recovery opponent in general), try to gimp more by knocking him out with FAir, BAir, or even dash attack when he tries to get back onto the stage with his second jump, then edgehog him when he tries to up+B. I'd offer more suggestions, but I'm unfamiliar with this match-up.

Against Charizard, try refraining from QD when recovering; as you found out, it got you punished by Flamethrower. Shut him out more with FAirs and jabs, but watch out when he uses Flamethrower. Try to keep him above you; he can't really do anything there except DAir. Watch out for his vertical range when he's on the ground.

As some general comments, go for grabs when you set them up or when you're punishing for lag; I wouldn't advise trying to run up for a grab since Ike's range isn't that good. Try using FTilt more; it has extremely high knockback (even more than BAir) and has great range as well. Use UAir more as well - like FTilt, it has great knockback (it kills about the same % as USmash from the ground) and has enormous priority. Overall, good job with your Ike.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
I heard music and closed the window..sorry, not gonna watch that crap. Next time use gamebridge.

ebay "gamebridge" and buy one. They're cheap ^_^
That comment was about as useful a **** flavoured lolly-pop.

Anyways, you Ikes pretty good :)

Probably better than mine!

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
Your Ike is pretty good; nice work. While I haven't played a good PT before, I'll try to give the most constructive criticism as possible.

For the Squirtle portion of the match, you should've abused your range more and keep him out with more jabs. I'm not sure if Squirtle is quick enough to punish you for a missed FAir when properly spaced, but you should try that out.

Against Ivysaur (or any tether-recovery opponent in general), try to gimp more by knocking him out with FAir, BAir, or even dash attack when he tries to get back onto the stage with his second jump, then edgehog him when he tries to up+B. I'd offer more suggestions, but I'm unfamiliar with this match-up.

Against Charizard, try refraining from QD when recovering; as you found out, it got you punished by Flamethrower. Shut him out more with FAirs and jabs, but watch out when he uses Flamethrower. Try to keep him above you; he can't really do anything there except DAir. Watch out for his vertical range when he's on the ground.

As some general comments, go for grabs when you set them up or when you're punishing for lag; I wouldn't advise trying to run up for a grab since Ike's range isn't that good. Try using FTilt more; it has extremely high knockback (even more than BAir) and has great range as well. Use UAir more as well - like FTilt, it has great knockback (it kills about the same % as USmash from the ground) and has enormous priority. Overall, good job with your Ike.
Awesome. Thank you for this.
Ftilt application is very hard for me... but I have been noticing its benefits more and more these days. Looks like I can no longer ignore it =).

Top Bottom