• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Sup Guys

BrotaroKubro

Smash Rookie
Hello all. I've been getting into Smash in a more competitive fashion recently, and I figured this was a place I should check out and become a part of. I played Melee quite a bit when I was younger, but I mostly play Project M now. Looking to get back into Melee once I decide to actually buy the game again. I main Marth and some MewTwo. Any general tips are welcome. Anyone near Dayton, OH should let themselves be known so that I know I'm not alone.

Last edited:

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
Welcome to the site! If you're looking for information about a character then the character specific pages of the site are the best place to start. If you have any questions just start up a thread there and people should be happy to help. I don't know much about those two characters unfortunately but there are many one those pages to help you out.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome :)

Looking to get better at competitive Smash in general, this is for you

Project M Character Discussion
Melee Character Discussion

There's a ton of info around here, so stick around!

Oh, and if you're looking for others in your area to play, check out the Regional Zones forum

I'm a Melee Marth main as well, but it's probably better for you to have a look at the legion of information firsthand rather than me try to give a breakdown in one post :awesome:

BrotaroKubro

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys. I played some people yesterday. First experience with any form of higher level play, and I guess Ganondorf is the way to go for right now in PM. Gotta rep the Manon. I'm going to commit to Marth for Melee for sure, but I've not had much luck on that front.

Thanks again for all the help. This community is a really great place and I can't wait to get more active in the Smash scene

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
Thanks guys. I played some people yesterday. First experience with any form of higher level play, and I guess Ganondorf is the way to go for right now in PM. Gotta rep the Manon. I'm going to commit to Marth for Melee for sure, but I've not had much luck on that front.

Thanks again for all the help. This community is a really great place and I can't wait to get more active in the Smash scene
Marth is a great choice for Melee! PPMD still pulls out his Marth and boy are his combo's sick (Check out the MLG 2014 VOD for some sick Low % Ken Combo's). Glad to have you and how you suceed! Remember. Practice Practice Practice!

Top Bottom